Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
P
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
P
Well, it has become clear that the lack of responses to the previous Pac-Nor Group Buy thread spoke volumes so I have started a new, separate thread for a completely different and unassociated Group Buy opportunity. This will be for Lilja barrels and I will outline the specifics below. Many of the same principles that pertained to the Pac-Nor thread will apply here as well. Without any further rambling, here are the official guide-lines for the new Lilja Barrel Blank Group Buy:

� Pricing � Lilja�s volume discount works out to be 15% off for an order of 5+ barrels. I have provided a link to the Lilja Homepage below. Basically, a std. length barrel in Stainless will run $275 vs. $320 and a std. length barrel in Chrome-Moly will be $255 vs. $300. Lilja extends a discount to every barrel they offer regardless of Caliber, Contour, Twist Rate, Material (stainless vs. chrome-moly), as well as some additional services such as fluting so please refer to their website for further details. Custom Contours, Factory Contour Duplication, etc. are eligible for a discount but please contact me if you are interested in any custom work. Any custom work will be subject to further job costs and will add time to the entire order.
� Options � You may order any Contoured Barrel Blank that Lilja offers. This includes any combination of material, contour, caliber, # of lands/grooves (from those offered), and twist rate. Please note that Lilja does not offer any added Gunsmithing Services like threading, chambering, crowning, or finishing, so things of this nature will need to be performed by your local �smith. However, things like larger-than-standard barrel diameters, longer-than-standard barrels, and Cryogenic treatment are available and would be subject to a discount of some sort. Please contact me if you require these additional services.
� Lead Time � This will be approximately 9+ weeks. All of the barrels will be manufactured in one run and shipped together.
� Shipping � Lilja is unwilling to ship each barrel (or barrels) individually in this scenario. From a logistical perspective, it is more than they want to deal with. They will ship everything to one central location (at this time, MY residence) and the barrels would be distributed from there. I am aware that this situation is less-than-ideal but it is the reality for this Group Buy. I am certainly more than happy to do this. IMPORTANT: I will be shipping with UPS Ground so please provide a physical address as opposed to a P.O. Box. UPS cannot deliver packages to P.O. Boxes. In addition, for AK and HI members, the shipping rates will be increased somewhat but I would obviously need to use UPS Air Services for your barrels. International members may participate but please be aware that shipping costs will be increased. (This includes folks from Canada and Mexico.) Please contact me for any International Shipping. IF there are people who insist on using USPS or FEDEX, please let me know as soon as you can. I will certainly be flexible on this but UPS is the most convenient shipping provider for me.
� Dead-Lines � For this Group Buy, I am looking at Mar. 29 as the last day to accept orders. This will give members around six weeks to determine whatever it is they are interested in. I believe this provides plenty of time for people to figure things out and get their finances situated. However, if this date precludes enough people from participating, then I am more than willing to be flexible regarding this if it does not offer enough time for people to get things in order. After Mar. 29, I would be looking at receiving payments by no later than Apr. 11th and would submit the entire order to Lilja sometime during the week of Apr. 13th. This should allow enough time for the Checks and MO�s to arrive and clear my Bank. (Again, this can be adjusted if there are any exigent circumstances.) FWIW, I would be using my own Card for this transaction and would need the funds available at this time. I would provide a detailed �invoice� for every individual involved prior to submitting the order. Participants would only need to send a one-time payment which would cover however many barrels they order plus shipping (x2, per blank). In addition, any Amendments or Changes made prior to Mar. 29 would be accepted. However, any changes or orders made AFTER this date will not be allowed and the original order is what will be submitted. Please make sure that you are ordering the specific item(s) you want. Also make sure that you inform me of any circumstances which may conflict with these dates.
� Ordering � Individual orders will only be accepted through posting on this Thread. This will ensure a �public record� that participants will be able to refer too. I have provided my e-mail address at the bottom of this Thread so there is another method in which to contact me. However, orders need to be submitted through the �Official Group Buy Thread�. Any order submitted through Private Message or E-Mail will be ignored. (However, I will happily answer any concerns and questions via PM or E-Mail.) Lastly, please let me know �who� you are. In other words, match your screen name at the �Fire with a real name so that I know who gets what.
� Payment � Payments should be sent directly to me and I have provided my address at the bottom of this thread. Lilja prefers one transaction and is averse to trying to match things up with a bunch of individual orders. Payments can be made by Personal Check or Money Order. As mentioned above, I will use my own personal Debit Card for this transaction and will need to have the necessary funds on hand at the time the order is placed.

Hopefully I have covered all of the gory details in this thread. I am sure that there will be exceptions to these conditions and unforeseen issues will arise. By all means, please let me know if I have left some stones unturned here and I will try and address those concerns immediately. I am genuinely optimistic that this Group Buy will be worthwhile and successful and that participation will be high.

Thanks for your time.

Khil Norland
6113 Cole Lane
Arvada, CO 80004
kln1974yahoo.com
303 718-6925

Lilja Home Page

Last edited by pinotguy; 02/16/09.

I'm becoming more tolerant of intolerant people.
GB1

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
"After Mar. 29, I would be looking at receiving payments by no later than Apr. 11th and would submit the entire order to Pac-Nor sometime during the week of Apr. 13th."

I suspect this will not work for Lilja?

P
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
P
Toolelk,

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. No, I can't imagine Lilja would be overly amused if events unfolded in such a manner. The original post has been edited.

I'm becoming more tolerant of intolerant people.
H
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
H
This one has a chance as only 5 barrels are needed to get the discount. Lilja makes a fine barrel.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Well, it has become clear that the lack of responses to the previous Pac-Nor Group Buy thread spoke volumes...

And from your other thread...

From my residence to your ZIP code it would be $25 per barrel. This would bring the shipping total to $40 (Pac-Nor to me - $15 + me to you - $25).

Not to be a wet blanket, but I think that most guys are thinking that double shipping kinda wipes out the $45 discount. You only come out a few bucks (maybe $25-ish for most ZIP codes) ahead, and with added "conditions" and hassles (i.e. instead of simply ordering what you want, when you want, and finding it on your doorstep direct from the factory).

It would need to be a more significant discount to be enticing enough to make me buy through this method rather than a direct sale.

With a minimum order of five barrels, I'd also think that some guys here could form "local groups", and if you get a few guys in the same area wanting a couple barrels each, they can do it and avoid the extra re-shipping charges.

I appreciate your efforts to make this fly, but I'm suspecting that it's just not attractive enough to make a bunch of guys jump.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I agree with coldbore. Anoter problem is most smiths order way more then 5 barrels a year so there discount is more. I just have the smith order the barrel and send him my parts. Only have to pay shipping once.

"It's my main love for all things Ackley. Plus the dude was cool before cool was cool."

SH08
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Respectfully, agreed. For the sake of a few bucks, it's just not worth the time and hassle to take part in a group deal like this. I do appreciate the thought.

Anybody who seriously concerns themselves with the adequacy of a Big 7mm for anything we hunt here short of brown bear, is a dufus. They are mostly making shidt up. Crunch! Nite-nite!

Stolen from an erudite CF member.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I sincerely appreciate Khil's efforts. We need more guys like him! That said, I ordered a Lilja barrel yesterday afternoon after I read this. To me the time savings between yesterday and the date the group order would be placed was worth more than the discount.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

519 members (10gaugemag, 01Foreman400, 1234, 160user, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 66 invisible), 2,412 guests, and 1,239 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,320
Posts18,487,413
Members73,969
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.