-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
R
OP Offline
R
been wandering through here for a few weeks , then i found alloutdoors , get the word to day they are about done so dropped in here and did some more reading decided i might belong so registered and came back and got curious about the coded " message " a couple of threads below , decided that maybe "toto isn't in Kansas anymore " . Hi everyone , as the handle says i am a recurve shooter from New Brunswick , Canada . i see you now have both sides of my country represented here tonight .------- herb

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Recurve Shooter:<P>Glad to have you. Pay no attention to the "coded message" thread, those guys have been mainlining tequila for too long, burnt up the other brain cell. LOL<P>Since I am more or less of a beginner in archery, why do you choose a recurve, as opposed to a long bow, or a compound?<P>At any rate, pull up a log, have a Molson, and spit in the fire with the rest of us.

"When we put [our enlisted men and women] in harm's way, it had better count for something. It can't be because some policy wonk back here has a brain fart of an idea of a strategy that isn't thought out." General Zinni on Iraq

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Welcome to the fire. We gots room for bownarrer shooters. Now let me ask you the most important question. Do you prefer feathers or buffalo horns for a head dress. Maybe one of them funky little green caps with a phesant feather stuck in it like CAT wears. [Linked Image]<BR>BCR

Quando Omni Moritati
R
OP Offline
R
thanks for the invite , think i will stick around for a while. used to shoot a compound but the more stuff you put on it the more you want . didn't shoot for 3 years , worked 7 days a week ( burn out time ) after i connected to the net i found an auction site and one person was auctioning 4 recurve bows ( 4 separate auctions )some how i ended up with 3 .i have always loved wood the look and the feel , they are light easy to carry. been working since Dec. to learn to shoot by just looking at what i want to hit ( instinctive shooting )it is getting better it will take time .<BR> i think i would go with the buff horns i am almost the same size .all the best ---- herb

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Recurve Shooter:<P>My kids drug me to Siver Dollar City in Branson, Missouri last year. Which, much to my surprise, I enjoyed. But, in a moment of stupidity, I decided I wanted to try to shoot a deer with bows like the Indians used, so I bought a hand made Bois D'arc wood bow from a bow maker there, and he threw in a couple of woooden arrows. That is about as far as that project has gotten, but now I have to pick out a nice feather headress according to Booger Ditch Deputy, and I am not sure how to match feathers to my beard. Further research will be required.

"When we put [our enlisted men and women] in harm's way, it had better count for something. It can't be because some policy wonk back here has a brain fart of an idea of a strategy that isn't thought out." General Zinni on Iraq

IC B2

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Recurve, I sold my compound a few years ago, when I moved out of the country. I have been wanting to try a recurve but hate to spend the money and find out I do not like it. Where did you find bows on an auction site? If I could pick up one reasonable, I would certainly go for it. TM

R
OP Offline
R
"if it flies it dies" ,i dye my own feathers so if you can cut out a big swatch of your beard i might be able to colour cordinate .<P>traveling man , if you are interested check ebay a Bear kodiak mag will go fo less than $120 u.s. , i bought one fo $60 u.s. had a ding but shoots fine . if you want a couple of classified sites e-mail me . i bought a howartt hunter 55# for $115 u.s was just like new , here in canada i found one new for $389 can . i now have 5 recurve and 2 compounds , will never shoot the compounds again , you never have enough stick bows .------ herb<BR>

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Recurve Shooter, welcome to the campfire, don't get too close without protection, watch all these sharks there are many just waiting for fresh meat.<P>Travelingman, -- look no futher ole "no" is here with your salvation. I just happen to have a recurve out in the shop and you don't have to fight an auction. Saw the box last week, will dig it out today and post everything about it later. I also have a PSE compound with all the goodies that I have decided not to hunt with and getting too old to play with. It's all I can do to keep up with my golf ball instead of an arrow. -- no<P>------------------<BR>A hint to the wise is sufficient! Smiles are contagious, infect everyone!<p>[This message has been edited by need one (edited June 21, 2001).]

A hint to the wise is sufficient! Experience is the best teacher!
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Welcome here recurve shooter! Please do get comfortable, and enjoy yourself.

We may rise and fall, but in the end, we meet our fate together.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
travelingman, -- The bow is like new, laminated, three colors of brown to tan, pretty bow. Don't ask me how it shoots I don't remember and if I shot it everything in sight was in danger. It is made by Wing Archery Company, the model is Red Wing Hunter, marked 58", 50#, seriel #RW18661. No dings, scratches, or marks. The string was laying in the box but I wouldn't use it, there are four Bear wood arrows with broadheads and nine looks like Ben Pearson target arrows, looks like bugs have had lunch on three or four of the fletching. There is a Bear finger tip glove. Oh yes, the arrow rest pad glue gave up and the pad fell off, you would probably want a different kind anyway. Don't remember where I bought this but the hunting arrows have a name and Houston address. Heck, if travelingman doesn't want it someone around this fire might be looking for something like this, everyone invited. Make cash offer for all. sonniepeoplescom.net -- no<P>------------------<BR>A hint to the wise is sufficient! Smiles are contagious, infect everyone!

IC B3

D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
need one, I'll admit this one maybe wasn't necessary.......deadeye<p>[This message has been edited by deadeye (edited June 21, 2001).]

So far, this is the oldest I've ever been.
Some days you're the dog. Some days you're the hydrant.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Mr deadeye, -- we welcomed you here to our campfire and you are continusly trying to cause trouble and hard feelings here. You do not represent you country well. All of the other hunters here from Canada and Alaska are gentlemen that join in the conversations and exchange information along with just plain old campfire talk. If we Americans are so bad to you why do you hang around us? You stated earlier you were picking up your toys and going elswhere but you continue to post. I am begining to think you are a troll, if you want to stay you are welcome to join in, if not, have a good day. -- no <P>Like I stated before, I am just a poster here like everyone else. This campfire is for everyone that is civil and enjoys what we are trying to maintain.<P>------------------<BR>A hint to the wise is sufficient! Smiles are contagious, infect everyone!<p>[This message has been edited by need one (edited June 21, 2001).]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sonnie:<P>I'm dad-gummed impressed!! Dang!<P>Deadeye: <P>I'm glad to report that peace reigns in the kingdom. The good knight George lords over his castle in the Second Amendment forum, and he is raising a call to arms! Hark!<P>Rick

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Recurve Shooter you found a good site with alot of good folks. Its just like any other site on the net, as far as "trolls" go as Sonnie puts it, but it is a great site. The jury is still out on whether it was a horse that kicked him in the head or mainlining tequilla, but I reckon he is just bored and having a little fun. Dont know what the others excuse is!!!!! [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] I just got into bowhunting for myself last year and I really enjoy it. I always thought that was why the indians lost the war till I tried it for myself. Good to have you here. bcat<P>------------------<BR>If you aint the lead dog the scenery never changes [img]http://www.hunttalk.com/icon/bcatrunningcat.gif.com/boykin][/img] <BR><A HREF="http://www.huntandlodge.com/Boykin/outfitter.html" TARGET=_blank>Boykin's Hunting <B>Homepage</B> </A>

If you aint the lead dog the scenery never changes [img]http://www.hunttalk.com/icon/bcatrunningcat.gif.com/boykin][/img] <BR><A HREF="http://www.huntandlodge.com/Boykin/outfitter.html" TARGET=_blank>Boykin's Hunting <B>Homepage</B> </A>
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hey, you guys can't be talking about bows and arrows, except on the archery forum, which Rick has yet to create, and you can't talk about selling stuff either, take it to the classified section! [Linked Image] [Linked Image] ~~~Suluuq

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Recurve,<P>Welcome [Linked Image]<P>(oh no not another one of those guys wounding all sorts of deer using sticks, lol)<P>Just ignore the above, all done in a joking manner [Linked Image]<P>Don [Linked Image]

Groove Bullets - Get in the Groove

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

113 members (35, 10Glocks, arky65, afisher, Aviator, AnthonyB, 11 invisible), 1,527 guests, and 791 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,600
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.