Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
hi i'm new here i just sighned up. alloutdoors is closing and sombody said that this is a really good site. i'm looking for deergetter from alloutdoors. he was giving me tips on how to train my dog but has not replied in a few days. heres my email incase one of you guys find him before me:deerhunter_sniperhotmail.com. thanks.<BR> raiderboy

mark

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
what kind of pups do you have? If you get any great tips for labs let me know, we just go two little rascals a few weeks back, and IIFID along with others have given us some great tips which are working great on them. As matter of fact the two will be separated either this weekend or the upcoming weekend for their next training phase.<P>So welcome to the fire, pull up a log and sit a while. You will find great people with a huge amount of knowledge who can pretty much answer any question(s) you can come up with.<P>Toons - <P>PS - Did you graduate from TexasTech? just curious with your signin name<BR> <P>------------------<BR>Don't be ashamed to say what you are not ashamed to think.<p>[This message has been edited by Toons (edited June 21, 2001).]

Don't be ashamed to say what you are not ashamed to think.
P
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
P
raiderboy, I just joined here today too. Welcome. This is a good site, lotta good posts.

"nullum gratuitum prandium"
R
R
Yep, my first day here too. Looks like a pretty good comprehensive site. Lot of the others specialize in just hunting, or just fishing, etc.<P>Hope they don't make the same mistake here that they did at AO.

Duck! it's a Rick O'Shay
N
N
waving a hand in the air!<P>I just found my way here. I've looked at a lot of the sites recommended by other AOers. This one suits me best because it loads faster and the conversations seem to be the same tone I am used to in AO. yup...it's the closest to my comfort zone.<P>Can I take this stump? Anyone need a refill on coffee?<P>Nate

I'm new at this stuff...so I may sound silly...but rest assured...I will not stop sounding silly no matter how long I do it!
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Nate:<P>The stump is yours. Put a little something in that joe, will ya?<P>Rcik

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Popeye, -- just went through your big city yesterday on the way to Dallas. You have a utility trailer builder up there that I need to talk to. Do you know him?<BR>WHUP, popeye, I made a mistake I was thinking of Lone Oak, Tx. sorry bout that. Just missed it a few miles. [Linked Image]<P>Welcome to all you drifters, give it a day or two and this will be home to you when you get to know everyone. <P>We like to think of this site as a campfire surounded by a bunch of friendly hunters shooting the breeze about everything hunters and friends talk about in camp. We have ladies in the group so keep it clean as you can. I catch heck every time I turn around but that's part of it. Politics, campaines, selling commercially are not considered ordinary campfire talk other than current topics in the paper or on TV and we comment on them. These topics cause great dissension on any board along with hard feelings. Let's try to keep the campfire setting for frindship and good companions. We have no moderator, this campfire is for us, we all partisipate. We have people from all walks of life, preachers, doctors, lawyers, ranchers, young hunters watching and reading what we post, learning from what we post, and how we conduct ourselves. This is a great campfire with much knowledge, have a question and someone will answer it, maybe several answers and you can pick what you like to hear. Some of us have been together for a couple of years and still poke at each other but it keeps the campfire burning bright. Again, WELCOME TO ALL, go bring your friends and we will have a party. -- no<P>------------------<BR>A hint to the wise is sufficient! Smiles are contagious, infect everyone!<P>[This message has been edited by need one (edited June 21, 2001).]<p>[This message has been edited by need one (edited June 21, 2001).]

A hint to the wise is sufficient! Experience is the best teacher!
P
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
P
Next time give me a bump, we'll have coffee. Don't know what kind of trailers you need, but my wife works for Commercial Body Co.She'll sell you sumpin. I live in Bexar Co. Right next to San Antonio, but work for a hospital in Taft, down by Corpus. And my office is in Stephenville

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Popeye, -- reread my post, I made a mistake on location by about 2-300 miles. You are spread out a little. Tell these people how you pronounce Bexar county. I was stationed in SA for four years. My old fishing partner drove down to his ranch at Uvalde last month and decided to fly back to Dallas. His wife drove him to the airport and left. He had his revolver in his suitcase and forgot it not being a hunter or shooter. Security picked it up and picked him up. He spent two days and one night in jail while they checked him out. He carries quite a lot of money and they wanted to know about that also. Talked to him today and he knows how to pronounce Bexar county. Cost him $2000 for lawyer and lawyer got his S&W mod 60, over $600 in fines, probation for a year, community service for awhile, report to probation officer for the year at $40 a trip. Moral of story, DON'T TAKE YOUR GUN TO AIRPORT SON!!!! -- no <P>------------------<BR>A hint to the wise is sufficient! Smiles are contagious, infect everyone!

P
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
P
no I knew where you had gone, that's why I put where I lived. It's pronounced "BEAR" CO. If anyone wants to know why, I'll tell you, both the legend, and the truth. By the way, did I tell you....don'y carry a gun to the airport.

IC B3

G
G
Hello,<BR> Another AO'er checking in......<BR> My moniker reflects the dogs i run, Weims.<P> I used to visit this forum years ago, back when the landing page was black w/the roaring fire picture at the top. All the threads were in orange text and were uncollapsed and descending........What a major overhaul since then! Format & topics are great......people seem nice as well.<P>Anyway, just wanted to let y'all know i'll be dropping in regularly. My areas of interest are Grouse & Duck hunting, versatile dogs, high-powered rifles (.338 & up), skeet, trap and keeping up with my 2.5 year old son!<P>I brought a blanket, so i'll just lie down over here.....real beat from the hike over from AO.<P>GrayDawg<P>------------------<BR>May all your dog's points be productive & may your lead avoid all timber...

May all your dog's points be productive & may your lead avoid all timber...
R
RRC Offline
R
Hi,<P>I am also an AO'er who might be looking for a new home.

N
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
N
Encee, checking in from AO, over.<P>Been here since the "Great Migration" from shooters.com, but mostly just lurking. Lets see if this password still works...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Welcome all:<P>Glad to have you visit and hope you like it enough to stay, the more the merrier.

"When we put [our enlisted men and women] in harm's way, it had better count for something. It can't be because some policy wonk back here has a brain fart of an idea of a strategy that isn't thought out." General Zinni on Iraq

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Popeye, -- yes I want to know why Bexar county is pronounced "Bear". Give us the works. -- no<P>------------------<BR>A hint to the wise is sufficient! Smiles are contagious, infect everyone!

P
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
P
OK The truth is it was named after San Antonio de Bexar, pronounced "bay-har", like Tejas. The legend, and what we tell yankees is as follows: Back when the state purchased this area from the Indians, the chiefs' name was "Bear", and he couldn't read or write, so he just put an "X" on the document, and later state officials put BE before the "X" and AR after. BE x AR County, Texas. I have land for sale if you believe that. Good weekend,

B
B
Hi ya all! hope you don't mind if I take a seat here do you? I,m from AO too! I also heard this is a good site. Hi nate smith how are you? My name from AO was river bottom, I didn't post much there but I visited almost everyday for 2years. Hey does anyone know if "teach" visits here? I might have some questions about my beretta's<P>------------------<BR>eat meat and be happy!

eat meat and be happy!
N
N
Hey River Bottom/Big Timber (are we duck hunters?). Havn't seen teach yet but I think he'll be along soon. He sure is trying to hold onto the candles over there.<P>What's up witht the berretas?<P>Nate

I'm new at this stuff...so I may sound silly...but rest assured...I will not stop sounding silly no matter how long I do it!
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
hey guys, thanks for the warm welcome and i plan on staying here. this is a great site with no problems at all. nevermind about looking for deergetter, i found him. thanks though. <BR> raiderboy [img]images/icons/cool.gif" border="0[/img]

mark
L
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
L
Hey to all ex-A.O. members please go back and read Dan Johnsons resent post called<BR>"stick around" there might be hope. He's on the top of my list along A.O.& Midway. Cause I just WON that new Midway reloading press!(a.k.a. Redrocket)<BR>OOOOhh OOOhh look at me...winner, winner.<BR>Everybody please check back I don't know the details but I think he's crying over their....No pun intended. [img]images/icons/laugh.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/blush.gif" border="0[/img]

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

487 members (17CalFan, 22kHornet, 222Sako, 160user, 1badf350, 007FJ, 52 invisible), 2,119 guests, and 1,126 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,246
Posts18,504,631
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.