-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Give the man a fair chance to make good, then out his ass, shame his ass on the public forum.

Let those don't already know who he is, let them know his name!

You may not get your rings but $30 worth of public shame on a crooked ass will go a long way on the Fire.

g

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just a thought - you said he answered your snail mail but that your PM has not been read. Maybe he has had computer problems or even had someone else post the stuff for him? I'd snail mail him again and ask for a phone number and provide my phone number.

�That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.� George Orwell
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
With two PM's not read, something very well could have come up.
He may have sent the rings by regular parcel post, not knowing it could be weeks before they show, and thinking everything's kosher.

C
ckr Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
C
Good thoughts but first PM after gun arrived was read and responded to immediately after recieving letter in the mail. I responded within hours and that is yet to be read. I think it's just a total lack of attention. Which as others have said is your responsibility if you've got something out there.

D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
I think waiting a month is more than being patient. Doesnt matter if its $30 or $3000. I bet the patient crew would sing a different tune if it was their money? Dont care what the circumstance is a month is way to long. DEWY

IC B2

C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
Originally Posted by DEWY
I think waiting a month is more than being patient. Doesnt matter if its $30 or $3000. I bet the patient crew would sing a different tune if it was their money? Dont care what the circumstance is a month is way to long. DEWY

+1

I'm in a similar boat going on a month without shipment and I'm out $220, I'm no longer patient but what can you do? He responds to PM's but they are worthless as he has told me it has shipped 4 different times...

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Post up a name and smoke his azz out!...

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I also went over a month waiting on something. First, he couldn't mail because the weather was too bad to get out (in W. Virginia), then, he says he accidently mailed the package to himself, had to mail again. PM's went unanswered when package still didn't arrive. I emailed, suggested calling his local sheriff. He got real nervous, swore it had been mailed. I asked him to track it - he sends me a tracking number. Post Office says no such number ever happened. Five days later, he sends me a "corrected" tracking number. Finally got the package, turns out it wasn't mailed until the day he sent me the last tracking number. For whatever reason, it appears he was lying all the time, after requesting I send the money order TO HIM priority mail - which I did.

Won't buy anything from this boy again.

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
I've been guilty of sending incomplete orders myself--last rifles I shipped (two in two days). After I got back from the UPS and started cleaning up my bench, found a takedown screw from one of the two rifles.

I immediately sent an e-mail to each purchaser telling them to check their parcels when they got them and let me know if they were missing the screw. Got my answer, put the item in the mail to them the same day.

That's the way I would like to be treated, and that's the way I treat my buyers.

Good luck and hope it comes to a happy resolution for you.

An Old Pilot, but Not A Bold Pilot
"Pig-murderin' Fool"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Texas99
I also went over a month waiting on something. First, he couldn't mail because the weather was too bad to get out (in W. Virginia), then, he says he accidently mailed the package to himself, had to mail again. PM's went unanswered when package still didn't arrive. I emailed, suggested calling his local sheriff. He got real nervous, swore it had been mailed. I asked him to track it - he sends me a tracking number. Post Office says no such number ever happened. Five days later, he sends me a "corrected" tracking number. Finally got the package, turns out it wasn't mailed until the day he sent me the last tracking number. For whatever reason, it appears he was lying all the time, after requesting I send the money order TO HIM priority mail - which I did.

Won't buy anything from this boy again.

I hope if he lists anything here, that you simply issue a warning in his post. There are too many good folks here to have idiots like that spoiling the fun.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm thinking I got stiffed by a member here on a set of dies. The dies were free and all I asked for was $7.60 postage.
Guess that amount is a lot to some

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Posts here show alot about posters.. I don't think a set of thirty dollar rings is worth trashing a person's reputation publicly when you do not know this person face to face or any other aspects of his character.If there is a legitimate reason for his behavoiur, it could make you feel very small if you condemn him and then find out later. Internet is an extremely poor personal communication medium as these bbs often prove.
Tell me which rings you need, If I have a set I will send them to you ,but I will bet eventually you will have my set and his.
I recall one time having an issue with a rifle shipped to a gunsmith for work. Months went by and no one answered the phone etc etc. Finally one day there was an answer. The gentleman was slowly recovering from 5 way bypass surgery. I told him to finish and ship it whenever he was able to and didn't matter how long it took.I got a beautiful rifle some time later with a very gracious thank you note. Made me feel a lot better than if I had condemned him to everyone.

Last edited by foogle; 02/22/09. Reason: spelling

"We are building a dictatorship of relativism which recoqnizes nothing as definitive and whose ultimate goal consists solely of ones own self ego and desires."Cardinal Rathzinger
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Sweet Jesus, postal inspectors and mail fraud over a set of $30 rings that the guy FORGOT to include with the rifle that was sent.

Obviously we are certain that who ever received the gun (assuming the buyer doesn't have an FFL) didn't 'misplace' them?

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
Originally Posted by foogle
Posts here show alot about posters.. I don't think a set of thirty dollar rings is worth trashing a person's reputation publicly when you do not know this person face to face or any other aspects of his character.If there is a legitimate reason for his behavoiur, it could make you feel very small if you condemn him and then find out later. Internet is an extremely poor personal communication medium as these bbs often prove.

So how much money would it take to trash him? $100, $200, $1000? What if you have been told it has shipped a few different times but still hasn't arrived?

$30 might not be much to you but still....

Also I don't exactly call 11 days to be ASAP, the seller said he would send them out ASAP so he does have them.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
It is not an issue of $30 dollars.No amount of money may be worth it. It is an issue of ruining the reputation of someone you do not know before hundreds or thousands of other people you do not know.It just is not worth it. If after the public trashing it becomes evident it was unwarranted ,unlikely you or anyone else would be on here apologizing and trying to restore that man's reputation.And most of those whose saw the public condmenation would never see a retraction anyway.

"We are building a dictatorship of relativism which recoqnizes nothing as definitive and whose ultimate goal consists solely of ones own self ego and desires."Cardinal Rathzinger
C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
Originally Posted by foogle
It is not an issue of $30 dollars.No amount of money may be worth it. It is an issue of ruining the reputation of someone you do not know before hundreds or thousands of other people you do not know.It just is not worth it. If after the public trashing it becomes evident it was unwarranted ,unlikely you or anyone else would be on here apologizing and trying to restore that man's reputation.And most of those whose saw the public condmenation would never see a retraction anyway.

I see where your coming from but what is the buyer left to do, just bend over and take it up the tailpipe?

In my case I was told for the forth time on Wednesday I would have the item no later than Saturday because he sent it out that day USPS priority mail so I held off on stopping payment on the money order Friday like I warned him. Well I was kicked in the nuts again, no product showed this week and it was too late to do anything Saturday so Monday it will be 5 weeks that he has had my money, after work if it still isn't there I will stop payment and I will start thrashing this guys name and address here and on Predator Masters. No amount or type of excuses will fly anymore because he has been in contact with me via PM within a day or two of my PM's every time.

Either this guy is ignorant, lazy, unorganized, a thief or a combination and I don't really care which one anymore.

When I sell something I get it in the mail that day or the next, I understand if an emergency comes up but 5 weeks while in communication the whole time is BS

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I am also having issues with a shipment. I'm trying to be patient but like was stated earlier, if the seller wants their money "Priority Mail" why should I have to wait a month or so on the items I have purchased. I understand some are not able to ck their mail everyday but I am amazed how quick they respond to "I'll take it" or "send the money here" only to realize they've been too busy to mail anything out. When someone says they will send tracking info and keep you posted on progress they should back it up. I don't want to badger someone who is truly having issues but communication is the key.

"If I couldn't laugh I would go insane." JB
C
ckr Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
C
The above stated reasons are why I've not posted anything negative on his behalf. I feel the same in that for the 30 or 40 bucks it's just not worth it. I also stated up front that the rings were certainly not a deal breaker. That's why I posted the question for advice. To some degree it matters not to me that it was 30 or 300 dollars. The rings were not in the package and the one and only communication I've had with the man after receiving the rifle confirmed that he had neglected to send them and would do so ASAP. My personal definition of ASAP in a situation like that is the next day. It's now 11 days later with no additional communication at all. I as well could easily have purchased rings in the meantime but have no need for 2 sets. I plan to mail another letter tomorrow with my e-mail and phone #. Hopefully they'll cross in the mail and it'll be a mute point but at this time I'm not expecting that. Thanks for all the comments.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
If thats the guy that sold the rem7-260 he is still posting..even today. grin

Last edited by Hubert; 02/22/09.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Tracks
I'm thinking I got stiffed by a member here on a set of dies. The dies were free and all I asked for was $7.60 postage.
Guess that amount is a lot to some

That happened to me, too. All I asked for for the item I shipped was reimbursment of the shipping charges, and I never got that. Could be a misunderstanding somehow ---that surely happens --- but I probably won't sell or buy with the guy again.

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

592 members (1beaver_shooter, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 69 invisible), 2,527 guests, and 1,162 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,471
Posts18,529,309
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.