Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
LSU is Louisiana State University. Growing up my family had season tickets to the football and baseball games. It kind of got in my blood and is one of the few things besides hunting and my fiance that gets me excited.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
While in the military in South Africa, I worked on "Ratels". (Afrikaans for badger, a 6 wheeled APC that could hop 12" kerbs at 60 mph & hardly even rock you.) My, uhh, experiments er adjustments to injector pumps of said vehicles were known to yield up to an extra 15 mph on the highway. (Ever seen a 6 wheeled armored behemoth bearing down on your Datsun doing 75 mph? [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]) Thus the name. Probably more infamous than famous. badger.<P>------------------<BR>Happiness is a bughole...<p>[This message has been edited by badger (edited February 08, 2001).]

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

G
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G
That's my name, Jim Garrobo (originally Jaun Ramon Garrobo Pineda, I don't even remember how I got the name Jim. Some fool here in Florida didn't like my name I guess). By the way, a garrobo is a tree lizard found in Honduras, Central America (my original home). It's the male counterpart of the iguana. Tasty little devils. Can be about 6 feet long, including tail, mouth like a turtle,not slow like a turtle and really cute (not). Don't get bit. If you want to get a Central American in a good humor, start saying garrobo. They'll crack up. It works every time. If I ever learn how to post a picture I will send you all one.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Born in Alabama, seen 39 States and about as many foreign countries. Just moved to Melbourne, Australia so the handle just fits. <P>------------------<BR>Traveling Man

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I live in Merced CA and injoy varmint hunting hence the vh.

Rick

IC B2

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Just PCS'd to alaska on January 17. Registered here after following some of the guys over from the other site. When I moved into my house there was a moose bedded down on the property line between my house and the next. He looked over and asked for a good place to get a beer. I told him I was new2alaska, but I'd ask around.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Don't know where it came from just woke up one morning after a party and there it was folks been calling me Bullwinkle ever since. When I first regestered on the net I shortened it to Bullwnkl. Been this way ever since. Them Evergreen State College Parties were killer no wonder their mascot is the mighty Geoduck.<P>Bullwnkl.<BR>

Money talks Bull [bleep] walks
Business as usual
BW Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well, way back in the late '90s, I knew that George Bush Jr would be president, so I chose to use my initials "BW" cause it would sound real close to "GW". [Linked Image]<P>Okay, actually there was already a "BrianW" on shootmyselfinthefoot.com, so I made my handle even shorter than his.<P>------------------<BR>Brian<BR><A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/bw_99835/" TARGET=_blank>The 416 Taylor WebPage!</A>

Brian

E4E Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Did the USMC thing and ended up on the island paradise of Diego Garcia(Yeah right!)as a squad leader of Marines under the Spotless tradition of Marine Security guards,and in the crapper as a plankholder of the F.A.S.T. program.Designated Marksmen was a new concept and we made it up a we went,and my call sign was at first "Sierra one" as team leader.Later because it was too obvious for monitored radio traffic we used inferred call signs."Echo4Echo" was mine,as I had a nasty reputation,and went so far as to name my rifle "Lucretia".First letter of last name in phonetic and "For evisceration" as the last half.It's Macabre,but it stuck.<BR>Then as stated previously <A HREF="http://www.webitethetool.com" TARGET=_blank>www.webitethetool.com</A> board burped and I had to reregister as E4E.Here I am.<BR>I just gotta comment on the others.<BR>Waders:It fits,as a conservative gutpile junkie lawyer,in a world of pinko liberal contemporary's you need "Waders" to keep the crap off of your suit.<BR>Rusty-Gunn:it's cool,you're right,but as the grandson of a Lennape forced to learn and live the way of the anglo...Suluuq is what I see in my minds eye,and in the carving I bought.<BR>LMD:When you're 50 and have 10 Grandkids,you will still be LMD.You just can't run fast enough girl!<BR>Boggy:It fits,and thanks for educating my Great lakes ass as to the history of your corner of Texas.It will live on.<BR>Badger:Casper is a homo koogle,and you is now a Yank.It fits in more ways than one.<BR>To me the handles fit quite nicely thank you!<BR>Cheers!<BR>E4E

My Tractor ain't sexy!
My Rifle however, has issues with the matter.
The wife Definately ain't cornfused!
Good thing I have a Dog to come home to!!!!!!
N
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
N
Picked it because thats what I am, what I've always been. It's what I do. Simple as that.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Kodiakisland because every thing Kodiak is I want to be. This is it. Come and stay for a while and you will see how true that is.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
1.) Seemed to fit.<P>2.) Short enuf for even a hunt-and peck guy.<P>3.) Wasn't taken over at the banemall.com place.<P>------------------<BR><BR><I><B>Critr</B></I><BR> <A HREF="http://www.SaguaroSafaris.com" TARGET=_blank>www.SaguaroSafaris.com</A>

Critr
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
'cus I like huggin' bunnies!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I bought my first rifle (Ruger .30-06) when I was 15 with dad's help. I was tickled pink and took her to the range to open her up on a few targets. After several shots, there weren't very many holes in the targets, let alone where they were supposed to be. I only weighed 120 lbs. soaking wet at the time, so the rifle was rocking me pretty hard. I developed quite a "flinch" and I knew it. After all these years, I think I finally got the "Flinch" worked out of my shooting, but I still have to run around in the shower just to get wet. I just don't have to run quite as fast as I use to [Linked Image]. Flinch

Flinch Outdoor Gear broadhead extractor. The best device for pulling your head out.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Uh, well when I was invited of to thewww.webdorkoftheworld.com boards I'd just gotten a 458 lott that I was all excited about, so decided to use that as a handle. I've since sold that gun to finance a 500 Jeffrey, but since everyone over here has kept their old handles, I figured I'd follow suit, the I'm not really into conformity per se.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I've always loved doubleguns, be they side-by-sides as God intended, or stacked on top of each other. Name also works for people who use pistols in rough social settings.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I like to shoot service rifle/Highpower, that's why I'm getting up at 0500 in the morning on my only day to sleep in! If you've ever been in the military or shot in an a match you know the " ready on the left, ready on the right, all ready on the firing line, shooters watch your targets" Ahh, I love that! Well I thought I was being ingenious to combine something from my sport with my slightly right of center [Linked Image] political beliefs, and my readiness to take up arms to defend our way of life!<P>Some people have even alluded to my being "Rabid", but I haven't had the foaming problem for two or three days!!!!<P>Point of correction for E4E, badger is a true Southern gentleman! Yank!! Gads:-)<P>He mentioned running over curbs at 60, if those FNC people would stay in the streets where they belonged he wouldn't have known that, he,he....Oh, I'm being bad again where's my hydrophobia medicine.....<P>Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Like the initials [Linked Image] Then Big Stick had to come along and now there are two of us that can be accused of being not much more than B.S.

Is it Friday yet?
M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Take a guess.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
It was spur of the moment and not taken. I just kept the name for over here.

We may rise and fall, but in the end, we meet our fate together.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

139 members (673, 10gaugemag, 2ndwind, 1minute, 29aholic, 19 invisible), 2,105 guests, and 948 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,758
Posts18,514,939
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.