Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
E
Ed_T Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
E
I finally took some photos of the mini-cylinder stove.

The stove dimensions are 4 3/4" diameter by 6 3/4" length.
Total weight including Titanium foil pipe, damper, rings and spark screen is 21 1/2 ounces

[Linked Image]

This is the front view. The brass rectangular tubing on the stove top are for pot stabilization. Pipe hole was cut with a 2 3/8" hole saw. Door is 20 ga stainless

[Linked Image]

Door open. You can see where the rivited stainless T-Nuts come thru for the legs.

[Linked Image]

Side view shows pot stabilizers and spring tensioer for keeping door closed.

[Linked Image]

Snow Peak Ti kettle on stove stabilizers. Kettle contacts stove top for maximum heat transfer.

[Linked Image]

Snow peak kettle nests inside stove for transport.

[Linked Image]

View of stove bottom with riveted stainless T-Nuts and 10x24 x 3.5 stainless flathead machine screws for legs.

I ran out of time to photograph the GoLite and stove jack but will try to get some pictures posted in the next few days of it.

Last edited by Ed_T; 02/24/09. Reason: Added Specs

Ed T

GB1

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Thanks Ed. That is masterful. I like the idea of a lightweight stove like this that you don't have to futz around with to assemble, AND that things can be stored inside it when it's packed up. Unfortunately, I can leave my Ti stove set up and haul it around but there is no way to easily store stuff inside it, so that wastes a lot of space.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Very nice, Ed. Something along those lines would be perfect for what I need. The ability to nest the kettle inside is a great idea. I'll be anxiously awaiting the photos of the Go-Lite and stove jack.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
well I suppose that tease will keep an angry mob from storming your castle gates!

seriously, cool setup, is the stove pipe telescoping????

or is it kifaru style and flat pieces that have to wire the little buggers to form a pipe?

looking forward to the other pics, nice job Ed

"This ain't dress rehearsal....it's the life you get to live, make it a good one."

TEAMWORK = a bunch of people doing what I say
C
CCH Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Sweet! Can you tell us where you got the bits, especially the canister? Love the pot support. Much better than what I've tried as far as lightweight and compact.

IC B2

E
Ed_T Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
E
Thanks guys,

It did turn out pretty darn good.

Randy,

The pipe is a roll up like the Kifaru's.

Ed T

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Looks good. I put the same kind of rails on the top of my homemade stove for cooking. Going to TJ max to buy a SS container and do one up.

I never seen the bottom things the legs screw into. What are they?

Last edited by WoodsWalker; 02/24/09. Reason: ask a question.
E
Ed_T Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
E
Woods,

Those are T-Nuts. Some of them have pointed flanges to set in wood. What you want are flat flanged.

This link shows them, but these are large sized. A good hardware store shold have them.
http://www.threeballclimbing.com/hardware/zproundbasetnuts.htm

Ed T

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
NEED PICTURES OF FLAMES!!!!! smile

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Ok now I know what they are. Thanks. I am going to use a damper and forgo the door flap. Maybe stick with 3-inch port as I have that size roll-up pipe.

IC B3

E
Ed_T Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
E
Chris,

I got the canister at the Real Food Store where I am a manager. The are a Planetary Design Airscape canister.

Woods,

I am going to use the Ti Goat damper with it as well.

Ed T

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
That's a sweet stove Ed.

Good article in Successful Hunter as well. I'd been thinking about trying one of the map programs. Nice to read your input.

Travis

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Not sure I'll find that canister locally. An asparagus steamer is about the same dimensions, maybe a titch larger. The wife should consider herself lucky that hers is a spendy heavy copper-clad bottom model. I found a cheapo at Target though.

H
hmt Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
Very nice setup!

I found a pretty cool SS canister at Target for $9 today that I am going to give a try ... cool

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I love camping/hunting stuff, especially stoves. I can't get enough. I find them at garage sales and buy them even though I must have a dozen or more.

I bought this little stove at a garage sale for $5.00. It has wings that open to support large pans etc. It also uses Coleman fuel or unleaded gas. It pumps up and gets hot quickly. It is Army surplus.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The pictures show it with a Ritz cracker for size comparison. The container is some stove-pipe I bought to make a nice carrying container. It is compact, works great, and I don't know how much it weighs, further more I don't care, as I have a new 3/4 ton Dodge diesel truck to carry it where I go hunting...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Woods or ed T, Have you guys compared boil times for the a setup Ed has compared to a flat top like kifaru or the rounded bottom pans like ti goat has? I dont need precise apples to apples with every second counted type info just interested to know if it is hard to get water to boil. Dean

C
CCH Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I think it will be a bit tough to compare boil times due to the size of Ed's stove. Kifaru doesn't offer anything that small and I don't think (but could be wrong) that the Ti cylinder stove is still a fair amount bigger.

Ed, was the door just fashioned out of sheet metal?

E
Ed_T Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
E
eyeguy,

CCH is correct as to this being quit a bit smaller than other stoves. The 1st version brought just under a liter of water to a rolling boil in 30 min. This 2nd version has better surface contact so I expect boil times of 20 to 25 minutes which is pretty comparable with a Kifaru Para stove.

Other cykinder stoves I have built have been close to flat topped for boil times. In my experience, a damper or damper plate is more important with cylinder stoves to direct more heat to the cooking surface.

Boil times may seem kind of slow when compared to a gas stove, but with a wood stove you are just sitting around stoking it and enjoying the shirt sleeve warmth.

Chris,

The door is cut from 20 ga stainless. I could have cut. probably another ounce by using lighter material for the door, but the 20 ga with the spring latch makes for a nearly air tight stove.

Ed T

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Is that a 65 or 66 GTO?

R
RJM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
..that was my question..I am guessing a 65 as the 64 has horzontial headlights and the 66 and 67 are the same except for the tail lights...

Great looking stove Ed...when do you start marketing them?

Bob

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

79 members (BALLISTIK, 35, 10Glocks, 308ld, 808outdoors, AdventureBound, 7 invisible), 1,147 guests, and 782 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,868
Posts18,478,687
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.