Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#28499 06/22/01
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
We got more newbys here than a spring spawn!! Welcome to all you drifters. Pull up a log and sit a spell, that's why we call it 24 hour campfire! Can't sleep, just turn on and someone will be here to visit with you! Just consider this just like being out in the woods sitting around a campfire with friends. Some one get out of hand just remind him we are all friends here for the same thing, companionship, fellowship. Welcome to the campfire, enjoy the outing and forget the stresses of the day. -- no<P>------------------<BR>A hint to the wise is sufficient! Smiles are contagious, infect everyone!

A hint to the wise is sufficient! Experience is the best teacher!
GB1

'
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
'
I was just thinking the same thing!!!!!<BR>....hey Rick...we may make #1 hunting site on the net by weeks end! [Linked Image]..although we all know we already are!<P>We lost a couple it seems, but that stuff happens, growing pains I guess.....but Lordy, Katy bar the door, the new crop is arriving, and looks like some good 'uns too!!!!! [Linked Image]<P>Welcome to all you new folks, and glad you finally found us!!! [Linked Image]<BR>DS

'Slayer
S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
No, are you still defending the .270 against all comers, or was that just your sctick at shooters?

[Linked Image]
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Slamfire, -- Still at it, the 270 Winchester caliber is still king for everything in this country BUT as of late the 7-08 is coming on strong. We have proved the 270 over many years in the fields, it will take awhile to see what the up-start 7-08 will actually do to game under hunting situations. Where have you been so long. -- no

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
no, I'll second your welcome to the new members, but not on the .270. [img]images/icons/laugh.gif" border="0[/img] Every .270 I ever saw wanted to be a .30-06 when it grew up! [img]images/icons/laugh.gif" border="0[/img] <P>Seriously, Welcome all you newbies! Glad you could join us. It's always nice to have new blood and new ideahs.<BR>7mmbuster

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
7mmbuster, -- don'tch know the 270 is the improved version of the 06? [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] -- no

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
no, Somehow my password got screwed up when I changed it. Neither the new one or the assigned one would work. Rick fixed it. <BR>My rifle's smaller than yours, I like the .260, since .250s are hard to find in left handed bolt actions. [img]images/icons/wink.gif" border="0[/img]

[Linked Image]
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
I will have to agree with Need One.<P>My Win. Model 70 XTR Featherweight in .270 has taken it's share of deer, bear, and elk.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
riverswild, -- welcome, you sound like my kind of hunter. I am usually spit on, tromped, kicked, and bad mouthed by several here that think you have to have a cannon to kill anything. [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] Just kidding, when you joke around here put plenty of smiley faces in or go hide behind the couch till things cool down. [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] Yes, the 270 Win is sufficent for any legal game here in thelower states. When you consider EVERYTHING, trajectory,(speed), energy, barrel wear, case life, ease to load, reloading componets, cost of new ammo, availability of ammo everywhere, it's fast enough for varmints, and strong enough for a HUNTER to take anything legal. All manifacturers of firearms chamber for this caliber and it has been proven over 50 years, it's daddy has a great following also but the child does it all with less recoil and weight. [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] JMHO -- no<P>PS never forget to put JMHO, some of these guys kill if you don't! [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] (note the smiley)

P
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
P
I don't feel so bad now. I use a Winchester mod 94 .25/35 to shoot deer and hogs

"nullum gratuitum prandium"
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
popeye, -- bet you don't walk into just any store and buy ammo any more. Does it still come 50 to a box? -- no

P
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
P
You got that right, Dons' Gun Shop here carries it, I'm not sure how many in a box anymore, I bought a lot about 10 yrs ago, and I store it in a big cedar box. Of course 50 will fit in a matchbox. My Dad bought this weapon on Jan. 6, 1944 the day I was born. I still have the receipt. He wanted to get me a .30/30, but they were all sold out.I have other weapons, but South Texas deer are small, and most shots inside 100 yds. Hell, it's a sentimental thing. Same day he got me an Ithica mod 37 pump. I have 14 shotguns, uo and sxs, 6 rifles up to 45/70 cal. but you know how it is.Hope you're doin' ok. Enjoy this site.

"nullum gratuitum prandium"

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

611 members (06hunter59, 10ring1, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 117LBS, 10gaugemag, 73 invisible), 3,039 guests, and 1,214 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,440
Posts18,528,673
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.