Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
bea175 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
VANCOUVER, Wash. - A team of scientists is in town, helping the Seattle FBI do something it hasn't been able to do on its own. They're trying to find new evidence that will lead to one of the Northwest's most notorious fugitives.

Tom Kaye's casting with cash, which tells you this is ordinary fisherman on the banks of the Columbia River.

Weird science - that's probably the better way to describe the fishing expedition that's going on this week near Vancouver.

Kaye is hoping his experiment can help reel in one of the biggest catches of all: the Northwest skyjacker known only as D.B. Cooper.

"It remains the only unsolved hijacking in U.S. history," said Kaye.

Kaye is a member of a scientific team that is in Washington state this week helping the FBI unearth new leads in the 38-year old cold case. The hijacker, an armed passenger calling himself Dan Cooper, demanded parachutes and ransom before his airliner left SeaTac Airport.

Nearly nine years after his daring jump, a family on an outing found some of the ransom money along the Columbia. Kaye, a paleontologist who normally digs up dinosaur bones, said his experiment may tell him if the money floated ashore or was planted there.

"What happens to bones and how they get preserved is the same question we ask about the money: How did it get buried and how did it get preserved?" said Kaye.

The scientists will examine more evidence, like the necktie Cooper left on the plane, at the Seattle FBI later this week.

The Cooper researchers say they've already de-bunked some myths about the Cooper case, but they won't go public with specifics until their research is complete, likely in the fall.

The scientists are volunteering their time to the case and are paying their own expenses.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
"The scientists are volunteering their time to the case and are paying their own expenses."

See how long this lasts. smile

bea175 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
They could be Republicans and will pay their own way.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by bea175
They could be Republicans and will pay their own way.

Well, I might change "Republicans" to "Conservatives", but I agree with the sentiment. Unfortunately the two aren't as synonymous as they used to be.

tq

No arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women. - Ronald Reagan
S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
The FBI has probably spent more on the investigation than was originally stolen by DB Cooper.

Sometimes nothing is a pretty cool hand.
Cool Hand Luke
IC B2

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I believe that "Cooper" died in the jump. A night jump with no protective clothing into mountainous timbered country is not a recipe for succcess. On the other hand, if did live and kept the money, it has not shown up in banking channels.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
As djs says, it's never shown up in circulation...So if he didn't die, he went to a hell of a lot of trouble for nothing given that he never spent a dime of it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No doubt about it, he died in the jump and they just haven't recovered the body...case closed if you ask me. Why are we spending money on this?

B
BMT Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by KevinGibson
Why are we spending money on this?

No Body.

When they find a body, it will be closed.

Until then, its a fun diversion.

BMT

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
bea175 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
If i was a betting man, i would say he ended up as a Bear Turd

IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
He was given a bag without a zipper and he lost the money in the jump. He escaped and tried the whole thing again correcting the mistakes he made the first time, was arrested and convicted on the second case. He went to jail escaped and will killed in NV if I remember right. Done deal.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Because it's America and we just have money to piss away. Ask Obama.

NRA Lifetime Member
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 17ACKLEYBEE

Because it's America and we just have money to piss away. Ask Obama.

Rollin' here, 17.
laugh

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

579 members (12344mag, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 21, 17CalFan, 1234, 63 invisible), 1,988 guests, and 1,112 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,466
Posts18,508,335
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.