Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
mtgoat Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I just learned from reading a post in another thread that Pat has been very ill. From what I read according to JJ, he had talked to Pat who aparently had a "near death experience" but is getting better. In case some folks don't know E4E is one of the oldest regulars and real good guy up in Michigan who is also a real good gunsmith. He regularly goes out of his way to help folks on here. Pat I sure hope you get better soon and have missed you.<P>BTW your probably the only one who understands my signiture line.

Walk softly and carry a big stick. Prefferably one that shoots big bullets.
GB1

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
MtGoat: I'd like to second your thoughts, Pat (E4E) is one of the mainstays around here, and very generous with his knowledge. JJ didn't mention what had happened, but maybe he could hop in here and pass on the information. Pat get well soon.<P>Phil<P>P/S, Maybe someone could put together an E-Card, we all could sign and pass on to Pat.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm am really distressed to hear about Pat, I sure hope he recovers rapidly and can get back to being our resident guru on some many topics. LOL<P>Get well soon, buddy.

"When we put [our enlisted men and women] in harm's way, it had better count for something. It can't be because some policy wonk back here has a brain fart of an idea of a strategy that isn't thought out." General Zinni on Iraq

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
He sent me a message,last week. He says he is doing better,but not yet up to speed. It was a combo of several things,much of it just plain bad luck.<P>I was quizzing him on a possible rifle purchase (CETME HK G3 clone)and as per usual he replied in his knowledgable fashion. He is a GREAT aid and a source of very good NO BS info.<P>Due to the recent bout with his health,computer troubles and a heavy work load,he hasn't much time to yack. I was under the impression that things will soon get better for him,on all accounts and he may then find more time to post. <P>Let's hope so.........

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E4E - Get well soon, Michigan can't afford to loose it's good folk. Think of winning the elk lotto and nailing that big bull, that should help make you feel better.

IC B2

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Echo-4-Echo---Sorry to hear of your experiance, and I hope ya get better real soon. Everyone misses you here and are pulling for ya Pat. bcat

If you aint the lead dog the scenery never changes [img]http://www.hunttalk.com/icon/bcatrunningcat.gif.com/boykin][/img] <BR><A HREF="http://www.huntandlodge.com/Boykin/outfitter.html" TARGET=_blank>Boykin's Hunting <B>Homepage</B> </A>
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
E4E, Haven't talked to you much on the board but do appreciate all you give.<BR>Get better soon, and come for a visit to the board more and just RELAX [img]images/icons/laugh.gif" border="0[/img]

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E4E, hope you'll be feeling better soon. You'll be in our prayers. <BR>7mmbuster

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
To the Board,<BR>I will pass on to E4E all of the nice comments. We pretty much grew up together and are like brothers. I live about ten miles from him and if I'm not out there shooting on his range, then we are keeping in touch on the phone. <BR>To fill you guys in on what happened, we both work security at the local Nuke plant.<BR>Part of the job requirements is you have to be Fire brigade qualified. Every year we have to go to Sarnia, Canada to a Fire School to stay current on fire fighting. This was his first year going up there. After the first day of school, they hit the town for some chow and a few cold ones. So he is walking back to the hotel with a couple of other guys and he starts to get real dizzy and short of breath. A couple of minutes later BAM! he hits the deck. So they call the meat wagon and take him to the hospital. Not long after he gets there, he flatlines right there on the table. Well, they brought him back and got him stabilized and pumped him full of drugs. Turns out that he went into anaphilactic shock. I guess he ate something that did'nt agree with him. About four hours later, they kicked him loose and he went back to the hotel none the worse for wear. He finished the school and is doing fine. He now carries a little syringe with some dope in it in case this happens again. So now he is just dealing with his sinus infections and allergies. Some times I wonder how he can even get out in the woods and hunt! <BR>He has'nt been able to post any messages or e-mail because his computer is on the fritz. Tex is working feverishly to try and get him up and running again, but not sure when this will be. He said that he will check in when he gets it fixed. Thanks again for the nice comments. I will let him know.<BR>Keeb

Don't criticize someone until you have walked a mile in their shoes. That way, your a mile away and you have their shoes.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Thanks for the post on Pat, the guy's one of the best here. His knowledge has set me straight a few times.<BR>I'm glad he didn't "make the journey", and as a Shamen, I'll burn a few herbs, dance and chant a song of health, and toss the bones. (ie I'll go smoke something, be happy, and fall down passed out! [img]images/icons/laugh.gif" border="0[/img] ) ~~~Suluuq The Shamen

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have seen that shock thing happen from a wasp sting. Pat was real lucky he wasn't by him self. Pass on the Ranger's best wishes too. Always enjoy his posts. That boy has good sense.<BR>BCR

Quando Omni Moritati
E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
WOW ! I sure glad to hear Pat's going to be OK. He's a great guy, and an asset to the forums. Hang in there, Pat ! E

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Keeb:<P>Please expend maximum effort and try to find out exactly what caused that reaction in Pat. There are a couple of people I want to buy a meal for. LOL

"When we put [our enlisted men and women] in harm's way, it had better count for something. It can't be because some policy wonk back here has a brain fart of an idea of a strategy that isn't thought out." General Zinni on Iraq

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
IIFID,<BR>Near as we can tell, it was some sort of innee food. Ya know, Linguinni, Mostacholli,Spagetti, etc. Seems the restraunt they went in had a definate "La Familia" air to the place. I was wondering if they did'nt mix up his order with someone they wanted to make have an "accident". Anyway, Italked to him about a half an hour ago and he said he appreciated the thoughts and will post again as soon as he is able too.<BR>Keeb

Don't criticize someone until you have walked a mile in their shoes. That way, your a mile away and you have their shoes.
mtgoat Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Keeb<P>Thanks for the updates. It's great to hear Pat is OK but really makes one wonder what happened, unless he has developed a new alergy.

Walk softly and carry a big stick. Prefferably one that shoots big bullets.
757 Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I'm glad to hear Pats doing good. Tomorrow's promised to no one! Make everyday count my friends! 757

Pursue Perfection

Capture Excellence
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Glad to hear Pat is ok. A couple of weeks ago I was thinking about him and said a prayer for him. Have no idea if that was before or after this incident. But, I do say a prayer from time to time for various members of this board. Glad to know he is ok. It would be a good idea to find out exactly what caused this reaction in order to avoid it in the future.<P>Hope to hear from him soon.<P>Mark.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Pat, I'm thinking of and praying for you.<P>Talus

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Great to hear Pat is mending. He needs to quit eating that pufferfish sushi and start removing the head off of the rattlesnake before consuming! Get well soon buddy so you can come down to Nashville for a dish of bumbleees and peanuts! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/laugh.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/crazy.gif" border="0[/img]

Shoot straight and often!
L
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
L
Bummer E4E, I had something like that happen to me. I love shrimp, big ones, little ones, fried ones, steamed ones.................. But I became alergic to shrimp, darn near killed me. I ate a bunch fired up in garlic and butter, I though the spices on the steamed ones where getting my eyes to scratching. With in an 1/2 hour I was getting hives and passing out. Thank God a friend got me to the ER. Hang in there Bro.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

628 members (1badf350, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 10Glocks, 160user, 06hunter59, 66 invisible), 2,801 guests, and 1,296 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,414
Posts18,528,194
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.