Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
A
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
A
I thought this forum might be the best place to give someone and opertunity for a real once in a lifetime inexpensive Cape Buffalo hunt. I won't advertise them anywhere else for awhile.

I was contacted this morning by a safari company that has two problem buffalo in RSA that needed shooting as soon as possible...

7 days and one buffalo $7500 all inclusive..except tips that are optional and air to RSA. Thats the best price I have seen in a decade or so.

The bulls are aggressive. One bull is about 37 inches and the other is about 36 with bosses that are just a little soft, but they are nice looking bulls..I will be receiving further details so if anyone is interested contact me at my email address...

GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I'd buy them both to set loose here in town to run amok. If only there was a way to get them here!

"This duty fell upon me and was the worst job I ever had in my life.
I have known men I would rather shoot than the worst of dogs."

Frank Wild
Second in Command
Endurance 1914-1916
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This is a FANTASTIC price and opportunity! Thanks for putting them here. I am sure someone will snag one of these hunts.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
A
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
A
These buffalo (about 40) are in a very thick brushy area of about 3000 acres normally, but they are tearing down the fences and getting out every night into a very large area, and I suppose they put them back in with a helicopter every day or so..

These two bulls are the culprits of the herd and they are very aggressive..This is not a particularly easy hunt btw...

I love this kind of buffalo hunt. It can be real exciting and it's not for sissies! smile

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Can they be drop-shipped unshot to the White House?? If so I'll be glad to donate to the kitty.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
IC B2

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
How about 750 raffle tickets at $10.each For one of the hunts. I know I would buy a couple. Can you handle a guy in a wheelchair, I got a 375 Rum would like the thrill of up close and blody again.

Last edited by wildcatshooterlongrange; 03/06/09.

No matter how good a rifle looks if it shoots over 1 inch groups its ugly.
A
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
A
I could comment some funny replies, but had better not, I have a habit of being politically incorrect..:) smile

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I like the raffle idea! laugh wink Make it worth your while...do 450 tickets @ $20.00 ea for one of them.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

A
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
A
Last time I did that, I had to eat left overs for a year! smile

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I vote for a drop ship to congress....both of them (in case the first one doen't do the trick..

BTW, I'd buy a raffle ticket for $20.....

Paypal....

Tony

IC B3

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
My hunting buddy is looking for a buffalo hunt. I am sending you a PM so he can be contacted. Thanks.

Life Members SCI & NRA. NRA Instructor & RSO. What have YOU done to support hunting & gun rights?
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
A raffle would be fun, but a lot of potential for loss, even of the resident aafrica-loonies (apologies to JB for poaching his term) all ponied up.

Someone's gonna get wicked lucky!

"This duty fell upon me and was the worst job I ever had in my life.
I have known men I would rather shoot than the worst of dogs."

Frank Wild
Second in Command
Endurance 1914-1916
A
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
A
Thanks tbear, I think we talked today so it looks like one bull down and one to go...

A
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
A
Thanks tbear, I think we talked today so it looks like one bull down and one to go, which really worked out well on my end as he is wanting a good plainsgame hunt with his buff hunt..Wish I was going with him on the buffalo hunt. I like hunting these aggressive bulls, adds a lot to the hunt and thats why we choose to hunt dangerous game is it not?

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Hal was sick with the flu but enjoyed talking with you. I am 98% certain he will purchase a buffalo & plains game hunt from you in the next day or so. Thanks for posting. Just wish circumstances were different & I could be going along.

Life Members SCI & NRA. NRA Instructor & RSO. What have YOU done to support hunting & gun rights?
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by atkinson
These buffalo (about 40) are in a very thick brushy area of about 3000 acres normally, but they are tearing down the fences and getting out every night into a very large area, and I suppose they put them back in with a helicopter every day or so..

There's just something wrong about this, on a few different levels.

That's one of my big problems with Africa. I can't get excited about the prospect of "buying" a particular animal, in a fence, and especially one that is herded back daily by helicopter until somebody sitting halfway around the world ponies up the money to kill it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
i dont think its quite like that......animals like these dont become a problem without making themselves well known to anyone in the area, which means its generally fairly straight forward and relatively easy to find and get the problem animal other wise they wouldnt be much of a problem......think its kinda odd though if they are causing issues why dont yah just put them down at the first available opportunity rather than waiting on someone to buy the hunt andfly over there and than track the animal down.....guess my idea of problem animals isnt the same as others....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by rattler
.....think its kinda odd though if they are causing issues why dont yah just put them down at the first available opportunity rather than waiting on someone to buy the hunt andfly over there and than track the animal down.....

That's along the lines of what I'm saying.

If it's a true "problem", there are more immediate ways to address it.

If on the other hand, it's a way to stroke somebody's ego ("I killed a MANKILLER, and he was getting ready to eat ME!"), with enough money, that's where my problem is.

It certainly ain't hunting. It's buying a pre-located animal, with no chance of survival, and gunning it down as soon as you write the check. It was said above that this hunt isn't for sissies, or something like that. I think the opposite.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

It certainly ain't hunting. It's buying a pre-located animal, with no chance of survival, and gunning it down as soon as you write the check. It was said above that this hunt isn't for sissies, or something like that. I think the opposite.

actually dont have a problem with this.......i can sed yah pictures of some critters and can pretty well be near 100% sure your going to get them.....the critters arent penned, hell arent even intentionally fed but i know the habits of the individual well enough that i can shoot them pretty well anytime i wish if i cared to......the list includes everything from some deer to a couple rabbits to a few foxes and badgers.....if yah got time and access it aint hard to pattern alot of animals....and its generally a pattern of specific behavior that makes a problem animal.....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I can do that too, but doubt that anybody is going to fly halfway around the world, pay me many thousands of dollars to come kill them, and then brag to all of their buddies about how brave they are. blush

Besides, they still have a chance to move on somewhere else, without me herding them back to their pen with a freaking helicopter! crazy

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

190 members (10gaugemag, 300_savage, 308xray, 1minute, 260Remguy, 264mag, 25 invisible), 2,119 guests, and 1,155 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,116
Posts18,483,457
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.