Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Where have you found upper components? barrel etc.......
I have only found in stock Noveske uppers with no bolt or carrier on SGCUSA.

GB1

Ivan Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Ivan
Originally Posted by TWR
First let me caution you to check out the CA laws first, I was under the impression a collapsible stock was illegal there. Don't live there so I don't keep up but still...

Thank you. I will, indeed, double check the laws. I will say, however, that the complete CA legal AR's that they sell (the ones with sealed mag wells that have to be taken apart to load every 10 rounds) do in fact come with adjustable stocks.

I've looked at a number of online resources and they letter of the law seems to indicate that if the weapon is built upon an OLL, and the magazine is non-detachable, and limited to 10 rounds, then it can indeed have all the "evil" features such as adjustable stock, bayonet lug, pistol grip, etc. The definition of non-detachable means it can't be removed with out a tool (such as a bullet, for example).

Last edited by Ivan; 03/10/09.

"Pick up a rifle and you change instantly from a subject to a citizen." - Jeff Cooper
Ivan Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by TheWarrior

I've got to go, but I'll post some links when I get home.

smile

"Pick up a rifle and you change instantly from a subject to a citizen." - Jeff Cooper
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
A good barrel is purchased from a good barrel company. My prefered AR barrel company is Krieger; Shilen is another good one and so is Scheinder and many others. I prefer Krieger.

Visit these companies websites and learn about their products. You have a lot of questions, young Skywalker but you must learn patience. And you really want to get out of Kalifornia while you still can. (I'm only half kidding.)

Ivan Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular

I've got to go, but I'll post some links when I get home.

smile

http://www.mapartsinc.com/products.asp?catId=69

http://www.parts4ar15.com/ar-15_accessories/category/AR-15_Uppers.html

http://blackrifleworks.com/upper-receivers-c-49.html?osCsid=2340bdaae77617938fb909f6481c80b8

here's three sites I found on google - none of which have the dreaded OUT OF STOCK stamp on 'em

Have a nice night!

IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
From whats in stock at those sights youll still need a barrel.

M
M
ivan
id have to agree with twr
check all laws on an ar15 in your state
your states laws SUCK!!!!
alot of dealers wont even ship to california because the laws are so blah, blah, blah!!!

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
My take on the law and don't take my word on it but anyway, you can have 2 evil features. Those are a pistol grip, threaded barrel for flash hider, detachable mag, bayonet lug and a collapsable stock.

So you have the pistol grip and you could have the collapsable stock with the addition of the bullet button but a flash hider or other feature was prohibited. I'd check on calguns.com or some place to be sure. It might help in your decision on your upper.

Again, I don't know the laws just trying to help, I hope you can have everything.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
What do you guys think of Stag uppers?

This place purports to have them and advises a 20-25 week waiting period:

http://ar15sa.fatcow.com/store/page2.html

The price seems right to.

Stay away from STAG, they have a terrible reputation. Is that fair? I don't know. I bought a stripped lower and had not one problem. I sold it quickly when I heard about the piss poor reported on AR-15.com. Weather this is fair or not, I'm not sticking my neck out, and have a hard time selling down the road.

Thus saith thr lord; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeh from the lord. Jeremiah 17:5 KJV
Ivan Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
From whats in stock at those sights youll still need a barrel.

correct - there are other sites (that I didn't post) that appear to have barrels available for sale

IC B3

Ivan Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular

Ivan Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular

M
M
sent you a pm ivan

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
CA DOJ review; "With a few dollars� in parts, a non-Kasler, �off-list� AR-type receiver can be modified to have a fixed 10-round magazine, allowing a pistol grip and/or collapsing stock and/or flash hider to be attached yet still be California-legal � but still, within a minute or two�s worth of work with a screwdriver, be rendered into a true AR-class firearm while in a free state outside California."

Cool, looks like your good to go!

Ivan Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
smile

Ivan Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Hallelujah! I'm sitting here admiring my brand new RRA 16" flattop complete upper. A nice guy named Monte2024, who's kinda new here at the fire, turned me on to this spectacular site called elitedealseeker.com wherein I was able to hook up with a cool guy not too far away who just happened to have what I was looking for. Now I'm a very happy camper.

Bullet Button has already arived. UPS tracking shows my Tapco stock should be arriving next Tuesday and the waiting period on the S&W stripped lower lapses on Wednesday. I have an RRA lower parts kit on order, but they have no bloomin' idea when that will ship. There's a gun show next weekend that I might go to (I've never been to one) and see if they any LPK's available. I've seen some LPK's selling online for as much as $105... Monte states they used to go for $40! What is the most that you guys think one should pay for one? Mind you, this is the last component I need to put my 1st A/R together.

Last edited by Ivan; 03/14/09.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
What is the most that you guys think one should pay for one? Mind you, this is the last component I need to put my 1st A/R together.
I gave around $55.00 for my last RRA LPK. If I had a build and that's all it was needing, I guess I'd pay what I had to. Not much else you can do.

Check Bravo Company and see if they have any. Those are squared away guys and not scalpers. Let us know what you find.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Ivan Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Today I picked up a NIB DPMS LPK for 89.99 + tax at a shop in Cerritos. UPS delivered my stock & buffer stuff as scheduled, and I get to pick up my stripped OLL tomorrow night!

This book I bought suggests I use a lower receiver vice block and vice to assemble the lower... don't have either...

Last edited by Ivan; 03/17/09.

Ivan Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Brought home my OLL last night. Turns out my DPMS LPK is missing both the trigger guard and the bolt catch roll pin. Plus the pivot and take down pins don't fit (too large) in either the upper or lower rcvr...

Last edited by Ivan; 03/19/09.

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Was it in the factory packaging?

Sounds like their QC is getting better all the time.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

128 members (345dl, alwaysoutdoors, 44mc, 300Sav, 35, 7887mm08, 10 invisible), 1,492 guests, and 879 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,979
Posts18,499,557
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.