Hop To
Page 146 of 1,842 1 2 144 145 146 147 148 1841 1842
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I hear ya, hang in there cRAig.

we got some 40's coming our way next week (that's above the zero man)

ABOVE THE ZERO!!!

grin

Something clever here.

GB1

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
ND, I apologize. I never mean't to bring you down...<grin>.

As atonement, here's my offer to you. If you can get out of northern Minn and make it to PA, I'll put you up in my cabin, complete with electric lights and running water; supply boat, bait, food and beverage and take you fishing on the lake for a few days. Yellow Perch are active, crappie are moving shallow, smallies are hungry and the landlocked stripers will be putting on the feed bag as soon as the water temp hits the mid-40's.

LIFE IS GOOOOOOOD!!!

Ron

P.S. Spring gobbler season begins the end of April and runs one whole month. Turks are as plentiful as squirrels up there.

NRA Endowment member and proud of it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by RaystownRon

As atonement, here's my offer to you. If you can get out of northern Minn and make it to PA, I'll put you up in my cabin, complete with electric lights and running water; supply boat, bait, food and beverage and take you fishing on the lake for a few days.

That's not a cabin...thats a house. grin

70, I think I remember what that feels like, not sure anymore.

We're scheduled for mid to upper 40's from saturday on through the rest of the week. I'm bringing the boat home on Sunday, and should be able to launch that sucker the following week.

I need to do some spring cleaning on it and put in a new starter. The real reason it's coming home is a guy and his old lady are coming to look at it, to buy it.

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Anybody hear from Rooster tonight...did he finally get blown. I mean...did he finish blowing...er, is his driveway clear yet?

grin

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Tzone, the answers to your 3-part question regarding Rooster's driveway are: finally; hopefully; used to be. Let'er blow (the wind, that is).

Ron

NRA Endowment member and proud of it.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I tried to give you the benefit of the doubt.

You are a meaner!

27 below freaking zero right now. Give me a gun. I gotta go blow holes in something.

Craig

Wood is Good.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
-4 here. After today it is supposed to warm up beautifully.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by 4_S_ter
I tried to give you the benefit of the doubt.

You are a meaner!

27 below freaking zero right now. Give me a gun. I gotta go blow holes in something.

Craig

I think we need to have Al Gore spend some time shoveling you guys out so he gets to see Global Warming at it's finest!

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
not even sure if the gunpowder will light at this temp Craig.

Something clever here.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by RaystownRon

As atonement, here's my offer to you. If you can get out of northern Minn and make it to PA, I'll put you up in my cabin, complete with electric lights and running water; supply boat, bait, food and beverage and take you fishing on the lake for a few days. Yellow Perch are active, crappie are moving shallow, smallies are hungry and the landlocked stripers will be putting on the feed bag as soon as the water temp hits the mid-40's.

LIFE IS GOOOOOOOD!!!

Ron

P.S. Spring gobbler season begins the end of April and runs one whole month. Turks are as plentiful as squirrels up there.

Ron, that sounds awesome, if only i could get away.

Something clever here.

IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Well I made it back to work finally! We were shut down for two days.

Dave - Is there anyway you can upload that pic I sent you and show the fellas what kind of snow we are dealing with?

Craig - Hang in there bro. Its got to get better....right??

T-Zone - Fishing in a boat sounds unheard of right now.

Ray - Bite me.

grin

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
The channel in the river was open on the way to work today...She'll be clear in a week.

I won't launch if there are big ice chunks still floating down the river. They're too hard to see at 50mph.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Rooster, glad to hear you finally tunneled out. Only 10 above right now. They're saying we might see 50 by next Wednesday.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Berettaman
I thought it was UND that made it into the tourney..? Either way, that is cool. Now if the Gophs sneak in, we can have 2 teams to cheer for.

It was NDSU that made it to the big dance. Their first year of eligibility too! Thats amazing!

I may be mistaken but I don't think UND is eligible for D1 basketball post season yet.

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Only -13 at my house lasssst nnnnnitttttte. Still kkkkkkinda shhhhhivering though. My calendar says its March. Which one of you donks snuck into my office and violated my calendar? No way it is March. This is January. Only 3 months more of winter to go, yippee!

My boys turn 1 on Monday. Man, what a quick year. On the other hand....finally they are 1! They are sleeping better; they only get up 2-3 times per nite. each. They are terrors on the move now that they crawl. You should see them squeal and take off for the dog's water dish. Funniest thing you will ever see. Legs pumping, arms trying to keep up and succeeding only half the time, face down on the floor, up again and squealing for the dish again. Life is good (inside the house).

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Thanks Griz! Were supposed to see a turn around in temps too. I never heard how cold it got last night but they were predicting
-20*.

On another note: I got my ND archery mule deer license in the mail the other day! WOO HOOO!!

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by tzone
The channel in the river was open on the way to work today...She'll be clear in a week.

I won't launch if there are big ice chunks still floating down the river. They're too hard to see at 50mph.

Tough on props too!

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Originally Posted by tzone

Tough on props too!

It's the holes in the bottom of the boat that concerns me most. blush

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Twin boys...ooff! I have one crazy little guy, and he's all I can handle. His sister is a little angel, so I guess I figured it was coming. laugh

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I got the angel too! She is almost 5 and we are going to the sportshow tomorrow together. I cant tell who is more excited, her or me (and I have been there many times). Experiencing it through a child's eyes is something to behold.

Look out trout....here comes Lauren!

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
Page 146 of 1,842 1 2 144 145 146 147 148 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

540 members (10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 1Akshooter, 222Sako, 01Foreman400, 21, 53 invisible), 2,418 guests, and 1,191 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,455
Posts18,489,729
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.