Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T

Just stopped by my local Sportsman's Warehouse to pick up some stuff and see the "store closing" sign out front. Seems some Canadian bought most of the company and has decided to close most of the stores south of the Mason Dixon Line according to the manager of the gun department. He did say that one in Florida was going to stay open, Albuquerque and one or two others. For now camo clothes is 30% off. Most stuff if 10%. Guns and ammo are regular price. Dam shame they beat Cabelas and Bass Pro all to hell and back. Usually had a good supply of just about anything you needed. Figured I'd pass it on here in case some of ya'll are in a town where one might be shutting down and aren't aware of it.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Their website has a list of the stores that are closing.

Y
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Y
Guy working at the Casper, WY Sportsman's Warehouse, which is closing, claims they were bought out by Dick's Sporting Goods.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Why buy them and then start shutting them down?

A
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
A
Their website doesn't have the Alaska stores on either the closing or sold list?

IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
This is direct from the UFA website - I do not have any information other than this.

drover

UFA has acquired 15 Sportsman�s Warehouse locations across the US Northwest

Calgary, March 11 � UFA Co-operative Limited has successfully acquired 15 Sportsman�s Warehouse locations across the US Northwest.

Sportsman's Warehouse is a US retailer with more than 60 locations. In November UFA announced its intention to acquire a majority interest in Sportsman's Warehouse. The announcement was followed by a comprehensive due diligence process, which has concluded. Based on the outcome of that process and the continuing deterioration of the North American economy, UFA has decided not to pursue the acquisition under the original terms. Instead, and in exchange for its original secured loan, UFA will take possession of 15 Sportsman's Warehouse locations.

�UFA is advancing a deliberate and controlled diversification strategy," says Dallas Thorsteinson, UFA president and CEO. "The specific Sportsman's Warehouse locations we have acquired fit perfectly with our outdoor-adventure marketing and long-term financial strategies."

In 2008, UFA acquired Wholesale Sports, one of Canada's leading outdoor outfitters. Wholesale Sports has seven locations from Winnipeg to Kamloops. The newly acquired Sportsman's Warehouse locations will operate as part of UFA's outdoor adventure division.

The locations are:

Bend, OR
Bozeman, MT
Burlington, WA
Coeur d�Alene, ID
Fargo, ND
Federal Way, WA
Helena, MT
Kennewick, WA
Lacey, WA
Missoula, MT
Portland, OR
Salem, OR
Silverdale, WA
Spokane, WA
Vancouver, WA

�We cannot predict the future for Sportsman's Warehouse," says Thorsteinson, "but we are certain the acquisition of these specific locations is good news for the growth and sustainability of UFA."

About UFA Co-operative Limited

UFA Co-operative Limited is one of Alberta�s most dynamic enterprises. Canada�s largest re-seller of diesel products serves rural communities throughout Alberta, B.C. and Saskatchewan with a construction division and an unmatched network of retail stores and petroleum outlets. With more than $2 billion in annual revenues and 120,000 active members, UFA is one of Canada�s most successful co-operatives.

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
UFA fromn Canada bought about 15 locations in the NW USA and will rename them. Current owner is closing about 20-25 stores in Midwest and Eastern USA and retaining the balance as Sportsmans Warehouse. Original deal by UFA to purchase company announced last fall didn't happen as originally planned.

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Hate to see the one near me in Roanoke, VA is closing.

"Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I just came from my Kennewick WA Sportsmans warehouse and was told I could not use my gift cards or in store credits there anymore. frown It looks like I had better do some on line shopping, and in a big hurry!

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
THAT GIFT CARD IS GOOD TILL SUNDAY MARCH 15TH!!

Also, of the 23 stores that are being shut down, Sportsmans/Utah
will be filing chapter 11 on them, then re-opening 5 of them.
Don't know which ones though.

Rumor has it they may end up filing chapter 11 on the rest of the Utah bunch.

The Canadian company is a billion dollar company and they want to to do things right.
You can expect to see the 15 stores they own to start stocking up as quick as they can.

If you work for the Canadian company you will be in good shape.
If you work for Utah, good luck.

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

82 members (6mmbrfan, 16penny, 10gaugemag, 17 invisible), 1,590 guests, and 780 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,760
Posts18,514,966
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.