Hop To
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
L
Lee24 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Bringing this over from the .357 in WWII thread...

John Dillinger's Thompson submachine gun and hat, from Melvin Purvis
[Linked Image]

John Dillinger's Colt .32 ACP, from Melvin Purvis
[Linked Image]

GB1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Yeah, sure. Obviously photoshopped. laugh

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
L
Lee24 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
I have no idea what that remark is supposed to mean, but I will post some more and better photos of some other guns of Clyde Barrow and Pretty Boy Floyd. When I get time, I will pull them from the case and take better photos.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I had at one time a step-father who claimed his step mother was one of Pretty Boy Floyd's girfriends that used to hid him out from time to time. Given the family history, I actually tend to believe the guy...they had a long history of criminial activity.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Lee24
I have no idea what that remark is supposed to mean, but I will post some more and better photos of some other guns of Clyde Barrow and Pretty Boy Floyd. When I get time, I will pull them from the case and take better photos.
Sorry you misunderstood. It was a joke. Nice collection.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
IC B2

L
Lee24 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
I wasn't taking offense.
I figured it was intended as a joke of some sort, probably referring to some of the nut jobs who have claimed other photographs were faked, if said photos were evidence of their ignorance.

These guns above belong to a friend of mine. He and I used know the Purvis family. He knew Melvin, and I knew one of the sons. That book in the background, "Vendetta", is by another son, Alston Purvis. It is about how J. Edgar Hoover was eaten up with jealousy of Purvis, Elliot Ness and some Texas Rangers who were wiping out the gangsters.

I first learned to shoot a revolver from one of these fellows, a Pinkerton detective who killed several bank robbers. My next lessons came from Jeff Cooper, on the 1911A1, who introduced me to Bill Jordan and a few other old-time lawmen.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Great pictures and some very interesting information.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I wasn't taking offense.
I figured it was intended as a joke of some sort, probably referring to some of the nut jobs who have claimed other photographs were faked, if said photos were evidence of their ignorance.

These guns above belong to a friend of mine. He and I used know the Purvis family. He knew Melvin, and I knew one of the sons. That book in the background, "Vendetta", is by another son, Alston Purvis. It is about how J. Edgar Hoover was eaten up with jealousy of Purvis, Elliot Ness and some Texas Rangers who were wiping out the gangsters.

I first learned to shoot a revolver from one of these fellows, a Pinkerton detective who killed several bank robbers. My next lessons came from Jeff Cooper, on the 1911A1, who introduced me to Bill Jordan and a few other old-time lawmen.

Right before you wrote the book "Hell I Was There ..."

*grin*

GE

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Today he would not have to holdup banks.The gubmint does that and gives you the Money!!!!

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
L
Lee24 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
It would be a shame to rob a bank today and only get $17.50.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Keep the pics coming, I love this stuff.

L
Lee24 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
The home in which I grew up is in the middle of a large farm, with no modern buildings in view, and it was selected by a film company for a documentary on Ma Barker, Machinegun Kelly and others.

I will take some more photos and post them.
Some friends have other rifles, too, belonging to Bonnie and Clyde, etc.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Wonder if he held the Thompson sideways when he shot it. smile

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Gaviidae_Esq
I wasn't taking offense.

Right before you wrote the book "Hell I Was There ..."

*grin*

GE

Yeah, I used to shoot with Jeff, Bill and Skeeter, too....back when I was married to my first wife, uh...Morgan Fairchild.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
morgan fairchild was MY wife, you lying scumbag. she was faithful until the end too. so you MUST be a lying jerk steve...

and yes, i think those weapons are authentic. and if i had them in my possession, i'd certainly be posting pics of them on the internet.

knowing full well anyone with 2x more than a smattering of technical knowhow, and there's a whole generation of 'em out there...now can pretty much track your exact location using the 'net, posting stuff like that is personally dangerous. not all of the folks out there are congenial and want to say "hey man, nice gun" to you.

just a thought, and no disrespect intended to anyone save for SteveNO, and he can take it just fine.

-tom

Wag More. Bark Less.
L
Lee24 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Steve_NO,

These weapons all have papers to establish provenance.

These pix I posted are of things in cases inside a concrete room with alarms and a 24 hour armed guard. Some are on loan to a museum. If you are going to be driving through the Southeast, and want to see them, I'll put you on them.

I guess I could post a copy of a letter or book of mine signed by Jeff Cooper, but I am not posting to impress or convince you, just to continue a discussion started about .357s in WWII.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
Yeah, I used to shoot with Jeff, Bill and Skeeter, too....back when I was married to my first wife, uh...Morgan Fairchild.
Whom I've seen NAKED.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
So, how did Jeff, Bill, and Skeeter compare with Morgan in the naked looks department? grin blush

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If she was naked, and all you did was SEE her, I wouldn't be bragging. smile

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RufusG
If she was naked, and all you did was SEE her, I wouldn't be bragging. smile
My wife, Morgan Fairchild, whom I've SLEPT with....

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

60 members (35, 14idaho, 3dtestify, 10gaugemag, 406_SBC, 12 invisible), 1,845 guests, and 796 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,727
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.