I didn't get nuthin back from you stan.

hmm, wonder what happened there??

Something clever here.

GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I guess she went south tzones next on the chopping block.:)

Any woman that can manage a marine is a woman to respect.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
she aint the boss of me.

shocked

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Berettaman
If'n a guy were to buy a boat, he would also need new electronics, rods and reels, a 5th wheel camper so he could pull both at the same time with that Super Duty, a...a....hey, who is that sneaking up on #@aasojdfhabfguwae,,,adsjfl;skad...HELP..@#$$%a;lskdfjas;dlkfj...Really Mrs ND, it was Stan's idea....owei;wOAEIr fhqhio....okay, it was all tzone's idea, really....ajwerwio;a;ruihawreo....ooooOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWoooo. I give up, uncle, UNCLE.... cry grin

Funny you should mention new electronics. They were new last spring.

Man I feel like Donny Baker from the Bob and Tom Show. Nobody wants to buy my boat. laugh

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by northern_dave
she aint the boss of me.

shocked

Dead meat!

IC B2

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
shhhh!! she's coming!!

hide you fools!! run all & hide!!

how's that ranger rigged?

RUN!!

Something clever here.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Dave,I believe it was sent to you at work(if that's what you call it where you hang out).
Was it in relation to the guns I mentioned that I wanted to sell?

Stan

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by northern_dave
shhhh!! she's coming!!

hide you fools!! run all & hide!!

how's that ranger rigged?

RUN!!

If you really want to know, I'll tell ya. If ya don't want to know, I'll tell ya. smile

175 Evinrude Intruder (carb.)
Rangertrail Shallow launch trailer, aluminum wheels (3), new spare,

Minkota Max 74# bow mount.

45" Stainless steel rails in the cockpit, 24" rails on the bow
4 Scotty rod holders mounted on the rails. AM/FM cassette radio, I have no idea if that works or not.

Marine band radio w/ 4' Shakespere antenna

Built in beer holder ... I mean cooler on the bow. In floor rod locker on the bow, not the new style with the tubes,
storage compartment on the bow. Rod buckles port, starboard in the cockpit, and port on the bow.

Aireated bait well, aireated livewell, rear battery storage, 3 new Interstate batteries, two trolling, 1 starting, 3 bank battery charger (minkota I think)

Custom built front casting deck w/ carpet, kinda matches smile.

Lowrance X-28 HD locator (color) at the dash w/ gps and 3000 lakes programed in it, on RAM Mount, spare RAM Mount on dash. Lowrance X-51 on bow, screwed to floor, w/transducer on the bow mount.

3 factory Ranger seats, 1 is not in good shape, 2 are great, 1 factory Ranger bike seat on air ride, moveable post.

factory Ranger travel cover w/ Ranger bag for cover.

Fire extinguisher, lights, all the normal saftey stuff.

New livewell pump, (yesterday)

Maroon in color w/ silver stripes. LOTS of metal flake.

Off the top of my head that is all I can think of. laugh

I can send you pictures if you don't tell Mrs. ND

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Radio no workie...I just checked. The cassette player might, but who the hell has a cassette? grin

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
TZone,

Put the boat in the water and run, RUN it Full out away from any land! I just saw MrsNorthernDave on the news reportedly headed your way and during the interview she said she was out looking for YOU! Dave God help you upon her return home too!!!

laugh laugh laugh

IC B3

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Kiddo update time,

Insurance company and hospital had issues with eachother for awhile and after several phone calls and many emails we aborted the surgery until June3rd. That is the first available date we could get since we had to cancel thesurgery in March due to all ofd this.

No worries meds are doing the job just fine and Thunder is even playing on the local BasketBall team as a starting forward. Her team Finally won the last tournament in a triple overtime, she has the other kids on height by etleast 6 inches to a foot. So its a Blast watching her play as the talent is there too, I was actually crying in joy watching her enjoy playing so much the other night. Was thinking here it is she was supposed to be under the knife and she is playing BBall against a super tough team instead having the time of her life.

All is Good for now and another game is scheduled soon along with Soccer games too. So the new surgery will not interfere with anything as softball is later on, so long as the meds keep on keepin on.. God Always has a plan!

Now back to the regularly scheduled watch TZone and NorthernDave Hide from she who will always Win! wink

C
C
It took me a couple hours but I have gone through all 169 pages of this thread!

Best thread ever! It epitomizes everything that is great about this sport, family, friends, the great outdoors and great stories

Ut sementem feceris ita metes
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
So it took me about 5 hours to get through this whole thread. Amazing how a story about a patch of woods became a place we can all identify with somehow, your camp story turned into a bunch of first deer stories, a coming of age story not just for the "boy" but the whole family, plus family photo albums and daily updates. Seems your stories have really struck a nerve with a lot of us.
As a gypsy by occupation for several years (wildlife biologist), and growing up in a non hunting family, I've never had one place to call my own. But I've been part of many "camps", seen many firsts taken(plus my own of course), been a brief part of many interesting piece-of-woods-turned-deer-camps, but rarely had the chance to return to one.
I'm not even sure what else I can add that hasn't already been said. I would have loved to have had something like that when I was a kid, and I hope to be able to provide something like that for whatever offspring/nephews/godchildren/friend's kids, etcetera.
Your family life, and love for all things outdoorsy is an inspiration to many of us.
Thanks.

"For some unfortunates, poisoned by city sidewalks ... the horn of the hunter never winds at all" Robert Ruark, The Horn of the Hunter

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Cicero,
There are over 300 pages,not 169.

Stan

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Cicero and Exbiologist,
Bless your hearts for reading threw the thread, although quite lengthy, it has a lot of fun, appreciation for the outdoors, family time and experiences. Thanks for being a part of it and posting...stick around. Love to see new people, hear their stories, advice and just have you be a part of this wonderment we call the camp. All welcome!

Now...Stan, what is this I hear about guns for sale??? And your telling ND? Oh my. Glad your doing well though. I can't be too mad at you but as for the other guys.

Tzone, Berettaman, G Bill, geez the list of names could go on and on...have you guys lost your minds...what are you doing baiting ND with yet another purchase. A boat? Although I have to admit that I too love to fish and did read over your 'ad' tzone, but you lost my interest when I heard the radio didn't work. Sorry. grin

"I'm not crying!!"
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Welcome cicero, and also exbio. exbiologist and I have already shared dialog. I received a very educated & insightful PM from him with helpful advice on the topic of Colorado hunt zones. Amazing to me that both of you have endured the lengthy thread but I am very happy that it was an enjoyable read.

Stan, I still have nothing from you, I�ll try sending you another e-mail. Also, Cicero�s settings may be set up to read a greater number of posts per page. It also shows up as 300 some pages on my PC but I know some are set up to view larger pages.

Tzone, I think I have a radio laying around someplace�..

Something clever here.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by tzone
Radio no workie...I just checked. The cassette player might, but who the hell has a cassette? grin

I've got some cassettes you can have. Hell! I might even be able to come up with some 8 Tracks.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
C'mon man get the romance going and go with vinyl. Some moonlight on the river, champagne in the on board cooler, the waves gently rocking, and Dave reeling in another wallygator.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
my plow truck has an 8 track in it.

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by wabo
TZone,

Put the boat in the water and run, RUN it Full out away from any land! I just saw MrsNorthernDave on the news reportedly headed your way and during the interview she said she was out looking for YOU! Dave God help you upon her return home too!!!

laugh laugh laugh

Well if she gets here while the river is open, I'll take her fishing. laugh

Page 152 of 1,842 1 2 150 151 152 153 154 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

556 members (1234, 160user, 219 Wasp, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 1Akshooter, 60 invisible), 2,439 guests, and 1,200 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,459
Posts18,489,777
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.