Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
do not let the subject fool you i do say the pledge of allegiance but a couple of days ago on the fox news channel show Hannity and Colmes i heard about an african-american (i could use another term but i will not.) woman who is an elected government official in the state of Tennessee that refuses to say the pledge of allegiance because old glory represents slavery because the original 13 colonies enslaved her people and she is advising other african-americans to do the same thing in my opinion she is a traitor and should be shot i know that the first amendment supports her right not to say the pledge but since she is an elected government official of this country she should have to say the pledge of allegiance to this country's national flag.what is it about these african-americans first they say the CONFEDERATE BATTLE FLAG represents slavery now they say that OLD GLORY represents slavery. you just cannot please those people. if i offended any one with that last statement i appologize

OSAMA BIN LADEN YOU WILL BE MEETING ME VERY VERY SOON.
GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I read about that witch too.I think that she should be tried for treason and executed.I hope the voters in her district hear about this and vote her sorry *** out of office come reelection time. [img]images/icons/blush.gif" border="0[/img]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I hadn't heard about that one. Don't surprixe me none though. She just don't know her history as most American Black folks don't. The Americas were just the transporters and consumers. Her own black people from a different tribe were the ones who caught and sold her ancestors to the white man. Africa has a long history of slavery before the whites ever showed up there. It still exists in Somalia today for sure and probably else where on the sly. <BR>Most don't seem to recognize or ignore the fact that Nation hood in Africa is hardly more than a hundred years old. It is all baised on tribalism. One tribe conquering and enslaving another. They were real good at it. Any given tribe could only use so many slaves though but when the white man showed up there was a more or less unlimited market for slaves. Katy bar the door. The dominant tribes just kept doing what they had always done on a bigger scale.<BR>I have a friend who is Nigerian. He and his wife are four years in this country. Both have good jobs and are good folks. Neither of them care too much for American blacks. He says what is wrong is that in America they have forgotten what tribe they were from and expect to be given something instead of earning it. His words not mine.<BR>BCR

Quando Omni Moritati
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I lived close to and worked many Blacks in the South. Had and have many Black friends who are top of the line BUT there is a segment of that population that has been brainwashed to think the white people owe them a free ride and will do anything to get it. I watched several of my help have babies fast as they could to draw more welfare. I saw Black husbands only come home late at night so the welfare people wouldn't know the wife still had a husband and was still qualified for food stamps. Food stamps were and are bought and sold regularly in Dallas. Welfare is a cancer on the federal budget but is necessary for the people that really need it. The doctors and welfare cheaters should have a mandatory prison sentence to stop more of this theft. JMHO -- no

A hint to the wise is sufficient! Experience is the best teacher!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I lived close to and worked many Blacks in the South. Had and have many Black friends who are top of the line BUT there is a segment of that population that has been brainwashed to think the white people owe them a free ride and will do anything to get it. I watched several of my help have babies fast as they could to draw more welfare. I saw Black husbands only come home late at night so the welfare people wouldn't know the wife still had a husband and was still qualified for food stamps. Food stamps were and are bought and sold regularly in Dallas. Welfare is a cancer on the federal budget but is necessary for the people that really need it. The doctors and welfare cheaters should have a mandatory prison sentence to stop more of this theft. JMHO -- no

A hint to the wise is sufficient! Experience is the best teacher!
IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
It seems so many want tp have both sides, equal this and equal that so long as they have more than equal. Now while slavery wasn't a nice thing it is history, even if they want to rewrite it, it's still history, but they want compinsated for it and special treatment. Problem is everybody is a fu****g victim these days. If your black, gay, don't smoke, or what ever the next bandwagon is you are a victim. Got news for them, Rome fell from within, so did every other great nation, and so shall we. Then all the whining, sniveling and trying to tell everyone else how they should think and act will be replaced and the business of living. Personally I'm not looking forward to it but da** I sure do wish they would they would give it a break.

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
If the sorry bi--h won't pledge allegiance to the US flag, send her ----- ass to Africa and see how she likes living under some fat-as--d black king. Maybe she would like to pledge allegiance to some African Nationalist ruler who doesn't give a damn if she and all his other subjects live or die as long as the money comes rolling in. And slavery is healthy and doing well in most parts of Africa, especially the Sudan, Somalia, Malawi, and most western coastal countries. And as far as this "African-American" bs, I'm geting tired of deciding what one should call these people. When I was young it was ******, then negro, then colored, then Afro-American,then black and now they like to be called African-American. I wish they'd make up their minds. I think that most of them aren't even aware that Africa is a continent, not a country. It is a very large place, covering many nationalities and colours. Do we Anglos call ourselves European-Americans? No, we come from Irish, English, Welsh, Spanish, French, German, Norwegan etc. stock. This type of political correctness gives me a very large pain in the a--. If these people can't accept the fact that they are not Africans, but American, they should go there and see what the tribesmen think of them. They are considered black/white men by most of them. They will find that they have nothing in common with these people except their skin color and, usually, facial characteristics. Give me a large break, please.

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
I see that my post was (******) censored. I guess the moderator, or the powers that be, can't face up to the "n" word. Another indication of the pervasive political correctness which is destroying this country. If a person can't be up front with his opinions they might as well stick them where the sun don't shine. Thanks a lot ******* (jacka--).

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Machinist:<P>There are a very few words that I have set to display only asterisks. The n-word is one of them. <P>And it's going to stay that way.<P>If you want to find a forum where blatant hate speech is freely allowed, I'm sure you'll be successful. Have at it.<P>But this is a forum that I want everyone to feel free to visit. That means white, black, yellow, red, whatever. The n-word simply isn't appropriate around here. <P>Period.<P>Rick<P>P.S.: I think the woman in question is full of ****.

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Rick Binn-I guess that is your perogative but there is a lot of difference between using the (PC) n-word as a derogatory remark and using the same word in general conversation to express a point. Obviously, you can't make the distintion and are using a blanket authority to censor a word with which you are not comfortable. If I had used the word in a fashion such as saying "Hey, ******, whazup?" it would be different. But I was not. I was explaining how blacks were referenced in the past by most people and still are by some bigots, one of which I am not. It's too bad that you cannot face up to reality and use this type word without being squeamish, so you censor it from your website. That's sad. Another nail in the coffin of freedom of expression and of expression of ideas.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Machinist:<P>I understand the context in which you used the word, but the software program does not. In other words, I put that word in a very small list of words that the software will display only as asterisks. Along with the n-word is the f-word, the m/f-word, the c/s-word and a few notable others.<P>Now, just as it is possible to use the n-word in a context in which it is not technically offensive, so can you with the f-word and all the others. I grant you that. Whether your use was offensive or not is probably something we disagree about, but it is of no consequence.<P>Put yourself in my position. Should I not include those words in the "list" simply because it is possible to use them in a context which might take away some of their edge? That means that I have to scour each and every post each and every day in order to find these words and then determine if they are used in an offensive fashion or not. Forget it.<P>In addition, do you think that these words are going to be primarily used in a non-offensive manner, or in an offensive manner? You guessed it. If I let these words go in your post, someone will read your post and say, "Well, Machinist used it. Why can't I?" Soon, real soon, we have all kinds of riff raff and gutter talk around here. Again, forget it! This is a classy joint!<P>I think maybe before you get all wadded up, question my judgment publicly, call me names, etc., you check around and see where the 24 Hour Campfire ranks in terms of moderation and censorship. Also, see how the Board members feel about the open use of those words and whether it really limits anybody's "freedom of expression or expression of ideas" to display them as asterisks.<P>Bottom line, after tens of thousands of posts around here, you are the first one to ever complain about this issue, or to seem to "require" the inclusion of these words in your vocabulary in order to make your point.<P>I think if you take a step back and try to understand the spirit in which these words were included in the "list," you will see that it makes perfect sense not to display them across the board, and is the best policy from an administrative perspective.<P>You can still make your point, Machinist. We're all intelligent enough (yes, even me). <P>But consider the alternative.<P>Rick Bin

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Tennessee needs to vote the anti-American slug out of office, I don't give a rats *ss what color she is.<P>Hey lady, <B>kiss it!</B> [Linked Image]

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
DeerTexas, how did you do that? Smile and moon, that is. [img]images/icons/laugh.gif" border="0[/img]

We may rise and fall, but in the end, we meet our fate together.
'
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
'
Big Hunter, was that smile and moon...or smile and moon-pie and a RC cola for our communist mammy from Tennessee! [img]images/icons/laugh.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/laugh.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/laugh.gif" border="0[/img]<BR>...just kidding folks! [img]images/icons/laugh.gif" border="0[/img]

'Slayer
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Machinist i have a suggestion before you jump all over rick bin's case if you want to visit a forum where the words you want to use is never censored then you should visit. HardCoreTalk.com on that site the n word or the f word or any other objectionable word is perfectly allowed i have posted on that site so i know what i am talking about.

OSAMA BIN LADEN YOU WILL BE MEETING ME VERY VERY SOON.
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Hey guys,<BR> I myself was raised in a pretty poor part of town. unfortunately, when I was younger I was influenced by others to have a negative opinion of people other than white. Thankfully for me, I have outgrown those idiotic ideas and have matured and grown as a human. That being said, I don't think the lady is doing anything wrong, as a matter of fact, I think she is right, but for the wrong reasons, The bible says that you should not worship false idols. I'm not saying that i don't believe in america. because I DO!!! I love this darn country. I just don't fully agree with idolizing a flag or a concept. I do take off my hat, but I don't say the words. I respect the brave men who have gave me freedom by dieing for my rights, but I don't worship a flag,,BH

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
BearHunter - pucker up! [Linked Image] <P><B>I AM THE FLAG OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA</B><P>My name is Old Glory.<BR>I fly atop the world's tallest buildings.<BR>I stand watch in America's halls of justice.<BR>I fly majestically over institutions of learning.<BR>I stand guard with power in the world. Look up and see me.<BR>I stand for peace, honor, truth and justice.<BR>I stand for freedom.<BR>I am confident.<BR>I am proud.<BR>When I am flown with my fellow banners, my head is a little higher, my<BR>colors a little truer.<BR>I am recognized all over the world.<BR>I am worshipped - I am saluted.<BR>I am loved - I am revered.<BR>I am respected - and I am feared.<BR>I have fought in every battle of every war for more then 200 years.<BR>I was flown at Valley Forge, Gettysburg, Shiloh and Appomattox.<BR>I was there at San Juan Hill, the trenches of France, in the Argonne Forest, Anzio, Rome and the beaches of Normandy, Guam.<BR>Okinawa, Korea and KheSan, Saigon, Vietnam know me, I was there.<BR>I led my troops,<BR>I was dirty, battleworn and tired, but my soldiers cheered me, and I was proud.<BR>I have been burned, torn and trampled on the streets of countries I have helped set free.<BR>It does not hurt, for I am invincible.<BR>I have been soiled upon, burned, torn and trampled on the streets of my country.<BR>And when it's by those whom I've served in battle - it hurts.<BR>But I shall overcome - for I am strong.<BR>I have slipped the bonds of Earth and stood watch over the uncharted frontiers of space from my vantage point on the moon.<BR>I have borne silent witness to all of America's finest hours.<BR>But my finest hours are yet to come.<BR>When I am torn into strips and used as bandages for my wounded comrades<BR>on the battlefield,<BR>When I am flown at half-mast to honor my soldier,<BR>Or when I lie in the trembling arms of a grieving parent at the grave of their fallen son or daughter, I am proud.<P><B>MY NAME IS OLD GLORY<BR>LONG MAY I WAVE.<BR>DEAR GOD IN HEAVEN<BR>LONG MAY I WAVE</B>

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Old Glory a "false idol"? My friend, I do not doubt that I speak for many Americans when I say to you, sir, kiss my *ss!<P>Happy Independence Day! Long may she wave!<BR> [Linked Image]

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Bearhunter - Your post p*sses me off the more I read it.<P>"I just don't fully agree with idolizing a flag or a concept. I do take off my hat, but I don't say the words."<P>How about the concept of <B>FREEDOM</B>?<P>You remove your hat, but you don't say the words? You only do that because you know if you happen to be standing in front of me, <B>I'll nock it off your weasel *ss!</B> You probably don't even know the words, and I assume you are talking about the Pledge of Allegiance. Here, let me help you:<P><B>I</B><BR>me, an individual, a committee of one.<BR><B>Pledge</B><BR>dedicate all of my worldly goods to live without self-pity.<BR><B>Allegiance</B><BR>my love and my devotion.<BR><B>To the Flag</B><BR>our standard, Old Glory, a symbol of freedom. Wherever she waves, there is respect, because your loyalty has<BR>given her a dignity that shouts freedom is everybody&#8217;s job.<BR><B>Of The United</B><BR>that means we have all come together.<BR><B>States of America,</B><BR>Individual communities that have united into 50 great states. Fifty individual communities with pride and dignity<BR>and purpose, all divided with imaginary boundaries, yet united to a common purpose, and that&#8217;s love for a<BR>country.<BR><B>And to the Republic</B><BR>a state in which sovereign power is invested in representatives chosen by the people to govern. And government<BR>is the people and it&#8217;s from the people to the leaders, not from the leaders to the people.<BR><B>For which it stands,<BR>One Nation under God</B><BR>meaning, so blessed by God.<BR><B>Indivisible,</B><BR>incapable of being divided.<BR><B>With liberty</B><BR>which is freedom and the right of power to live one&#8217;s own life without threats or fear of some sort of retaliation.<BR><B>And justice</B><BR>the principle of quality of dealing fairly with others.<BR><B>For all.</B><BR>which meant it&#8217;s as much your country as it is mine.<P>Dammit! [img]images/icons/mad.gif" border="0[/img]

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
THis is a good topic Grim Reaper. To me it dont matter what color they are they should salute the flag. WHile there are alot of good black folks out there, there are alot of them thaat just dont get it and dont know how fortunate they are to live in the good ole USA. I say try her for treason and send her back to Africa till she gets the hint.bcat

If you aint the lead dog the scenery never changes [img]http://www.hunttalk.com/icon/bcatrunningcat.gif.com/boykin][/img] <BR><A HREF="http://www.huntandlodge.com/Boykin/outfitter.html" TARGET=_blank>Boykin's Hunting <B>Homepage</B> </A>
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

544 members (10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 1minute, 160user, 1234, 219 Wasp, 62 invisible), 2,522 guests, and 1,238 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,791
Posts18,516,061
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.