Print Thread
Hop To
#2912250 03/25/09
R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
i am about fit to be tied to get a ROKON.
any owners wanna show thier pics?
I want this model...
[Linked Image]

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
GB1

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
They are cool ! Look on youtube quite a few good clips.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Now that's a real "HAWG" bike. Lookout Sturgis, here we come!

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
I've got that exact bike (color and configuration). I've had it for about 4 years, now. No real problems to speak of at this point. I did have a little trouble after a couple of years with some trash in the carb (the Kohler carb is known to clog quite easily). There's even a "fix" on the internet for this, when it happens. Also, be aware that the front "miter box" tends to have a "whine" to it. Louder than the motor, even. They may or may not have fixed this in the newer ones.

If your goal is to truly "go anywhere", these are the bikes for it. When the going gets too rough to ride (depending on how brave you are), you simply put the bike in first gear, get off, and walk it along. They are really great in heavy forest with no established trails.

Just a warning. If your other buddies are riding 4 wheelers, expect to be left in the dust on open trails/fire roads/etc. These things will only do about 25 mph, tops.

Also, the newer ones are available with front suspension. That may be a definite improvement. Mine has the suspension seat in the rear, but it is a pretty rough ride. The way to ride these things when riding over about 10 mph is to ride it like a horse. That is, you ride with your legs, not your butt. You should support about 75% of your weight with your legs, and the rest with your butt (with your butt just barely touching the seat). Otherwise, the bike will try to "buck" you off.

Mine has the spoke wheels. The drum wheels sound pretty neat, but they are expensive, and I didn't plan on "floating" across any rivers. As for fuel, the things get great mileage. I wouldn't worry about extra fuel unless you plan on going 50 miles or more.

I usually left mine down at my parents' farm. This gave my dad a chance to use it to go visit the neighbors, etc. He's over 60 and had never really ridden any "real" motorcycles before. The Rokon was easy for him to control and didn't scare him a bit. The Kohler bikes are esentially impossible to "wheelie" and definitely aren't much in the acceleration department. Because of the way they are geared, though, they have plenty of pulling power (despite the 6hp engine).

Let me know if you have any questions!!

S
sc1 Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Ringworm rides one of these when he's out visiting Osama Bin Laden.Hey Ringparasite is that your wife in the bitch seat???

About how big a boy are ya,sounds like your the right ass whoopin size.
IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
please please pleaseplease tell me...
"SC"1...
please please "SC" stands for South Carolina?????????
Pleasepleasepleaseplease....
i'd really like to meet you for a cup of coffee. ill buy. hell ill pay for your gas, or your moms gas or bus fare or however you get there.
you can have a yoo-hoo if you dont drink coffee.
im in the upstate.. 29303. near 85 and 26.
pleasepleaseplease.....

Listen up folks. this Sc1 is a mall security guard in orlando.
he thinks he's highspeed low drag. he hates former military because he could only get in the national guard then got kicked out for failure to maintain fitness. he's 325 pounds of chewed bubblegum. so he got a job at the MIllina shopping mall in orlando so he could keep his one bedroom apartment and not have to move back into his grandparents garage.
He also hate anyone who actually is or was a Cop because he couldnt make the cut.
Hows that Pellgrant application coming? Did the guy at the earing keyosk help you fill it out.
He spends his days flirting with the 16 year old clerks at the gap running skateboardrs out of the food court.
he seen 'Paul Blart: Mall Cop' 44 times and has an extensive airsoft collection.
Hey pyle, cut down on those pizza's. i know they bring them right to the door, but that doesnt mean you have to order one every night.
[Linked Image]

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by ringworm
I want this model...
[Linked Image]

Is that some kind of new padded seat?

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Here ya go...This one is up for sale on Bobs site...It's modified...

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by djs
Originally Posted by ringworm
I want this model...
[Linked Image]

Is that some kind of new padded seat?

Nah, he's just packin' his lunch.

=====================
Boots were made for walking
Winds were blowing change
Boys fall in the jungle
As I Came of Age

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I gave up hunting on my dirtbike (after too many hard spills) and went to an ATV to get me deep into the wilds - before I walk. But, as everone who has used them knows - in timber you really are limited - they are just too wide (and too high) to fit on most game trails.

The Rokon adds make me wonder.

Are they really as good as they sound?

Can they really go up slopes too steep to walk? Can they be kept upright through forest and over deadfalls? Inquiring minds want to know.

Brian

Vernon BC Canada

"Nothing in life - can compare to seeing smiles on your children's faces."
IC B3

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by fburgtx
Because of the way they are geared, though, they have plenty of pulling power

New member and first post. Love the forums here!

I've had a Rokon for over 30 years- one of the originals with the Chrysler 2-stroke engine and flotation wheels. It resides at our property up in Canada, and has been a workhorse. Except for a couple of Tillotsen carb rebuilds, it has been relatively problem-free. It's not fast, but can climb a tree. The guy who watches our property up there borrows it once each year to take into the bush moose hunting along with trailer on flotation wheels I built for it. He swears by its power on pulling huge moose out of the swamps- no winch necessary.
I'm not sure if I have a pic of it here but will post one if I find one.
Jim

R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
There pretty neat bikes,ive been around them off and on for 25 years theres about 6 of them in town, i bought a 2005 trailbreaker model with the disc wheels a couple years ago ,they will go where they shouldn't!! grin in the late fall when the ground is frozen and covered with leaves coming down steep trails gets a bit hairy as both wheels will slide, they will give you exercise when using them you dont just ride them like a 4 wheeler. im 6,4 and 285 lbs, and it will haul me and my wife with no problem. There nice "AMERICAN" made machines made about 50 miles from where i live,in Rochester N.H. Don

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
These things really go. Should you be lacking in the traction department, fill the wheels with either gasoline( safe) or water for more weight. The main drawback seems to be that they will not turn real short and cannot be spun around sharp turns like a regular trail bike can. All in all, they are great and will go just about anywhere they are legal to go.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You guys are killing me . State park where I hunt forbids such evil things. Would love one for a deer / bear dragging back up if no neighbors were in camp to lend a hand.

Phil

�The public cannot be too curious concerning the characters of public men.� �Samuel Adams

"All men having power ought to be distrusted to a certain degree." --James Madison
B
BFD Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I'd love to shoot one and mount the SOB on my garage wall... smile

S
sc1 Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
smirk Youre a funny muslim laugh Now go make me a Slurpie ya mulah eek laugh laugh laugh

About how big a boy are ya,sounds like your the right ass whoopin size.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
It looks like a neat bike. How much do they cost?

bcp Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

http://www.rokon.com/salesnservice/prices.htm

ROKON PRICE LIST

Description Price

Rokon Trail-Breaker.....$5,975.00
Rokon Ranger............$5,850.00
Rokon Scout.............$5,575.00

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

526 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 19rabbit52, 10gaugemag, 54 invisible), 2,929 guests, and 1,228 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,970
Posts18,519,709
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.