-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
BCR - Good post. You are right about revolution not flying today, with control of the press and the military power they yield they would squash us like a bug and have the masses applauding them. It sure is hard to join them when you dislike them for doing what they are doing to us an much as we do, but it is the only answer to the problem that I know.

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Well I can agree with the "take back the party" concept. But I'm saddened by the "squash us like bugs" idea. There is no doubt that many would die in any revolution, but history shows the survivors would become very difficult to catch. Look at what happens in nearly every revolution. Eventually the government is overthrown. I'm way too old to expect to survive, but I'd rather not live as a slave. [img]images/icons/mad.gif" border="0[/img]

[Linked Image]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Happy Fourth of July!!!<P>And let's not lose sight of the fact that we still live in the best and richest society that has ever existed, regardless of the imperfections it might have. And that is all because of a few good men that stood up and were counted when the time to be counted came. Happy Birthday America!!!!

"When we put [our enlisted men and women] in harm's way, it had better count for something. It can't be because some policy wonk back here has a brain fart of an idea of a strategy that isn't thought out." General Zinni on Iraq

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Slamfire, good friend, what do you think would arouse the masses to revolution and make no mistake the bulk of the population must be on the side of the revolutioary or they swiftly cease to exist. Where was the outcry over Waco? Where was the righteous wrath over Ruby Ridge? Where was the cry "To the barracades" over the Elian Gonzales mess. It didn't exits. It doesn't exist. Intresting for a moment then tune in the next sit com on the tube.<BR>I know you are angry over the course this county seems to be on, so am I. But nobody has to die. This is still a great country and we have just let it slip because we couldn't be bothered to take an active part in politics. It won't be an overnight fix because it didn't get this way overnight. On the next precinct convention when ever it is in your state take a couple of like minded buddies with you and control the durn thing. Elect your own delegates. You can do it becaue I have done it. <BR>BCR

Quando Omni Moritati
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The press is for printing anything that will sell. The news groups are for rateings. The petition against K-Mart had over 7000 signatures last time I looked. Why don't we make a petition to the papers and media what we think and start changing their minds, and attitudes, the pocket book carries a lot of weight for anything. Politicians are bought with votes, if we could start the ball rolling, with 80,000,000 gun owners and if we hurry before they all die off, Vets, (VFW, American Legion), Service personnel, and all the sportsmen that buy hunting license in this country, with all the sport manufactors and the stores that sell to the hunters, along with the service companys, (taxidermist, locker plants, butchers), and the list goes on and on. That is a very big stick and would command much attention. The antis have nothing to offer along this line that puts money, or jobs, in anyones pocket EXCEPT the professional antis, like Handgun Control, Peta, and all the other, don't do that organizations. They do offer VOTES to the politicians. Can we overwhelm them with all the business people involved? Some enterprising young person should undertake this mission. Sometimes I wonder about the National Rifle Association and Handgun Control and the other organizations, if either side flat out won the battle, all of them would be out of a job except for a skeleton crew in the NRA. Think the higher echelon want's this to happen? JMHO -- no<P>OK, -- it's the 4th of July, let the fireworks begin, emergency suit in place.

A hint to the wise is sufficient! Experience is the best teacher!
IC B2

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
I'm an enterprising young person [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] what exactly do you mean though?

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
7mm,check your private messages.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
The flag arrived Monday. We got a flagpole all ready, and we should be ready to actually hang it tomorrow. Digging that hole was lots of fun! [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img]

We may rise and fall, but in the end, we meet our fate together.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I think we ALL know something has to be done.. and soon, the real questing is WHAT...<P>What really gives me the creepy crawlies, in not the fact that we have low life's in the goverment, but rather the fact so many voters, chose to put them there !!!!! This is not a purely policital battle, or even an ideaological battle, but rather a real social one. Do we live free and take responsibilty for ourselves, or do we willing ceed control to the goverment, be cause it never 'my' fault (ie not taking resposibilty).<P>I think you all know what I mean here. Some idiot falls of a ladder, and of course it is not 'his' fault, so he sue the ladder maker. Never mind he did not set it up right, or ever pay attention to do so. Same for people you are to lazy to even get off thier hinies, to even earn enough to feed thier face. They as it is not my fault and the gov. should take care of me.... Now we end up with it is never the criminals fault but the weapon instead.<P>What gets me, is if you buy into this BS, you are saying that an object that has no, brains, no will of its own, or and shred of live to it, is more responsibile the YOU !!! Now tell me who has more brains?<P>I am not sure what MUST done now, but this I am SURE of.. United we stand, and divided we will die !!! I get so feed up with us critizing each other and taking it personal like. This will get us nowhere. Personally I do not like every aspect of how others react to the erosion of our and MY rights, but unless I can offer something better, I will support them! This is why I am a NRA member, not because I think they do everyting perfect, but I do not have better to offer on the polictal front.<P>Therefore I say this, I am not sure the "Do Not tread on Me" is the best or even a good idea, but I have nothing else to offer, and therefore I will support you in it. Doing anything is better then doing nothing.<P>Boy did this get my hot button... [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] all the best

..pick..
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
We had Moms family reunion this weekend so I've been in a lot of political "battles" this week. I've come to see folks as in one of three catigories:<P>1: those who like somthing them selves, and so try to force it on everyone else.<P>2: those who see what is happening, but are content to let it go.<P>3: those who are aware of the problems, and try to awaken others to the danger.<P>Most of us here I think, fit into #3. But we are a minority.<P> #1 is lightly larger than us, but many times louder. They are the root of gun-control, and other so-called "programs".<P>#2 is the worst of the bunch. They are happy to have a house and 2 cars. So what if their rights are being taken away. These are the guys who voted for Gore "for the economies sake". <P>If we can't awaken the folks in #2, we're gonna loose all. <BR>7mmbuster

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

IC B3

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

247 members (1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 1_deuce, 16gage, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 37 invisible), 1,881 guests, and 1,036 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,861
Posts18,497,178
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.