Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Pissin match.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Spot, I too confirm what Kevin said with the Remington M11 version of the Auto 5.

BCR

Quando Omni Moritati
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yep, that is how they work, but what do I know I only been gunsmithing for about 45 years or so.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by Tom264
I'd really like to know "who" are the ones that Lee has given privy info to and also are the ones who support Lee.

OK Lee supporters! if you are out there let us know.

Once again.

Anybody?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Just in case nobody has looked it up, this is the definition of a poseur:

Poseur, noun, a person who attempts to impress others by assuming or affecting a manner, degree of elegance, sentiment, etc., other than his or her true one.

Jeff

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Prolly have a better chance of people admitting they're Buckmasters members before that.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Sure, Terry, but do you know how to Google up the jet force thingy? That's what really counts.

I only owned one A5 back in the early 70's and Kevin hit the nail on the head on operation.

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

GunGeek Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Crickets - chirp, chirp, chirp.

Okay, he's ran back off to his hiding place. I'll back off again, I only started back up because he decided to engage in the debate.

He's no engineer, he knows VERY LITTLE about firearms, but he sure holds a BS degree.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
I'm sure theres a few out there who find us all as "the ones who wont let it go" but in all reality this has to be done so as to "smoke" out the ones who are liars......reason being is they could pass on information that someone else could take and use at home and possibly injure or kill themselves with.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I understand. There's a danger. I wonder though if there's folks, who see the high likelyhood that one is a bullsh****r, would hesitate to try anything he has suggested. I'm willing to give them more credit for spotting BS.

Last edited by bearmgc; 03/30/09.
IC B3

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Kevin, you have a basic understanding of how the A-5 works, but you don't know EXACTLY. You don't understand basic physics, don't understand the gas component of recoil. Maybe if you could find a really slow motion film of the A-5 and Glock firing and cycling, you could comprehend.

That's why I worked for Rocketdyne and Sverdup, and developed computer models of the dynamics of weapons like the M-14 long ago, while you were still peddling a big wheel around Mom's driveway.

Would you go to a medical forum and tell a surgeon how much more you know than he does? Well that is how silly it is for you to pretend to lecture an engineer who has developed and refined firearms for 30 years.

Come to think of it, you probably would lecture a surgeon on his specialty.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Kevin, not an engineer, a consulting engineer..................

Lee's resume

- I am a consulting engineer who develops, among other things, weapons systems, from hunting rifles to attack helicopters, as well as composite armor to defeat it, from the 9mm handgun to 155mm sabot round.

- I am a mechanical engineer, designing robotics, but also have engineered skyscrapers (mechanical, electrical, plumbing, site drainage, etc), ponds, dams, small bridges, as well as medical devices, computers, cell phones, firearms, tools, farm machinery, military aircraft and automobile components, chemical and polymer plants, and a wide array of other retail products and manufacturing process development. I have worked in 32 states, as well as overseas.

- As for my engineering degree, I have several, as well as PhD courses in specific areas related to projects, at Georgia Tech, Clemson, USC, and JPL. Since you are a pilot, I was a consultant on composites and airframes manufacturing of most of commercial and military jets, and few helicopters back in the early to mid 1980s. Current projects include development of the next generation of lightweight personnel, vehicle and aircraft armor. - my 45 years of hunting, competition shooting and firearms engineering.

- The 600,000 rounds I have fired in competition and practice

- I included the 45 years of hunting and 400,000 handgun rounds in there.

- I just renewed my hunting license for the 40th year.

- I grew up on a cattle ranch, and had spent 1,000 nights under the stars before I was 21.

- I grew up in the hardwood business, providing veneer grade walnut and oak to the furniture industry. I have been building furniture and gunstocks as a hobby for 35 years.
- I have a shop full of all sorts of walnut, some of it air drying for over 20 years. Having designed 3, 4 and 5-axis CNC machines for woodworking, I have had the opportunity to see and cut a lot of woods.

- BTY, the National Geographic Channel had a 3-part series on one of my projects just recently. We are still adding to it.

This kid has some imagination.............

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
shocked

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
1 year of experience 40 times comes to mind.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sonny was you born a freaking fool or did you have to work up to it.

And I don't jump nobody's case and never have on here.

I'm done.

BCR

Quando Omni Moritati
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

[Linked Image]

C
ccd Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by KevinGibson

Anyone (that is, non-troll members)ever heard of this company: http://www.vulcanarmament.com/cgist...mp;idp=0&his=0&cart_id=69580.556

I've always maintained that the Valmet M62/76 was the greatest military rifle ever built. The Galil was setup by Valmet and the first batch were even made on Valmet receivers. I'm thinking one of these Vulcans in 7.62x39 would be about the closest thing you're likely to find to a Valmet 76 for under 4 grand.

Anyone have any experience with these? Seen one? Handled one?

Mr Gibson I don't know if you are serious about asking about Vulcan, but IIRC it is the former Hesse Arms who had such a bad reputation for their AR's that they were forced to change their name.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
RDFinn,

It's kind of sick that you are tracking me like that, but at least you got those parts of my resume right, instead of making up crap like some of the goons here.

I take it that you somehow think those things don't fit together.
Maybe it is because you are not a farmer, rancher, or engineer - that's understandable.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Oh Darlin's, imagination. The writer of Huck Finn, and another, the founder of Cody, Wy. They both had one thing in commn, imagination. Much has been said of each person's accomplishments, and much is left to speculation. Many have investigated into their lives, and much still is left to speculation. There's always a grain of truth, there's always a flight of fancy.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
if you're 269 years old they fit together quite nicely.............

Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

89 members (69sportfury, 35, 6mmCreedmoor, 6mmbrfan, 257_X_50, 2500HD, 6 invisible), 1,430 guests, and 868 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,118
Posts18,483,513
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.