Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
And....so what.

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Until O'bambam or some other damn fool repeals Newton's 3rd law of motion, I'm perfectly content with my understanding of recoil, and the forces which contribute to it, including blow back and gas piston operated weapons. So there. smile

Wayne

You guys are hoot, better than any show on cable! Summer can't get here soon enough. Lee24 is a troll, and a very good one, simple as that.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
you should add....he's some kind of sky marshal...a little vague on that.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Badgerman
You guys are hoot, better than any show on cable! Summer can't get here soon enough. Lee24 is a troll, and a very good one, simple as that.

Yup gotta say it's quite the gut buster this thread.Was feeling chitty, read this and been laffin ever since.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I have been reading this thread but have decided to stay out of this pissing match. I have to say it is entertaining, if not down right funny at times.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
I enjoy these, always the first ones I look for and read. Brightens up my day.

It amazes me how he sucks in obviously intelligent and experienced people into his odd little world.

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
Originally Posted by Lee24
Thanks for the link to VAnimrod's alleged conversation with Winchester.

Unfortunately, he forgot to mention the date, the location, person he spoke with, or phone number, much less their knowledge of what rifles were assembled in SC for Winchester and FN prior to 2005.

Oh well... keep trying.

Dude, are you for real???

You make outrageous claims and dont even attempt to back them up. Expecting people to believe a proven liar, and then have the audacity to question someone elses claim?

I am convinced you are either 12 or criminally stupid. I sympathize with you, but damn.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It was just a flash of his first 135 years of life................sky marshal came later I believe.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I say give the fellow a chance,........

Lee24, I need some advice regarding my hot rod .223 race gun,.....

I was getting nice round holes all the way out to 600yards in NRA Highpower, darn it.

HOW can I get the slugs to start "Tumbling" right after 100 Yards?

Perplexed.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
For mouse guns, I shoot the pure military stuff.
Can't help you with the goofy guns. I think they are neat to look at - kind of remind me of my Anschutz free rifles.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
RDFinn,

It's kind of sick that you are tracking me like that, but at least you got those parts of my resume right, instead of making up crap like some of the goons here.

I take it that you somehow think those things don't fit together.
Maybe it is because you are not a farmer, rancher, or engineer - that's understandable.

Since you claim to be an "engineer", please try to enlighten another engineer on the "jet force propulsion" deal you tried to BS about. Not saying the gas from combustion doesn't contribute but, it's not "jet force". I also call complete [bleep] BS on your entire resume. There is no way in hell someone could've possibly claimed to do all that you have done in a single career. I especially throw up the BS on any involvement in the building of skyscrapers. There's a reason they have civil engineers design bridges, dams, and do site drainage. You're an idiot.

P.S. You are still completely evading the posting of the picture of that Model 70 you claim to have. You could just say it doesn't exist and the world would be a happier place.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They are not making a .375 H&H in SC, yet. All they are putting out right now are long action Featherweights and Supergrades (at least salesmen's samples).

My .375 was made there several years earlier, when FN took control of USRAC, during the transition, when rifles were being assembled from various old and new parts. Then manufacture went back to Connecticut until the union troubles forced FN to sell off Winchester up there, shut down the SC Winchester facility on Highway 555 in Blythewood, and wait for the legal dust to settle.

During that time (no Winchester), FN built their FN branded tactical rifles in the FN machinegun plant on Clemson Road, which were still actually Model 70 actions, for the 7.62x51mm NATO. Some were assembled in Belgium. I shot some of these in 2005.

I have not been to the FN facility in a while now, as I have worked on the West Coast and Europe most of the last 2.5 years, with one ongoing project in SC.

Lee, I don't know you from Adam, but it isn't hard to see you are either an attention whore or you have no dignity, because if I were at a forum such as this, and as many members had a low opinion of me as they seem to you, I would have been long gone months ago.

Not sure what makes you tick, you either live a bored life or thrive on rejection, I can't understand what keeps you coming back for more week after week?

GunGeek Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Kevin, you have a basic understanding of how the A-5 works, but you don't know EXACTLY. You don't understand basic physics, don't understand the gas component of recoil. Maybe if you could find a really slow motion film of the A-5 and Glock firing and cycling, you could comprehend.

That's why I worked for Rocketdyne and Sverdup, and developed computer models of the dynamics of weapons like the M-14 long ago, while you were still peddling a big wheel around Mom's driveway.

Would you go to a medical forum and tell a surgeon how much more you know than he does? Well that is how silly it is for you to pretend to lecture an engineer who has developed and refined firearms for 30 years.

Come to think of it, you probably would lecture a surgeon on his specialty.
Lee, thanks for the retort, and for keeping it a bit less provocative; I'll do likewise in kind.

Your retort sounds very good if it wasn't for the fact that it just isn't so. Not trying to be rude, but I'm really not convinced that you are an engineer.

You throw me a bone and say that I have a basic understanding, which was a bit condescending. When in fact, I nailed it to a T, whereas you really quite blew it.

Rather than address my point about the black powder loads, or the complete lack of any credible documented supporting evidence for your theory, you simply retort that your superior training and intellect are the reason I don't understand it.

Whereas, I have offered up substance. The black powder reference completely debunks your theory, as does the fact that the A-5 clearly works on recoil, and not on the "jet" effect. Is there a force at play there? Yes, on that I will concede. Is it a significant part of the operation of any recoil operated semi-auto? Certainly not, and to suggest so is nonsense. The auto 5 reference, and to return to the original subject at hand, the fact that EVERY 10mm auto ever sold will function perfectly with the lighter "FBI" type loads; even a Glock.

Lastly, let's return to my original retort. If you are right, please point to one credible piece of published documentation specific to recoil operated firearms. I am a published gunwriter, and I know for a fact that If I could offer up an expose that what we all think of as recoil operated, are actualy operating in the manner in which you propose; most any editor would eat it up like free drinks at the SHOT show.

You need to put your theory aside along with your ego and consider just once that you could be wrong. I'm here to tell you, nothing would make me happier than to be PROVEN wrong on this one, becuase it would mean that I've learned something valuable, and I have one hell of a story to offer to the editor of my choosing. But the reality is, I'm not wrong, you are. Are you capable of accepting that? I have yet to see the words "I'm wrong" come out of you since you've landed at the Campfire.

Whereas, I get a little big for my britches from time to time and have to hang my head and admit that I was wrong. Don't believe me, ask Maser about the recent PM I sent him. I'm a MAN, I can take it.

Time for you to either prove me wrong...not just post in a condescending manner and tell me I lack the intellectual capacity or education to understand (actually, you really don't know the first thing about my intelligence or education, so such a position is really quite presumtuous).

If you're going to prove me wrong, you need to debunk my point about black powder shells, and provide a link to a credible piece of literature in the gun press over the past 112 years that supports your theory. You need to do these two things AT THE VERY LEAST. (I made other points, but for brevity sake, we'll set those aside).

If you can't do that, then you need to man up and admit that you're wrong. By doing so, you could salvage some shread of your credibility which has taken a horrible beating.

Your call, be a man or continue on with childish anecdotes.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Kevin, you have a basic understanding of how the A-5 works, but you don't know EXACTLY. You don't understand basic physics, don't understand the gas component of recoil. Maybe if you could find a really slow motion film of the A-5 and Glock firing and cycling, you could comprehend.

That's why I worked for Rocketdyne and Sverdup, and developed computer models of the dynamics of weapons like the M-14 long ago, while you were still peddling a big wheel around Mom's driveway.

Would you go to a medical forum and tell a surgeon how much more you know than he does? Well that is how silly it is for you to pretend to lecture an engineer who has developed and refined firearms for 30 years.

Come to think of it, you probably would lecture a surgeon on his specialty.

That reminds me, did I ever tell you guys, I'm Gandalf?

grin

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Even from this end of the earth, this thread is very funny....

I've had a couple of goes at Lee24 in the past regarding his BS, but I must admit over the last month or so he has really out done himself

I do (seriously) however think that his BS could have dangerous consequences for people who actually believe it. We are talking about firearms here, not teddy bears. (and Lee24 probably designed the first teddy bear as well)

GunGeek Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Badgerman
It amazes me how he sucks in obviously intelligent and experienced people into his odd little world.
Glad everyone is enjoying it; and yes, he did suck me in.

I'm sure many probably have a lower opinion of me by now, and that's my own fault for allowing myself to be drawn in by a damn troll.

However, I opened the dance by starting this thread and now that he has finally decided to engage in debate, I think for honor sake, I should debate him as I said I would.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
go for it , my opinion of you hasn't changed , a man has the right to voice what he feels.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They are not making a .375 H&H in SC

Anyone remember this?
Probably the only true thing that he said....

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

213 members (257 mag, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 1lessdog, 222Sako, 2500HD, 21 invisible), 1,668 guests, and 1,054 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,120
Posts18,483,620
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.