Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
T
tzone Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Does anybody know where else to look besides Midway?

I checked there, and besides being confusing, it didn't seem like they had what I was looking for.

Camp is where you make it.
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by tzone
Does anybody know where else to look besides Midway?

I checked there, and besides being confusing, it didn't seem like they had what I was looking for.

Try HERE !

If not try Jack First.

Thus saith thr lord; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeh from the lord. Jeremiah 17:5 KJV
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Try these folks: Clip Joint, 814-827-2371.

I had a site that listed M320 mags, but can't find it at the moment. IIRC, they had original 10 rounders for about $40 and repro 5 rounders for a bit less? Gun Parts is now offering brand new repros for Rem. M788s at reseasonable prices, perhaps they'll broaden their offerings in the future?

I found an original 10 rounder still in the wax paper and Winchester box some years ago at a gunshow, plus the 5 rounder that came with the rifle new, still works fine.

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

George
Associate Gypsy
Order of Sleepless Knights

Originally Posted by GOD
... That is when I carried you ...
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That's it! Looks my memory was off a bit, since they only show repro 10 rounders.

Thought I had it saved, but didn't. Recognized the format when I clicked on your link. By God it's saved now. ;O)

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.
IC B2

C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
Congrats on finding a 320. Don't see many of them around.
IIRC the 320 uses the same magazines as the Kimber of Oregon model 82's. G Warne based the original Kimber rifles on the 310/320 action. The mags for the New York Kimbers will NOT work.

I may have an extra mag laying around here some where. If you need it let me know.

Regards,
Ron

USASA 1965/69
C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
I found it. Take a look at this and see if it looks familiar:

[Linked Image]

Don't be fooled by the pic, it's in much better shape than it looks here.

Last edited by Cron; 04/08/09.

Regards,
Ron

USASA 1965/69
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Looks familiar. I've been told although the original Kimbers and the M320s both have similar "keyhole" shaped magwells, that they are not interchangeable?

Got my M320 new around 1972 for about $60. Shot that thing for years before I ever took the action out of the stock for a good cleaning and discovered what it says under the wood: Omark Australia LTD. If I'd see a nice one at a gunshow, they were generally priced above $350, although it's been a few years since I've even seen one for sale around here. Have only ever seen one M310.

Years after I bought mine, my huntin' bud read an article about the new Kimbers and immediately started calling my Winchester the Near-Kimber.

T
tzone Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Cron
I found it. Take a look at this and see if it looks familiar:

[Linked Image]

Don't be fooled by the pic, it's in much better shape than it looks here.

That looks right.

I'll send a pm

T
tzone Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by dubePA
Looks familiar. I've been told although the original Kimbers and the M320s both have similar "keyhole" shaped magwells, that they are not interchangeable?

Got my M320 new around 1972 for about $60. Shot that thing for years before I ever took the action out of the stock for a good cleaning and discovered what it says under the wood: Omark Australia LTD. If I'd see a nice one at a gunshow, they were generally priced above $350, although it's been a few years since I've even seen one for sale around here. Have only ever seen one M310.

Years after I bought mine, my huntin' bud read an article about the new Kimbers and immediately started calling my Winchester the Near-Kimber.

I got mine at Gander Mt. right before the gun buying frenzy that we now have.

IIRC I paid $240 or $260, something in that range. It was under 3 bills I know that. It only has one mag for it. I'm guessing it is original.

IC B3

C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
Tzone,
Check your PM's.

Regards,
Ron

USASA 1965/69
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Compared my original M320 5 round mag to your pic and they look identical. Unless they're dimensionally different, should probably work?

Can't tell from the pic if that's a metal follower, but mine has a black plastic follower.

C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
Yes, it's a metal follower. The magazine in the pic is a Kimber magazine.

Regards,
Ron

USASA 1965/69
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Do you guys have problems getting your 5 round mag to feed the first bullet out of 5 ? 4 rounds works perfect. 320s are the best secret in 22s .

If you really like something,you better buy two!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Don't recall ever having any feeding problems with mine, even when it was new.

I was initially attracted to the M320, because at the time they came out, most of the inexpensive 22s looked and felt cheap. The M320 had a nice walnut stock, good fit and finish and some proper heft to it. Took me about ten seconds to decide I had to have one. Wish now I'd bought a dozen.

Icing on the cake that the thing is very accurate, has a decent trigger and still looks good after all these years. Mine has had an old steel Weaver V12 on it for about 25 years.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Congrats on finding a 320. Don't see many of them around.
IIRC the 320 uses the same magazines as the Kimber of Oregon model 82's. G Warne based the original Kimber rifles on the 310/320 action. The mags for the New York Kimbers will NOT work.

I may have an extra mag laying around here some where. If you need it let me know.

Greg Warne's father, Jack, did indeed design the 320 for Winchester. I believe Warne manufactured them under the Sportco name in Australia before Winchester was attracted to them and began building them as the 320 here....

The 320 magazine is interchangeable with the Kimber of Oregon 82...one can still find them on Gunbroker....and priced a few $ under Oregon Kimber magazines....

Life's too short to smoke cheap cigars....
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I was under the impression that all M320s were made in Australia, under contract with Winchester? But it's been years since one of the gun mags had an article about them and the Kimber connection.

The Winchester script logo is on the left side of the receiver. If I remove the stock, right under the wood line, here's what it says in fairly small "print", just below Winchester:

Omark Australia LTD
Australia

Fairly sure I bought mine new in 1972, so it's likely an early production item. Serial # is D336XX.

Just a quick hit on the subject, from Wikipedia FWIW:

Kimber was founded as "Kimber of Oregon" in 1979 by Greg and Jack Warne in the small town of Clackamas, Oregon. Jack Warne had moved to Oregon in 1968 after Portland-based Omark Industries purchased the Australian firearms manufacturer, Sporting Arms (or SportCo), he founded in Adelaide, South Australia following World War II. Even though Jack eventually became president of Omark, he wanted to continue manufacturing, so he founded Kimber with his son Greg.

Last edited by dubePA; 04/10/09.

C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
I've never owned a 320 but I did have a 310 for a short while. I bought it in the mid 80's for $60.00. It was in virtually brand new condition but someone had put on a Lyman globe sight and an aperture on the rear. I took the sights off, put on a cheap 3/4" rimfire scope and sold it. I might have kept it but I didn't like the pressed checkering.
I'm not so big a snob now and wish I had it back. frown

Regards,
Ron

USASA 1965/69
T
tzone Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by birddog65
Do you guys have problems getting your 5 round mag to feed the first bullet out of 5 ? 4 rounds works perfect. 320s are the best secret in 22s .

Nope, mine fed really nice.

T
tzone Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I've never owned a 320 but I did have a 310 for a short while. I bought it in the mid 80's for $60.00. It was in virtually brand new condition but someone had put on a Lyman globe sight and an aperture on the rear. I took the sights off, put on a cheap 3/4" rimfire scope and sold it. I might have kept it but I didn't like the pressed checkering.
I'm not so big a snob now and wish I had it back. frown

The chekering is a bit "cheesy" but if it shoots as all you guys are saying, I can live with that.

Hell, its no worse than the newer models and the space age looking stocks.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

592 members (06hunter59, 160user, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 12344mag, 1337Fungi, 61 invisible), 2,607 guests, and 1,173 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,778
Posts18,477,065
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.