Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 19 of 173 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 172 173
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I'm much humored that increased performance,coupled with lesser recoil,is somehow mused as a concession at ANY distance.

So very few could shift their brain into a low enough gear to not gather that,but you are one of those .00001%.

Kudos!

HR IC

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Jeff, give it a rest.

Larry is in a bubble of his own making.

He's the only blue-collar guy you'll ever meet that will openly brag about tens of thousands of dollars worth of useless chit that would have been better spent on his family and at the same time think it's impressive.

No one cares but him and a few equally dim bulbs on this forum...

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Funny thing is, if you want to play the Ballistic Minutia game, we could simply define a different criteria as "the shiznit" and make the .308 come out on top. Or the .358 for that matter. Take energy at 75 yards, for instance (hey, YOU mentioned energy first, not me!).

You've chosen to focus on a red herring- the extreme long range performance of a round not particularly suited for that, anyway. If that makes you happy... good for you.

But what I've repeated 3 times now is Truth. Like it or not.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Brad, I've been rasslin' with the Stick wannabe's for so long around here that it's actually kind of FUN to finally meet the man.

Though I must say, the reality is a far cry from the myth... just sayin'...

Brad, is that antelope you killed at 500+ yards with your (gasp!) .308 still dead?

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Brad,I see you can't shake them Burger King Minimum Wage blues and that it has scarred you deeply. That being said,I appreciate your reaching for the stars and cooking french fries with uncanny ability.

My poor malnourished and deprived family. I imagine my dog has more gear than you do and surely that's gotta rub you wrong too.

Say somethin' Ballistical.

Laffin'

IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Name a critter at 75yds that a 7-08 won't shoot through,that you think one of the others will.

Be careful on that one. Mebbe get Brad to help you,after he removes his hairnet,so he can think clearly.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Too funny... while you've been blowing your money in the usual dumb-american fashion, I've been investing and multiplying mine.

Not to mention, I have no earthly idea what your "burger king" and "french fry" references are...

You're as transparent as air, but that's only clear to everyone but you and your pitiful brood...

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Money has always come easily to me,like everything else and I'm at a loss to find any of the difficulties you so often cry about.

Neither you or Jeff could bat 50% on sneaking up on a glass of water.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If "shooting through" a critter was the only criteria for evaluating a cartridge, we could just use .17's and some kind of tungsten rod as a bullet.

Try again.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Sure.

Name a Critter that the 7-08 won't shoot halfway through at 75yds.

Be sure and frost that with your notion of "energy" being imparted as per terminal affects,in reflection of all the Splendid beasts you've knocked to the ground in all your years of reading Comic Books.

Remember...pictures is always nice.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
True being true and all, it bears repeating...

Originally Posted by Jeff_O
My pole-vault over the mouse turds:

-Trajectory differences twixt 7-08 and .308 are a non-issue. Compensation is necessary and easy, either way, out past XXX yards.

-Energy differences twixt the two are even less of an issue.

-Recoil differences twixt the two are a non-issue; if you can shoot one, you can shoot the other.

-They come in the same rifles, so that's a non-issue.

They are very very similar, they do the same thing practically speaking. Flip a damn coin, go hunting. Getting the time off, and $$, and tags, and hunting partners all together is the hard part, not deciding between two nearly identical cartridges.

Either one benefits greatly, by being necked up to .35 and headstamped .358! :-) My .358 was a 7-08 for a half-dozen deer, and has killed a half dozen as a .358. The .358 is mo' betta'.

For anything bigger than deer, I'll use a bigger rifle than a 7-08 or a .308 anyway. Why? Because I can and it makes me happy.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I haven't mentioned energy- that'd be YOU.

Since you mention it, again, exactly how much energy does the magic 7mm-08 possess over the .308 at XXX yards and why in HELL does it matter one bit?

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ahhhh... Finally another Campfire member with a brain.

Don't worry Brad, Larry can just sell all his Pirate guns, and since he's so fuggin cool, I'm sure people will be lined up 10 deep and bidding the prices up to the millions. You and I can retire in our late 50's/early 60's and enjoy life, which includes hunting as much as possible.

I couldn't take the mental masturbation anymore. I put Larry on Ignore, and now its just like the 'Fire used to be. There's reasonably intellegent adults exchanging thoughts and ideas in a civilized fashion, and once in a while Scotty says something about hot 'Slavic chicks.

I'm Irish...

Of course I know how to patch drywall
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sorry to interupt, I only wish the 284 Winny would've of made more inroads.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Odd,just minutes ago at Post #2955610 you said(and I quote):

"Funny thing is, if you want to play the Ballistic Minutia game, we could simply define a different criteria as "the shiznit" and make the .308 come out on top. Or the .358 for that matter. Take energy at 75 yards, for instance (hey, YOU mentioned energy first, not me!)."

So I simply opted to incorporate your latest Fantasy and am rather at ease discussing 75yd 7-08 "energy",in extrapolation to your steeped knowledge of it in extraplation to the 308 and 358 findings you've cited in "superiority".

Which is why I said in fairness to "be careful",though you ain't no good at the obvious,or anything else for that matter.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
DumbDan,

I find it curious that you are poweless to refrain boasting your stupidity. Humorous none the less,be sure and muse something about a rifle,boolits or glass...so as to frost the cake.

Love the notion you are gonna wait until you are 60 to start Hunting and rest assured that is well off the mark too.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Nice try, but you missed the whole point.

I was mocking YOU for making a big stink over the fact that the 7mm-08 will carry a little more energy than a .308 at long ranges. I'm also mocking you for making a big stink over the fact that it's marginally "flatter", even though a guy has to spin a turret or use a reticle either way... but that's a different point. One point is plenty to wipe the floor with you.

So try again, O Great One. Why does whatever nominal energy the 7-08 might carry over a .308 even matter?

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Energy is a facet that fascinates window lickers for some reason and they tried to play it as a Trump Card,much earlier in the Thread. Didn't work.

Now is this where you get silent and change the subject,regarding your 7-08,308 and 358 conquests in the flesh and avoid at great length anything dabbling in that realm?!!? I knew it was coming,but figured you'd writhe longer.

Pic yourself a 308 bullet,denote COAL,load particulars and barrel length,opt an elevation that swoons you,factor a sight height and choose an atmosphere you'd like to juggle and I'll happily cram same down your throat. Trouble is,it'll be so easy,so as not to even be THAT much fun.

Do not forget to cite your Critterly conquests and pics associated.

Laffin'

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Look at you flopping like a fish on the deck! TFF.

Your WHOLE POINT as to the supposed superiority of the one over the other was that it shoots a bit flatter, delivers more energy, etc.

So I ask you again, what difference do those things make? Have you EVER killed an animal with your 7-08 that the .308's "less energy" wouldn't have killed? Have you EVER killed an animal with your 7-08 where you spun the turret, where you couldn't have spun it a couple more clicks with a .308?

These are YOUR REASONS for the 7-08 being superior. Defend them, if you can. Hint: you cannot.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
True being true and all, it bears repeating...

My pole-vault over the mouse turds:

-Trajectory differences twixt 7-08 and .308 are a non-issue. Compensation is necessary and easy, either way, out past XXX yards.

-Energy differences twixt the two are even less of an issue.

-Recoil differences twixt the two are a non-issue; if you can shoot one, you can shoot the other.

-They come in the same rifles, so that's a non-issue.

They are very very similar, they do the same thing practically speaking. Flip a damn coin, go hunting. Getting the time off, and $$, and tags, and hunting partners all together is the hard part, not deciding between two nearly identical cartridges.

Either one benefits greatly, by being necked up to .35 and headstamped .358! :-) My .358 was a 7-08 for a half-dozen deer, and has killed a half dozen as a .358. The .358 is mo' betta'.

For anything bigger than deer, I'll use a bigger rifle than a 7-08 or a .308 anyway. Why? Because I can and it makes me happy.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Page 19 of 173 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 172 173

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

527 members (1Akshooter, 1beaver_shooter, 10Glocks, 222Sako, 01Foreman400, 21, 62 invisible), 2,490 guests, and 1,216 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,454
Posts18,489,678
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.