Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 29 of 173 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 172 173
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Larry,

Have a good evening and may GOD be your co-pilot on your flight home. (That ought to get a response out of you ;)).

Prayers sent for you and yours...

HR IC

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
You've thrown in the towel multiple times...but keep hoping I'll hang another pic for you to plagiarize and eek some vicarious satisfactions from.

Mmmmmmm...which one of 1000's to treat you with next? Decisions,decisions. I know,show your landlocked and mightily shortchanged brood what a fish looks like.

Be sure and quantify it with a math lesson,extrapolating the merits of 4380 hours of latitude from which to partake splendors. It'll hurt,but will be a sound Life Lesson.

[Linked Image]

Just might get them out of the house too.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
You've said nothing that refutes my statements. Might as well just barf 'em back you until you do.

'Taint no practical difference between the two- certainly none that YOU'VE managed to articulate (that means: talk good).

Enjoy your amazing, crucial, vital, and yet somehow... minute... fps, ft/lbs, and trajectory differences there bud.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Luckily for the rest of us,your "comprehension" isn't a static barometer of evaluation,other than to do the opposite so as to eek the benefits you espouse.

Good call to sidestep field pics,the 7 year skunk and your difficulty in killing a Deer.

Clean sweep!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by TryMe

Good call to sidestep field pics,the 7 year skunk and your difficulty in killing a Deer.

Clean sweep!

Good call to sidestep the minuteness of the difference in energy, trajectory, velocity, etc... which, ironically, have everything to do with this thread, while your examples above are just a lame attempt at a diversion...

Clean sweep!

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I see the kid still likes her pink, but has ditched them awful-lookin' pink boots she usta wear. Progress.

Ain't that 7mm-08 a kid's gun of some sort? sick

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I repeatedly cited the Physics of the load and it simply isn't subject to dispute,due to the across the course advantages.

I know you are not playing dumb,rather it is simply the hand allotted to you.

Tough break,on all counts.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
So run the numbers on your computer, using your program, for a nice slippery 180-gn 30 caliber bullet at 2700 fps. Should be one with a BC way up in the .5's somewhere; so play fair and use a good one.

That should be doable in a .308. Then tell us all why you think that extra bit of fps, energy, or trajectory matters one bit.

Because, as I said before, if you want to get silly about this (which you already are, so I guess that's a given) we could choose some other metric that makes the 7-08 look not so good.

But let's use what YOU say matters. Explain how that extra MOA or so of elevation can't be spun on a turret. How a couple inches of wind-bucking (at 600 frikkin' YARDS) makes a real difference. How 100-odd ft/lbs of energy are gonna matter to the critter.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
She's rather a fashion plate,for certain and I just stay outta her road.

Stocked properly,a 7-08 is very flexible in regards to the gamut of folks who can drive one well. Do not think that such inherent attributes,are not advantages and appreciated by kids of all ages.

The Tommy Hilfiger blooded,do crack me up,as do the nonchalance.

[Linked Image]

As well as her squeamish nature.

[Linked Image]

Points are always awarded for a purple Boonie. Pardon the pixels.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Jeff, I aint taking sides here, cause I don't care, but the differences, no matter how small, are measurable. For most any practical purposes, they will perform similarly. Use what you want, no-one cares, but he isn't wrong.
I know for a fact that a .300 Weatherby has superior ballistics for big game to a 6mm rem., but I can still kill stuff with the 6mm.
I don't have to be "right" to justify using the cartridge of my choice, no matter the reasons.
To argue with a man who has the physics on his side to justify your preference is just silly.

Democracy is not freedom. Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to eat for lunch. Freedom comes from the recognition of certain rights which may not be taken, not even by a 99% vote.
*Marvin Simkin* L.A. Times (1992)
IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I've shot the 308 from hell to breakfast and needn't guess.

Does loading the 308 down make it more "effective" on Game? Hell,all you gotta do is add more up,hold more wind,hit Critters softer and save on powder.

Though of course,that ain't how the ball bounces,because such things do factor terminal affects...which is how stuff dies reliably dead.

All of which are a great series of unknowns to you,due to your being fraught to suffer your very own "experience". Tough row to hoe,for sure.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Wanna see a grown man cry?

Had a pard headed off to Africa and he was musing bullets for those "long shots",touting his 300Wby with Weatherby's 220RN load. Neither the .300 BC nor paltry 2845fps initial launch,rang any bells. Then we ran the 280(which he also had) through JBM with a myriad of boolits,including the aforementioned 162 for LR giggles.

That .625BC at 2850fps,shines pretty brightly downrange in comparison.(grin)

Don't fret,I got him into reloading and he's gunning a 7WSM now...having had seen the light. Typical conversion,involving LRF,turrets,Re-series propellants,Leupie glass,X's and A-Max's.

Par.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
mcmurph,

Oh, there's no question the 7-08 does what he says it does. That point was conceded a long time ago. Heck... I own (and love) a 7mm-08 and shoot it out to extended ranges.

But here's the deal. TryMe has decided to re-launch himself on the Campfire by staking out the position that the 7mm-08 is somehow so superior to the .308 for general hunting, that it's worth getting all horned up over.

It ain't so, and since he's been an azzhole to me since before I even met him <grin>, I'm calling him on his BS. After all, he and his minions would be ALL OVER someone else claiming that a few fps, a little energy, a little bit of trajectory, was worth getting all excited about.

Right? Right.

:-)

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
JeffDilldO,

You poor dumbbastard,you best get learned up on quite a few more than a whole lotta things.

LINK.

I smell another hasty delete.

Laffin'

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The ignore feature does not help much on threads like this one. Literally wading through pages of "You are ignoreing this user" is tedious. Can see that BS still has not learned to size pictures. Just another decency he withholds.

All the best.

Member of the Merry Band of turdlike People.

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I have been reading these threads for a long time now but have never responded before so hello everyone. I will not begin to argue the ballistics of 7-08 over 308 because there is obviously people on here that understand the science of it better than I.
Since this thread is on "HUNTING RIFLES" lets post "HUNTING" pics of animals killed by each round and decide wich one looks more dead. I have killed quite a few animals and none of them from Oryx to coyote seem to be impressed about BC/SD/FPS.
In the years of guiding I have found that the "HUNTERS" that start spitting out all the ballistic BS. of ther rifles are the hardest ones to hunt with and typically the last in camp to harvest. I look forward to getting to know all of you and learning how to use this dam computer.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
SLM,

Bullets setting on the counter in a box,less movement...are all equal. It is when they start moving,that the differences become stark.

I couldn't say that the dumbest people I know,happen to be the best Hunters.

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Originally Posted by SLM
I have been reading these threads for a long time now but have never responded before so hello everyone. I will not begin to argue the ballistics of 7-08 over 308 because there is obviously people on here that understand the science of it better than I.
Since this thread is on "HUNTING RIFLES" lets post "HUNTING" pics of animals killed by each round and decide wich one looks more dead. I have killed quite a few animals and none of them from Oryx to coyote seem to be impressed about BC/SD/FPS.
In the years of guiding I have found that the "HUNTERS" that start spitting out all the ballistic BS. of ther rifles are the hardest ones to hunt with and typically the last in camp to harvest. I look forward to getting to know all of you and learning how to use this dam computer.

Welcome,there are a lot of good guys here and some good info, if you don't mind wadeing through the BS.

There are no fleas on the 9.3s.
S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Thanks corjack, TRYME, you are going to have to speek english when talking to me I do not understand anything else, that being said you have a very nice collection of rifles and I really do not think any animal is really going to care wich one you shoot him with.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Those that savvy the least about their arm(s),will not bear the most fruit.

Not all bullets are equal,not all chamberings are equal and those stark differences are easy to savvy in the field. Shooting/killing is the easiest facet of the Hunt to have finite control over and I'm perpetually amazed that more do not savvy that constant.

Page 29 of 173 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 172 173

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

544 members (01Foreman400, 1234, 160user, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 1Akshooter, 53 invisible), 2,425 guests, and 1,215 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,463
Posts18,489,835
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.