-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Can you work the action of a 1911 auto, or some other autoloader, with one hand, with it touching nothing but one hand?<BR>Try it like this...(make sure the pistol is empty!!!)<BR>Take the auto in the grip as usual. Quickly release fingers and fling them over the slide, with the thumb still under the hammer area, in one movement.<BR>Now, with the fingers 'walking' upwards to the front sight, grasp the slide by fitting the finger tips over the other side, and squeeze the slide over the grip(with the thumb sliding the grip under the slide), until the action is cocked.<BR>Quickly, with one motion, release the fingers(allowing the slide to return to battery), and re-hold the grip in the usual manner.<BR>You have now worked the action with one hand. <BR>Extra challenge... do this with the Desert Eagle auto, which is very large, and takes more 'sliding' then the 1911, and takes more effort, as the action is quite stout to work anyway. I've done it, many years ago, back in my Mr Olympia wannabe days. ~~~Suluuq

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I take it you don't have cable tv...... [img]images/icons/wink.gif" border="0[/img]<BR>We used to do the same thing when I was in the military. During those long hours of cleaning weapons in the armory, we would take apart and put together various rifles and pistols with our eye's closed just to past the time.

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Rusty-Gunn. Wanted to tell you how impressed I am with your work and materials. Outstanding. In regards to the 1911, there is a way to load it one handed. You simply catch the rear sight on your belt, and push. Angle the muzzle away from you. When the slide reaches the end of it's travel, simply move it away from your belt, and it will load. We used to practice this in case we only had one hand free to get a condition 3 1911 into action, such as in a fight. E

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Operating a istol with one hand does not impress me. Now,rolling a smoke with one hand, that`s impressive.

4pwr
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks, A-A. I was thinking the same thing, and when I read your first line, I spit all over the screen! [img]images/icons/laugh.gif" border="0[/img] <P>Suluuq, I dont got a semi, but I wish I did now. Sounds like it would take some practice, but might be handy in a bad situation.<BR>7mmbuster

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

IC B2

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
That kind of weapon handling with the .45acp 1911 is what caused the USAF to go to .38 revolvers.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
DB, so what are you trying to tell us about USAF personnel? [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] - Sheister

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The Air FORCE got guns?Real ones?

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Another trick we used in the MP's was to turn it 90 degrees in the holster and push down and let up quick. The old flap holsters would lock and load for ya that way.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah.... now that you mention it,.... I did see a couple "barneys" in the air farce walking around the plane we were riding with rifles in their hands. But I knew, that they knew, that we knew....... they weren't REALLY LOADED!

IC B3

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Yes, I'm aware one can jack the action by pressing-holding the slide against something(hip, holster, etc.), but this was just something interesting to try, for those that haven't done it, nor have heard about it. <BR>Try it with a Desert Eagle, dang takes a lot of effort.<BR>Emericus... thanks for the comments on my stuff.<BR>4pr... try undo your honey's bra clip with one hand. Come to think of it, I'll have to try it, too, never having tried it(I actually wonder if its so easy, everyone will laugh at me!). <BR>DB Bill... I wasn't insinuating one should do it in front of the Brass, but do it as an excersize in fun. No harm done by this. ~~~Suluuq

N
N
Rusty-Gun...we are all laughing at you! Bra straps open in the front...and we don't use fingers to open 'em.<P>Nate

I like to ask question as if to make myself appear stupid...that way, I avoid all posibilities of being held responsible!
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Nate... the reason I don't have experience with bra clips, is because Jennifer Love Hewitt doesn't wear one when she comes over. [img]images/icons/laugh.gif" border="0[/img] ~~~Suluuq

I
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I
OK... bra clips and handguns. Whos says they don't mix? Try this with one hand... undo your honey's bra (front loaders are recommended for this excercise), open a beer, roll a smoke, shift gears and answer your cell phone...<P>Good luck and be careful...

INDY
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Alaskanassasan, -- don't you know the Air Farce can't trust lowly airmen with a loaded weapon, they might hurt someone. Now they might trust one with a red button that sends a larger item on the way. -- no

A hint to the wise is sufficient! Experience is the best teacher!
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Nate, there's back-loaders and front-loaders...back loaders are easy to sneak, but front loaders are much more immediate when released! I still try to release my wifes once in awhile, just to remind both of us...but either she's getting quicker, or I'm gettin slower...<P>John

"If a little's good, a lot's better, and way too much is just right!"

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

527 members (219 Wasp, 219DW, 1badf350, 1936M71, 222Sako, 1234, 62 invisible), 2,456 guests, and 1,269 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,440
Posts18,489,455
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.