Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
4pwr Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
A bruha is starting in Michigan. There is momentum gathering for more fed control over Great Lakes water. What does the rest of the country think?

4pwr
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
4pwr, do you have a link to more info? I like to dig alittle, and try to get the facts straight befor I make a decision. My snap judgement is "Aint the feds screwed enough stuff up already?" But, like I said, I like to get the facts.<BR>7mmbuster

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

1B Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
There's a saying "Up North, God made the lakes. Down South, the Democrats did. Who do you think did a better job?"<BR>Except for Lake Michigan, all the other Great Lakes also have substantial Canadian shorelines! If Washington got involved, Ottawa would too! <BR>In ten years, the two bureaucracies could probably cure all the lakes' problems -- like they have poverty, drugs, racial and minority relations, educational declines.... Then we could just blacktop over them and call it a day. 1B

T
T
Like most of us, I usually don't like the feds getting involved in to many things. If you live in the mid-west or north of the boarder, you should like this one. If you live anyplace else in this soon-to-be-water-starved country, you may not be so happy. It's my understanding that rules and treaties are being developed between the US and Canada that would PREVENT the draining of Great Lakes water to other parts of the country. That water may some day be our greatest resource.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Leave it to the Feds to solve a problem that doesn't exist. Draining the Great Lakes would be a nightmare for the region. Look, for the folks that like to live out west, great, but they made the choice. Dont come crying to us because it gets dry out there. if you live in a desert, you can expect that it will be dry a lot of the time. It's like the people that live in Florida or the East coast and then bitch about Hurricanes. You cant have it both ways. <BR>As it is, the Lakes are already near record low levels. You hook up the siphon, and the results will be devistating. I can give them some telephone numbers for some botteled water companys if they are that hard up for water. I am sure that they can help them out. [img]images/icons/laugh.gif" border="0[/img] <BR>Keeb

Don't criticize someone until you have walked a mile in their shoes. That way, your a mile away and you have their shoes.
IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

579 members (1911a1, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 1234, 63 invisible), 2,605 guests, and 1,259 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,718
Posts18,514,202
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.