-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 37 of 173 1 2 35 36 37 38 39 172 173
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Geez JO.....you just dont get it, and whats worse is.......everyone else does! Back out now....shes fixing to flash over on you!

HR IC

H
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by HawkI

Yeah, seriously.

We go over this every so often with a guy who's NEVER used a 224 on deer, yet KNOWS how much a better killer other paper numbers/calibers are.

If Larry thinks so, great he's used both on game/in the field, I haven't (just the 308), so I don't expound.

Simple, yet not for the simple minded...

Just saying if I were the guy entering a pissing match it would be best if I made it out of my diapers first.

If Larry thinks there is a diff, there are plenty who have used both in field and paper to argue with him, even if its silly, and I have a hunch its moot, I'd stay out of it. I'd just be guessing .

battue,
I see your point, but I don't see you in the middle of debates that you don't at least have at least eyewitness account and some experience on.

Someone is correct: Here is a guy always with a keyboard in the middle of these debates, and for the last two years it wasn't Larry?

308 v. 7-08, Personally, I could give at rats azz and would shoot stuff with either, maybe even with some cast loads

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
No, I missed it Steelhead. What am I?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gl4fWdQ0B4&feature=related

Last edited by stxhunter; 04/14/09.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
This whole thread has become: A, B, C, or D.

los�er (lōō'zər)
noun

A. One that fails to win: the losers of the game.

B. One who takes loss in a specified way: a graceful loser; a poor loser.

C. One that fails consistently, especially a person with bad luck or poor skills: "losers at home seeking wealth and glory in undeveloped countries" (Arthur M. Schlesinger, Jr.)

D. One that is bad in quality: That book is a real loser.

My vote is for "D".

Jeff

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
They're never going to answer your "nuanced" question, simpley not in them. They're going to tear you up (cyber wise) while Larry watches and smiles, notice no new posts from him crazy? Larry knows a lot more shiedt than you do or I...period. He's toying with you, and letting his sychophants do his dirty work. Post questions and observations, you'll be fine grin The fishing trip is still an offer on the table grin

Charlie

Last edited by sturgeon; 04/14/09.

IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by AlaskaCub
Geez JO.....you just dont get it, and whats worse is.......everyone else does! Back out now....shes fixing to flash over on you!

JO, thanks for your PM yesterday saying "I'll accept your criticism" when I noted that you were making a dick of yourself as pointed out by AC's post on another thread.

Carry on, you are doing a great job (of making a dick of yourself)

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I answered the question on the first page.

Idiots find solace together, enjoy your fishing trip.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AlaskaCub
Per my previous post......covering my face again!

You're cracking me up.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SamOlson
I just ran out of beer damnit...Gonna have to hike on down the street to the store.

You're married now Sam. Send the wife! smile

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
H
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
H
This gets used all too often, but its always fitting http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fuDDqU6n4o&feature=related

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
That must be why it didn't work....(grin)

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Steelhead

Idiots find solace together,

They do indeed........

Gon fishn'
fer real

Charlie

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
What's funny is you and JO have to lump folks together as one identity (Larry's sycophants) because that is the only why you can be comfortable in your own skin.

What if it there were actually a bunch of different guys with different opinions all telling you that your an idiot? That might mean you are, but if you consider us as one you feel much better in your skin.

I don't nor have I ever stuck up for Larry. I don't agree with all his choices, nor do I pick the way/what he picks because I have my own likes/dislikes. Hell, I don't care what anyone wants to use/likes/dislikes, I only need make myself happy. I've not seen the man be wrong on much when it comes to ballistics and reloading. I don't see him spewing stupid stuff concerning them.

So if you feel comfortable assuming we are all as ONE and that helps you sleep well at night in your little world, good for you.

I realize that some folks couldn't make it through the day if they didn't continually repeat 'Breath in breath out' and they seem to assume that because they can't others suffer the same condition.

Sleep tight and don't worry, you're unique just like everyone else.

I'll leave you with some Thoreau as it seems fitting for the provincial amongst us; "Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them."

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Steely - said the same as I would have. Damned fine post.

Me

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Well said (written) Steelhead

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Steelhead
What's funny is you and JO have to lump folks together as one identity (Larry's sycophants) because that is the only why you can be comfortable in your own skin.
fair nuff but seems ironic givin' yer idgits quote...., love Thoreau, kinda cuts thru the bullsidt and backatcha

[/quote] "Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them."[/quote]

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Sleep well

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Steelhead the poet. I like it.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
My pole-vault over the mouse turds:

-Trajectory differences twixt 7-08 and .308 are a non-issue. Compensation is necessary and easy, either way, out past XXX yards.

-Energy differences twixt the two are even less of an issue.

-Recoil differences twixt the two are a non-issue; if you can shoot one, you can shoot the other.

-They come in the same rifles, so that's a non-issue.

They are very very similar, they do the same thing practically speaking. Flip a damn coin, go hunting. Getting the time off, and $$, and tags, and hunting partners all together is the hard part, not deciding between two nearly identical cartridges.

Either one benefits greatly, by being necked up to .35 and headstamped .358! :-) My .358 was a 7-08 for a half-dozen deer, and has killed a half dozen as a .358. The .358 is mo' betta'.

For anything bigger than deer, I'll use a bigger rifle than a 7-08 or a .308 anyway. Why? Because I can and it makes me happy.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Just when I think I got 'im figured out, Old Steelie whips out a dose of Thoreau, for the love of Criminy!

Didn't know you had it in ya!

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

Page 37 of 173 1 2 35 36 37 38 39 172 173

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

535 members (10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 1Akshooter, 222Sako, 01Foreman400, 21, 53 invisible), 2,436 guests, and 1,206 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,455
Posts18,489,729
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.