-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 62 of 173 1 2 60 61 62 63 64 172 173
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Last edited by TheBigSky; 04/19/09. Reason: Changed my mind.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
HR IC

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
laugh
I HAVE had too much B12...signing off..
Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I always ask "What would Christ do"

'Christ' isn't allowed any firearms.

He does have a new pellet gun though. I visited with him on Friday for a few hours.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Grow up.........

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
It sounded better coming from Maser.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Damn you guys are mean.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
[Linked Image]

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by RickF

Yeah, sure...scroll past it, ignore, whatever... In the past month the garbage has had more volume than the conversations. It gets old, for most of us I'm sure, scrolling past endless pages of drivel to find some content worth reading.

Show the site some respect, and other posters some class and maturity.

It's called the Big Stick Effect--and there are always some who take him too serious..........both the critics and defenders......

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Damn you guys are mean.

laugh laugh laugh

Ruthless, ain't they?....... grin

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Not playing that game OCC. Coming back to fundamental points, he should not have gone there anymore than Paul should have. Trying to determine primacy of insults would require effort. I have seen lots of stuff thrown by lots of parties and only the last one matters when it crosses lines.

Further, there may have been something I said about it at the time...

Regardless what came before, his line was out of line...
YMMV
art

Sitka,

You are generally a pillar of respect and honest info on the Campfire, but you hammered Jeff when he didn't start it. And when somebody else says it, and it comes back in spades, I wouldn't be so quick on the trigger.

Jeff says a lot of roll-your-eyes kind of stuff here, but he doesn't start out attacking somebody else--he responds to attacks--that's an IMPORTANT difference.

If you're gonna hammer Jeff, then Paul deserves it too--if you are going to criticize where criticism is due........

Casey

Casey

Having said that, MAGA.
IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by WGM
you guys are silly ...

I just pick up whatever rifle/chambering I feel like, and shoot it ...

Of course, Yoda trained me a while, and I simply use the force to guide the bullet to the exact spot I want it to impact, and then use the force yet again to control when, and how much, it expands upon impact with the animal ...

soooo much easier than even using turrets and an LRF ...

laugh laugh laugh

You too, eh?...... grin

Casey

Casey

Having said that, MAGA.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by huskyrunnr
[Linked Image]

Sam, not to doubt your word... but that doesn't LOOK like a pellet gun... then again the pic might not have been taken on Friday...
Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[quote] Sam, not to doubt your word... but that doesn't LOOK like a pellet gun.../quote]

I dunno ... but it shoots lotsa pellets!!! smile

George
Associate Gypsy
Order of Sleepless Knights

Originally Posted by GOD
... That is when I carried you ...
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Casey
First of all, I am no longer a moderator, so my comments are mine and do not reflect on Rick beyond the fact he remains a good friend, fishing and hunting buddy, and all around good guy for putting up with us.

When you suggest I did not say anything to Paul when it happened you just might be very wrong...

When it happened way back there may very well have been all sorts of discussions and Jeff may have had his feelings hurt. He should have known exactly where that line is.

This entire thread added nothing, particularly Jeff's efforts to open old wounds.

And thanks for the kind words, it is much appreciated.
art

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Art,

That quote was from a comment that Paul Walukewicz made to ME. And no, you are not remembering an apology from him because there was none.

Your hypocrisy is evident and then some. You hammered me pretty good when you thought I said it. Now that you know HE said it, it's just "kumbaya, brutha!" between you two as you pat each other's back. Cute.

I contacted him in PM's at the time, to give him the chance to man up, but the best he came up with was something about how it was a shot at me, not my mother.

I ask the members of the fire, what would YOU do if someone said that about your mother? And what did I do? I didn't blow up publically (go click the link), I contacted him in PM's to sort it out, and even after he stuck to his guns, I let it go.

That doesn't mean I forgot it, or that I won't drag it out every now and then to remind the world what a classless lowlife he is. HE HAS EARNED THAT FROM ME. And, as I said then, it will give he and I something to talk about should we ever meet face to face.

I absorb a nearly endless series of hits from about a half-dozen guys around here. For the most part, I have learned to ignore it or make fun of it and move on. Occasionally it amuses me to hit them back. It's always, ALWAYS pretty damn hilarious to me that then (and only then) have the usual holier-than-thou's, such as Sitka Deer, come out and accuse me of degrading the Campfire.

Where are they, and where are you Sitka Deer, when the half-dozen guys, and we all know who they are, degrade the Campfire with their never-ending bombardment of crapola? Where's your clucking tongue?

As to the debate at hand, Shane's load functionally matches Larry's load out to insane distances, while delivering more energy, frontal area, bullet weight, and yes, more recoil. There are actions that don't share the M700's mag length issues -nobody specified we were only talking about M700's here- and for that matter, you can always single-load a round if you are about to pop a cap at some ungodly distance at a game animal anyway. "You'll have time". I'm granting TryMe's 2700 fps (in a 2.8 OAL, TryMe??) even though neither of my 7-08's would TOUCH that speed. And EVEN IF you take 50 fps off Shane's load due to losing some powder because you shorten the OAL, it's from a 20.5" barrel. Add in some barrel length and you'd get that 50-ish fps right back. And EVEN IF you don't, the load still behaves functionally the same. Identically skilled riflemen behind identically accurate rifles would hit within less than of inch of each other at 600 yards.

Dude... dudes <g>... if that's not the very definition of cartridges that are identical for practical purposes, then what is?

Something very disturbing, if you are a Big Stick accolyte, happened on this thread... and they are out for blood, and will be for a while, as payback. Just sayin'.

Last edited by Jeff_O; 04/20/09.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jeff_O

Occasionally it amuses me to hit them back.

Except you've been striking back with an extremely limp wrist.
That's what you're not seeing here Jeff. If you look closely, there's a forest through those trees. Might start by quitting the "tubby fifth-grade girl that just wants to be liked" routine.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I think the hysteria TryMe and his guys showed, as the besodden debate continued and it became obvious that, "Holy Crap, Jeff is right! He's showing up Larry under terms that LARRY DEFINED!" would tend to disprove your thinkin' there.

But whatever. I came back to this thread because Art was pulling such a quick little turnaround that I was a'feared he'd get whiplash. Wanted to make sure his head was all the way back on straight <g>. I'm done with this thread, save for correcting gross misrepresentations of my character, should they arise (what are the chances of THAT?!).

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Your shoulder must be double jointed to be able to pat yourself on the back so much.

The limerick thread was funny too.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Can someone please summarize the last 28 pages so I don't have to read thru all of them? smile

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by SD300
Can someone please summarize the last 28 pages so I don't have to read thru all of them? smile

SD300,

Sure: the 7mm-08 is better than a 308? no, it's not.
Yes, it is. Not. Is so. Not.......lather, rise and repeat; then some ballistic minutia, some pic's of dead critters, Alaskan natives in ceremonial garb; then a few more insults later; here we are.

I think that covers it...

Page 62 of 173 1 2 60 61 62 63 64 172 173

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

514 members (219DW, 219 Wasp, 1badf350, 1936M71, 222Sako, 1234, 61 invisible), 2,458 guests, and 1,272 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,441
Posts18,489,474
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.