Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rrroae
� I'm thinking Hannity will cry like a little girl after 20-25 secs. �

And I'm confident that all our Campfire stoics who predict early collapse and panic by Hannity et alii would of course be unfazed by any length of time of subjection to such aqueous entertaiment. And I suspect that anyone who's suffered for several days with a transient kidney stone without crying will be able to handle it with only an occasional squirm and groan.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

GB1

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
Oh yes, I think we should treat those murderous thugs that hate us and our country as if they were guests at a family reunion.

Let's not go to war ever again, let's just play patty-cake no matter what.

WHUT?
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Old Center Church,
It makes me sick when terroist killed 3000 Americans in the Twin Towers, it makes me sick that they kill American boys daily...It does not make me sick when a terroist is waterboarded. It bothers me that our soldiers are water boarded during training so they will know what its like, and you have the audacity to say it makes you sick that we use these harmless methods of torture, that we impose on our own people.. ..

It makes me even sicker to hear you liberals post about it with such holier than thou BS... I wonder if your children or grandchildren were being blown into chunks, your churches blown to smithereens, road bombs going off daily, what you would do..I can tell you what you will do, you will whine, piss down your yellow leg, and cry all cuddled up in the fetal position and whistle "who'd a thought it" and beg the boys doing the waterboarding and the killing for you to save save your sorry ass....

That is what makes me sick...

I will tell you that I am a Christain, and I go to church every Sunday, and I believe in God and Jesus Christ, and I know right from wrong but I don't hide behind the pulpit and use that as an excuse to allow anyone to attack and kill my countrymen and put my country into a state of fear, never have and never will..You sir, and all like you should be ashamed of yourselves and pay a visit to Arlington. It makes me sick that many died for someone like yourself..

Last edited by atkinson; 04/24/09.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by nemesis
However, if it is thought a prisoner has strategic information that could help to save American lives, ANY means whatsoever should be employed to obtain it from him.

Used to be that you pro-torture folks advocated it only in situations where a prisoner had information that would save American lives. Then it was situations where a prisoner might have information that would save American lives. Now it's situations where a prisoner might have information that could save American lives.

You see this progression?

Although you don't realize it, you're already at the point where you're giving the State permission to torture anyone at any time for any reason...except when it comes for you, of course. When you protest that you're protected against torture by the Eighth Amendment, the response will be, "How are we to know that you don't have information that could save American lives? You're in favor of torture in such situations, correct? We'd better torture you just in case."

You DHAGRs are approving torture by the State at a time when the State is controlled by Democrats in general and Obama in particular.

[shakes head]

I'm surprised I lived to see the day.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ever heard of Laurence Vance? You should read some of his stuff.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
IC B2

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Barak,
You really wouldn't like Idaho....it would be a dangerous place for you to live talking like that..These folks are just way to far right for you, unless you lived in Sun Valley where you could smoke dope, and marry you brother...:)

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by atkinson
Barak,
You really wouldn't like Idaho....it would be a dangerous place for you to live talking like that..These folks are just way to far right for you, unless you lived in Sun Valley where you could smoke dope, and marry you brother...:)

Before long, everywhere in America will be a dangerous place to advocate liberty or dissent against the State. I guess Idaho is just ahead of the curve.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
how do i sign up. i'll go for $100 a second.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
B
BMT Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by ringworm

No problem.

Just come to Oregon and I will arrange for you to be water-boarded.

Bring $200. . . . . . . . whistle

BMT

Last edited by BMT; 04/24/09.

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by BMT
Originally Posted by ringworm

No problem.

Just come to Oregon and I will arrange for you to be water-boarded.

Bring $200. . . . . . . . whistle

BMT

Oh come on. Get real here. You going to beat him with a sledgehammer in his solar plexis while doing the waterboarding? Yeah, it's not the same as just holding your breath ... but I think a little 5yr old girl could beat 2 seconds.

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Barak
You said a mouthful there. Me too. Never would have thought it could happen in America, but it unfolded right before my eyes.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
RRROAE - " Too bad we couldn't waterboard both of the windbags. Be more entertaining than listening to either of their drivel."

If you're able to comprehend what that little button on your teeeveee or radio that reads "OFF," means, you don't have to listen to their drivel. wink

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Waterboardings too tough on'em. I'm thinking more like fire ants,perhaps some of our Alaska folks could help out a redneck? chicken livers or pig blood?

Bangflop! another skinning job due to .260 and proper shot placement.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RickyD

I'm sure you are one too. I don't know if you have any children, a wife, or a mom and dad, but if you do and if they were buried with an hour or two of air left and you had the opportunity to question the person who knew exactly where they were, it's my guess you would do ANYTHING you could to rescue them. Add to that, this scumbag had raped, beat, and abused them in nearly everyway imaginable, and enjoyed every second of it.

But maybe not. Maybe you are of such impecible moral standards that you would let your bleeding dying loved ones suffocate to death rather do whatever it took to get the location from their abuser. If you truly are, you are the only one I know.

You're using the Jack Bauer argument that somehow we might have an enemy combatant or terrorist who has knowledge of an imminent attack on our country.

Problem is, this isn't tv and that likelihood is extremely rare at best. What that argument does do is give the govt the pretext to make torture an accepted method of interrogation for whomever they feel could be a threat under the guise, "what if we find that one in a million scenario".

Maybe your fine given our govt the power to torture under circumstances they see fit. Me, I'm of the mind once you open that door for our govt, they'll continue to argue for all kinds of scenarios torture is necessary until they're doing it to our own citizens under some broad definition of a possible threat.

No thank you.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
That Olbermann strikes me as a very bitter person. Is he hateful by nature, or is it because no one watches his show?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by atkinson
Old Center Church,
It makes me sick when terroist killed 3000 Americans in the Twin Towers, it makes me sick that they kill American boys daily...It does not make me sick when a terroist is waterboarded. It bothers me that our soldiers are water boarded during training so they will know what its like, and you have the audacity to say it makes you sick that we use these harmless methods of torture, that we impose on our own people.. ..

It makes me even sicker to hear you liberals post about it with such holier than thou BS... I wonder if your children or grandchildren were being blown into chunks, your churches blown to smithereens, road bombs going off daily, what you would do..I can tell you what you will do, you will whine, piss down your yellow leg, and cry all cuddled up in the fetal position and whistle "who'd a thought it" and beg the boys doing the waterboarding and the killing for you to save save your sorry ass....

That is what makes me sick...

I will tell you that I am a Christain, and I go to church every Sunday, and I believe in God and Jesus Christ, and I know right from wrong but I don't hide behind the pulpit and use that as an excuse to allow anyone to attack and kill my countrymen and put my country into a state of fear, never have and never will..You sir, and all like you should be ashamed of yourselves and pay a visit to Arlington. It makes me sick that many died for someone like yourself..

What makes me sick are people who can't see 2 feet in front of their face or they'd realize giving a government this type of power is extremely dangerous.

With all the cases of govt abuse and ineptitude, you'd figure most would be just a little leery of handing over such power to those in authority.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
College hazing in Dad's day � and the old Navy rituals for crossing the line � would make water-boarding look like a game for kids at recess.

Dad's fraternity would position a goat with its tail-up ass near a pledge's face, blind-fold the pledge, then make him kiss the freshly licked, flexed, hairy elbow of a burly senior member. (Imagine a muslim who's convinced that he's about to have his face jammed into the ass of a pig.)

Another initiation stunt comprised tying one end of a stout cord to a pledge's penis and the other end to an unabridged dictionary, then dropping the dictionary down the stair-well from the third floor to the first floor. The result was usually anguish until the dictionary landed with plenty of slack still in the line.

Usually � until the day when a snarl in the line stopped the dictionary before it hit the floor far below.

Seems to me that a few old-time college boys or salty old tars could modify old hazing pranks into interrogation techniques that would loosen the tongue of a marble statue.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
You said a mouthful there. Me too. Never would have thought it could happen in America, but it unfolded right before my eyes.

I'm not surprised that it happened--it has to happen eventually, if the existence of the State is to continue. But I am surprised, and embarrassed, that the pussification of my countrymen has proceeded to the point where they are in large numbers this vulnerable to the State's fearmongering intellectuals in my generation.

Notice also how the propagandists have managed to define this craven groveling submission before the State's usurpations as courageous, and dissent against it as cowardice. That is something I certainly would never have foreseen. War is peace, freedom is slavery, ignorance is strength.

I'm reminded of that line from Star Wars Revenge of the Sith: "So this is how freedom dies: to thunderous applause."

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

I'm not surprised that it happened--it has to happen eventually, if the existence of the State is to continue. But I am surprised, and embarrassed, that the pussification of my countrymen has proceeded to the point where they are in large numbers this vulnerable to the State's fearmongering intellectuals in my generation.

Notice also how the propagandists have managed to define this craven groveling submission before the State's usurpations as courageous, and dissent against it as cowardice. That is something I certainly would never have foreseen. War is peace, freedom is slavery, ignorance is strength.

I'm reminded of that line from Star Wars Revenge of the Sith: "So this is how freedom dies: to thunderous applause."
Exactly!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by nemesis
However, if it is thought a prisoner has strategic information that could help to save American lives, ANY means whatsoever should be employed to obtain it from him.

Used to be that you pro-torture folks advocated it only in situations where a prisoner had information that would save American lives. Then it was situations where a prisoner might have information that would save American lives. Now it's situations where a prisoner might have information that could save American lives.

You see this progression?

Although you don't realize it, you're already at the point where you're giving the State permission to torture anyone at any time for any reason...except when it comes for you, of course. When you protest that you're protected against torture by the Eighth Amendment, the response will be, "How are we to know that you don't have information that could save American lives? You're in favor of torture in such situations, correct? We'd better torture you just in case."

You DHAGRs are approving torture by the State at a time when the State is controlled by Democrats in general and Obama in particular.

[shakes head]

Barak,

I know that you are not stupid, so I can only interpret your mis-characterization of my remarks as being malicious.......

Instead of cherry picking a line or two out of someone's post and quoting it out of context so you can make a point that supports one of your half baked ideas ( a favorite tactic of yours by the way) why don't you quote the entire post so others here can see how devious and petty you are.

For those of you in Rio Linda, my comments about extracting information from prisoners related only to those individuals captured on the battlefield (as I clearly stated in my post) and were based on the premise that during an armed conflict the military (not the state as BOBO Barak would lead you to believe) should use whatever means possible to glean the maximum amount of strategic info it can from the enemy.

Thas all..........

Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

683 members (160user, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 1234, 19rabbit52, 71 invisible), 3,310 guests, and 1,391 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,432
Posts18,528,577
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.