Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
The guy who broke the egg is a Highpower competitor, particularly vicious in prone matches! He did that with one of his F-class prone rifles, but I don't remember which one. Heck of a shot...

GB1

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Predator Masters have a yearly hunt in Globe AZ, with a shooting competition that uses eggs set on golf tees, they provide the shooting sticks, no bench allowed. The shoot starts at 100 and goes to 300 yards. This years winner got a nice AR as the prize.

Where's the beer??
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well eggs are indeed messy and and golf balls cost to damn much money ok. So I myself like the idea of the clay birds the best and they don't smell either.

Thank Our Veterans!
GOD Bless Them All

UNIONS BUILDING AMERICA, SALUTE ALL THE UNION TRADESMAN

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Golfballs are cheap when someone else owns them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MApJnyk1PV8

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I play golf and almost always find a lost ball or two. If it's a Nike or Titleist Pro-V1x, I'll play it. But anything else goes into my junker barrel. I have a two-gallon bucket full of 'em.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Been finding a ton of Noodles lately. Can't seem to find a single Taylormade Burner ball. For all the hype I would think some duffers round here hit them.

Me

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
That's because it's a horrible ball unless you have "tour" swing speed - and control. For the average duffer, the Noodle is a MUCH better ball.

But either one is fine for Wyoming Golf! (So are those bags of "swimmers" you can buy at deep discount at most mart-marts.)

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Are YOU the guys that make the messes at my range?
I used to volunteer for range clean-up man duties for the months of January-February-March of each year.
This "volunteering" got me the indignity of cleaning up all the crap folks brought to our range and had fun shooting - it seemed like the shooters enjoyed shooting everything BUT paper targets!
I hauled off and picked up every imagineable type of electronic device including numerous TV's, refrigerators, microwaves, computers, grandfather clocks, automobile radios (lots of those!), stereo components and on and on!
Then there were the bowling ball shooters!
Bowling balls shatter into many small sharp pieces when shot with high power Rifles! Same for golf balls - seems they get shot but NEVER picked up!
And the bowling pins - those things turn to large splinters and empty plastic forms after a few dozen hits!
Pain in the rump these are to pick up.
Then there are the car part shooters"!
I have seen every imagineable car part from doors to transmissions to engine blocks shot at our range!
These are no fun to clean up!
Then there are the grocery shooters!
I have seen every imagineable piece of food shoot up at our range - including eggs, watermelons, cantaloupe, formerly frozen meats (including packages of hamburger!), chickens, turkeys, cakes, potatoes, tomatoes and various other vegetables!
Then there are the container shooters who relish shooting glass gallon jugs, glass beer bottles, glass pop bottles right along with the fill it with water, shoot it and make it explode types!
I finally had to quit that bit of volunteerism as it simply was a never ending chore.
I wish folks would not shoot ANYTHING at their ranges that is not a paper target - this includes shot shells, clay pigeons, golf balls, pieces of iron and the like!
Put up an armor gong and fire at that for effect - if need be, everything but paper targets gets splintered and pieced and makes a mess!
I know of one range in Montana that has a "dynamite shoot" and I would not like to clean up after that one - it would be like looking for unexploded land mines!
Have fun at your ranges but cleaning up of anything but paper targets is a chore that seems to always get left to someone else.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
wow

jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Varmintguy

I feel much the same, but I do like reactive targets. I found one which does not attract insects like shooting at food does, and it is also completely biodegradable.

I shoot charcoal! For uniform targets (e.g. a competition between several guys), charcoal briquettes.

For a wide range of sizes ranging from huge to too small to hit: regular charcoal.

John

IC B3

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Why would you need to clean up clay targets? LOL. I agree with not shooting trash but come on. Heck paper targets make a mess also. And finding those little staples on the ground is damm hard once they hit the ground.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Our range allows any fun target except glass. People are SUPPOSED to clean up after themselves, but apparently not many of them bring their Mommy along with them.

Yes, cleanup at the end of the year is a chore.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Have only been to one range that had restrictions as to what you could shoot. And bassically it was just that they had to be on target stands. Dunno why but that annoyed me.

The closer range has restrictions on glass but everything else is good to go. Just supposed to clean up your stuff.

Probly why I shoot everywhere but the range unless absolutley necessary. I'm there to shoot. I'm going to shoot what I want to shoot at,and not to get preached to by somebody with a R.O. magnet on the side of thier truck.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Are YOU the guys that make the messes at my range?
VarmintGuy

Exactly why I like paint balls. Pull your paper targets and the paint and plastic residue goes away with the first rain. Cheaper than clay birds and again, no mess. They still give a satisfying splat when hit, provide a somewhat challenging target at a hundred yards for those who shoot at ranges where a hundred is as far as you can shoot. But that is just my opinion and my opinions are not well thought of around here.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
We would do clays at 100 with 22's.

As a kid every Saturday we would head to the local dump and shoot all day at everything. Best was 1/2 empty jars of food that had been cooking a bit in the sun or big old school cabinet TV tubes.

2 kids, 12 and 10 on quads with a bag full of 22 shells and Rugers slung across the back and no one paid much attention.

Me

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
We got bored shooting ren eggs so we started shooting golfballs, that was not much of a challenge either until we started shooting them while they were in flight.

Proud to be an American
United States Marine

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Over forty years ago I lived near a country club, real fancy place. I discovered I could walk through the storm sewer to an opening at the base of a hill on one of the fairways. I had a junk 410 pump shotgun. Enough said.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Cold Case, all I got to say is that when people start talking about hitting golf balls at 300 yards with their rifles, they best have a real tack driver and some high end glass on that dimple shooter.

Thank Our Veterans!
GOD Bless Them All

UNIONS BUILDING AMERICA, SALUTE ALL THE UNION TRADESMAN

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Not much different than taking sage rats at 400+ yards and I have done that many times. Decent rifle well tuned to quality loads and true gun control will do the job. Oh and three more things, practice, practice, and more practice.

S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by ColdCase1984
That is fantastic shooting. Are y'all using benchrest rifles or regular hunting guns?

I am personally using varmint rifles... 22 calibers...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

80 members (35, 10gaugemag, anothergun, 44automag, 7 invisible), 800 guests, and 778 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,845
Posts18,517,387
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.