Campfire Kahuna
V
'Bout time you and I found something to agree upon again.......... wink

HR IC

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
He needs to post it.

That's just how it is.

Says who?? Is it written somewhere?? Terms of use contract with 24HCF??

George
Associate Gypsy
Order of Sleepless Knights

Originally Posted by GOD
... That is when I carried you ...
H
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by FVA
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
What?

I'm not sparring with you guys.

TryMe made a big stink, based on the performance of a load that he won't post.

He needs to post it.

That's just how it is.

Hornady,Ram Shot, and Hodgdon all have data for 2700+ with bare 162/160's. Just because you can't obtain published velocities don't hold it against the 7mm-08 or 2 inches of barrel.

That's more like it. Something J.O. can just read and say its so.

He don't like real world dope or loads; offends his intellect....

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
... and yet, simple as it is, TryMe won't post his load.

I could care less what reloading books say, for two reasons. First, since when are the speeds in the manuals achievable? I have loaded for close to 20 centerfire rifles. ONE of those will routinely get book speeds with book charges of powder. ONE. And that one has a Pac-Nor Supermatch barrel on it. The rest vary from 50 to as much as 200 fps under "book" speeds.

Second, I suspect the particulars of TryMe's load will be such that most people wouldn't even want to run it. You want to run my .358 load that's 6 grains over Nosler's published max? Didn't think so.

So spare me the [bleep]' lecture on what loading manuals say. I want to see TryMe's "real world" load that delivers 2700 fps from a 22" factory barrel and can be loaded in the magazine.

As luck would have it, I have a 22" 7-08 waiting eagerly to try said load.

I suspect his load is ridiculously overpressure, over a COAL that will fit most rifle's mag wells, or both. All of which bears directly on the topic at hand. But we don't know, because he's not being straight up about this.

You can't just make as much noise about a load as Larry has here, and then refuse to post it. It just... stinks to high heaven.

TryMe, post your load!

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
A 2700 fps 162-gn load from my 7-08 would be a game changer.

Try R-P hulls, moly 162 A-max seated to 2.825", 41.5 gr. RL-15.

Try it, and see.

Jeff, I know you're a realtor, and thus the obvious might (often) escape you, but many have posted this load.

If you used the damned search feature, you'd find Larry's load.

Of course, if you did that, or tried the load offered by many (and reckon where they got it?) then you'd have to STFU.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Sean, I know you are an (almost) lawyer, so the obvious might often escape you, but Larry has not posted his load. OTHER people have posted what they think MIGHT be his load, or tossed out extrapolations from loading books. I'm not interested in trying a bunch of random stuff that OTHER people are pimping; I could go to a loading manual and do that for myself.

I want to try TryMe's load.

TryMe, post your load.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Not gonna wade through JO self fellatio - but can anyone show me where Larry specifically said "stock mag and factory barrel" Just knowing him as I do - doube he woulda said that.

Me

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Sean, I know you are an (almost) lawyer, so the obvious might often escape you, but Larry has not posted his load. OTHER people have posted what they think MIGHT be his load, or tossed out extrapolations from loading books. I'm not interested in trying a bunch of random stuff that OTHER people are pimping; I could go to a loading manual and do that for myself.

I want to try TryMe's load.

TryMe, post your load.

It isn't conjecture or a guess. Considering the people and man in question - they are posting his load as given to them by him. Ain't too hard to see because I've only seen that load posted by him on no less than 3 separate bulletin boards.

Last edited by teal; 04/27/09.

Me

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Actually, he has posted the load before; many times, and predating you by a long shot. Search function works [bleep]' wonders.

BTW - you missed with the "almost" jab as well. Par for the course.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Larry has not posted his load.

Sure 'bout that?

Originally Posted by Big Stick
40.5grs Re-15,Lapua hulls,CCI 200's,moly 162 kissin' lands.
2700fps via 22" tube.......

Took me all of 15 seconds to find...

IC B3

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Oh, and Jeff, QL gives that load about 59.5k PSI. Under SAAMI max.

Dumbass.

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
And, the 1 gr. variance in "the load" is accounted for in COAL and capacity of the brass. Lapua is less capacious than R-P.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The load FOsteology is posting, of course, is different than the one that VAnimrod was saying was "the one". And that's the problem here. Laffin'.

TryMe, post your load!

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
VAnimrod, you gonna go all colliquial on us and start talking like Big Stick here... or do you only do that when he's not around? Just wondering how the whole idol-worship thing works.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
And, the 1 gr. variance in "the load" is accounted for in COAL and capacity of the brass. Lapua is less capacious than R-P.

BINGO

JO - learn to fuggin read. Lapua does not equal R-P as much as you like to think it might.

Me

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Different due to type of brass used. If you use R/P up it a grain.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
... and yet, simple as it is, TryMe won't post his load.

I could care less what reloading books say, for two reasons. First, since when are the speeds in the manuals achievable? I have loaded for close to 20 centerfire rifles. ONE of those will routinely get book speeds with book charges of powder. ONE. And that one has a Pac-Nor Supermatch barrel on it. The rest vary from 50 to as much as 200 fps under "book" speeds.

Second, I suspect the particulars of TryMe's load will be such that most people wouldn't even want to run it. You want to run my .358 load that's 6 grains over Nosler's published max? Didn't think so.

So spare me the [bleep]' lecture on what loading manuals say. I want to see TryMe's "real world" load that delivers 2700 fps from a 22" factory barrel and can be loaded in the magazine.

As luck would have it, I have a 22" 7-08 waiting eagerly to try said load.

I suspect his load is ridiculously overpressure, over a COAL that will fit most rifle's mag wells, or both. All of which bears directly on the topic at hand. But we don't know, because he's not being straight up about this.

You can't just make as much noise about a load as Larry has here, and then refuse to post it. It just... stinks to high heaven.

TryMe, post your load!

Perhaps he doesn't suffer fools? Not sayin' you are such, just a suggestion.

Maybe (hint) it has been posted already.

If a guy ranted about someone posting a load, for what seems like a hundred posts, that had already been posted: some might view him in a manner even lower than prior.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." TJ

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing". EB

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This is retarded. The 40.5gr/Lapua brass load is Stick's. Everybody knows that. I imagine he withheld it now just to see how high the flames would get.

Now with even more aplomb
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
The load FOsteology is posting, of course, is different than the one that VAnimrod was saying was "the one". And that's the problem here. Laffin'.

TryMe, post your load!

You missed this part (go friggin' figure). Brass capacity will make a difference, as will COAL. I.e. a more capacious case (R-P) and a longer COAL (2.825" vs, say, 2.800") will dictate a slightly greater powder charge being within pressure max.

Again, dumbass.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Both loads are Stick's. Just depends upon which brass one utilizes...

Page 79 of 173 1 2 77 78 79 80 81 172 173

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

547 members (1234, 219 Wasp, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 1Akshooter, 01Foreman400, 57 invisible), 2,441 guests, and 1,185 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,457
Posts18,489,764
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.