Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 82 of 173 1 2 80 81 82 83 84 172 173
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
I don't want a bunch of other people's take on his load; that means nothing. I want to give HIS LOAD a run in my factory 22" 7mm-08.

You're not making any sense to me JO....

He HAS provided it..... more than once, spanning multiple Forums over the past 3+ years. It's right there on the Internet in black and white... Do a search for yourself.
And regarding other peoples "take on the load"..... where do you think most of them got it from?

What's so hard to understand??????

HR IC

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

VA,

1. He who posts that he has a load that does XXX, shall be willing to post the particulars of that load. To proceed under any other arrangement, would be nutless.

2. Nope. I can work up to his load in my rifle and shoot it over a chrono. That's what he's afraid of, BTW, and you are too. And I would bet money, I can out-shoot YOU.

3. Nope. I'm no expert, I say that often. But I shoot (my own loads) a LOT, have been doing it for a decade, have built rifles, loaded many many thousands of rounds for them, set goals (such as learning to shoot at longer ranges), then applied the effort needed to achieve them. I make no claims at being an expert, but you are flat-out wrong if you think I'm a "noob".

4. So where is Larry now that it's time to back up his words, with the data on the load?

And Sean, I asked you for 10mm advice as an attempt to reach out to you, not because I really give a rip what you use. Sorry. I wouldn't have said that, but you asked for it.

5. I have no doubt that Larry is a better hunter and rifleman than I am. Never said otherwise. Doesn't make him right 100%, though. In fact, experts are notorious for digging into a position regardless of the facts at hand, which he has done in this case.

The reason I've been awarded that crown is because I'm willing and able to debate the sorry likes of you and Steelhead into the dirt, and it drives you nuts, so you get your jollies by calling names like a bunch of kindergartners.

Laffin'....

Originally Posted by VAnimrod
Jeff_O;

You are, quite simply, a laughing stock.

A few facts escape you:

1). Larry's load(s) are posted; you're just too [bleep] dumb to see or find that.

2). Larry, and many others, can do what you can't.

3). You, basically, have absolutely no experience (first hand) to be questioning anything; at best, you're a noob.

4). Larry has offered advice, proven in the field, for free for years because he can and will; you can offer nothing. Case in point: how many times have you PMed me or someone else foe load/ammunition advice? I can think of several. I can personally vouch for Larry responding in kind for the same advice when I asked him for it, and it's been spot on. You'd be about the last I'd ever consider asking, simply because you don't know schit and are too stupid to grasp it.

5). There are quite a few that have hunted and shot with Larry, and many others he has extended the offer to (unsolicited), that can vouch for what he can do; you would basically have to pay someone to go with you, as they'd be teaching you.

There's a reason you've been awarded the crown as the biggest outdoor/internet dumbphuck on another site: it has/had nothing to do with anyone else; you just flat out earned it.

Hopefully, this sums it up for ya, though I highly [bleep]' doubt it.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by FOsteology
I don't want a bunch of other people's take on his load; that means nothing. I want to give HIS LOAD a run in my factory 22" 7mm-08.

You're not making any sense to me JO....

He HAS provided it..... more than once, spanning multiple Forums over the past 3+ years. It's right there on the Internet in black and white... Do a search for yourself.
And regarding other peoples "take on the load"..... where do you think most of them got it from?

What's so hard to understand??????

FO, you are a reasonable and intelligent man. What is your take, then, as to why he won't post the load now?

I don't want to go fishing and searching the fargin' internet. He and I have locked horns on this thread. He makes a claim. I am asking him to provide ALL OF US the data to even just evaluate the claim. And yet, he has avoided that like it was poison.

Now, there are many possible explanations, but by far the most plausible is that it's a ridiculously over-book load that won't fit in standard magazines. That, my friend, would be a major DING against his position in this stupid debate that I don't even really care about. grin So, I want HIM to post his load, so that HE can be liable for the consequences of basing HIS hypothesis on that load.

The particulars of the load that I advanced my side of things are in public view for anyone to pick apart, debate, etc. That's only fair. Does that not matter around here?

He needs to man up, stop posting pictures of fish and trees, and back up his claims. And I'll spend the money (which I'm not exactly rolling in right now) to try his schit out.

I am being MORE than fair here.

Last edited by Jeff_O; 04/27/09.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
... by the way, speaking of reloading manuals, the Noz book shows the RL15 load in the 2500's! From a 26" tube! The load they show in the 2700's is RL19, which I know from experience sucks ass from a 22" tube in 7mm-08.

See? He's bucking the manuals. He's out to lunch. HE NEEDS TO BACK UP HIS CLAIM. Otherwise, what the hell are we doing here? Just spouting nonsense, with no repurcussions?

TryMe, post your load.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
<sigh>... JO, from where I'm sitting, apparently you honestly don't get it.... and with the track you're on, doubt you ever will. You're an extremely stubborn man, and oblivious to what's in front of your face...

Carry on.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
does this bring someone to mind http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izTIqUSDcR8

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Got a hard time with you saying anyone else is just spouting nonsense Jeff....You seem to have a corner on it....

I did give you a little help on the Trout Creek thread you started...

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I saw that, sgt217. Thanks. I just talked to the biologist for that area today; deer populations are at 30-ish percent of their management goals. Ugh.

So, to the point, where's the nonsense in asking someone to provide specifics on a load they are pimpin'? Seriously? That's out of bounds?

BIG TIME, double standard here...

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
FVA Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
... which I know from experience sucks ass from a 22" tube in 7mm-08.

Obviously you don't know squat about RL 19 in a 22" tube from your very real RL 19 in a 22" tube experience, and that is the crux of this thread.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by FOsteology
<sigh>... JO, from where I'm sitting, apparently you honestly don't get it.... and with the track you're on, doubt you ever will. You're an extremely stubborn man, and oblivious to what's in front of your face...

Carry on.

FO, I am fully aware what the manuals say; I have the same ones you all do.

I'm also fully aware of what a few thousand rounds of 7mm-08 have shown me.

I want him to say what his load is, here, so that he can be accountable for it. If that's somehow out of line, well, sorry. But I find his claim that his load will run 2700 fps from a factory 22" tube loaded from the magazine to be a laugher, and I want to rub his nose in it.

He knows that, and that's why he's posting pics of trees and fish and doing everything he can to change the subject, to include PM'ing his pack to come call names and so on. Not including you in that. You are a reasonable man who generally plays fair, I can respect that.

(and to that point, FO, would you personally EVER post claims about a load, then refuse to back it up? I think not. So why are you defending someone who does??)

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by FVA
... which I know from experience sucks ass from a 22" tube in 7mm-08.

Obviously you don't know squat about RL 19 in a 22" tube from your very real RL 19 in a 22" tube experience, and that is the crux of this thread.

Uh... excuse me? That makes no sense.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
FVA Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
crux
an essential or deciding point or element in something, e.g. in an argument

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The crux of the biscuit, is the apostrophe.

Yeah, I know.

I've messed with RL19 in 7mm-08. What I say is true, at least in my two 7-08's.

TryMe, post your stupid [bleep]' load! Like anyone else would.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V

VA,

1. He who posts that he has a load that does XXX, shall be willing to post the particulars of that load. To proceed under any other arrangement, would be nutless.

2. Nope. I can work up to his load in my rifle and shoot it over a chrono. That's what he's afraid of, BTW, and you are too. And I would bet money, I can out-shoot YOU.

3. Nope. I'm no expert, I say that often. But I shoot (my own loads) a LOT, have been doing it for a decade, have built rifles, loaded many many thousands of rounds for them, set goals (such as learning to shoot at longer ranges), then applied the effort needed to achieve them. I make no claims at being an expert, but you are flat-out wrong if you think I'm a "noob".

4. So where is Larry now that it's time to back up his words, with the data on the load?

And Sean, I asked you for 10mm advice as an attempt to reach out to you, not because I really give a rip what you use. Sorry. I wouldn't have said that, but you asked for it.

5. I have no doubt that Larry is a better hunter and rifleman than I am. Never said otherwise. Doesn't make him right 100%, though. In fact, experts are notorious for digging into a position regardless of the facts at hand, which he has done in this case.

The reason I've been awarded that crown is because I'm willing and able to debate the sorry likes of you and Steelhead into the dirt, and it drives you nuts, so you get your jollies by calling names like a bunch of kindergartners.

Laffin'....

Originally Posted by VAnimrod
Jeff_O;

You are, quite simply, a laughing stock.

A few facts escape you:

1). Larry's load(s) are posted; you're just too [bleep] dumb to see or find that.

2). Larry, and many others, can do what you can't.

3). You, basically, have absolutely no experience (first hand) to be questioning anything; at best, you're a noob.

4). Larry has offered advice, proven in the field, for free for years because he can and will; you can offer nothing. Case in point: how many times have you PMed me or someone else foe load/ammunition advice? I can think of several. I can personally vouch for Larry responding in kind for the same advice when I asked him for it, and it's been spot on. You'd be about the last I'd ever consider asking, simply because you don't know schit and are too stupid to grasp it.

5). There are quite a few that have hunted and shot with Larry, and many others he has extended the offer to (unsolicited), that can vouch for what he can do; you would basically have to pay someone to go with you, as they'd be teaching you.

There's a reason you've been awarded the crown as the biggest outdoor/internet dumbphuck on another site: it has/had nothing to do with anyone else; you just flat out earned it.

Hopefully, this sums it up for ya, though I highly [bleep]' doubt it.

1). His load is posted. You're too stupid to find or see it.

2). Do so; you have the load. And, I doubt it, but so [bleep]' what if you can?

3). Proof, says otherwise.

4). Again, posted, though you're too stupid to find/see it. And, yeah, tell yourself whatever makes you comfortable..........

5). Proving you're a dumbphuck by questioning that which you've never done, against those that have BT/DT gets you off, so carry on. Understand, however, that you're proving yourself a dumbass at every step. If that's your goal, then rock on, as you are the undisputed master.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
SOooooo, .308? grin

WAR EAGLE!

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by rosco1
so are Husky's better saws than STIHL?

Vintage McCullochs--all the way....... grin

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
STA Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Jeff,
I don't have a dog in this fight and with that said please give this [bleep] a break. Big Stick has been around for a long time way before you or I. All the advice I have got from Big Stick on rifles, scopes, handloads, and fishing gear has been spot on 100%. I had a small run in with him when he was given me a little hell on my 325wsm but thats just Big Stick being Big Stick. He is a 7mm guy and for good reason.

randy..
STA Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I still think my 325wsm is a better big game rifle for shots 400yards and in than the 7mm wsm just don't tell Big Stick I said so....

randy..
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I suspect he has not re-posted his load in order to achieve precisely the results he has achieved.
He has successfully highlighted your unhealthy Hyperactive OCD. And I feel pretty sure he is enjoying it immensely. He has wound you up, and enjoys watching you spin. You are being played like a fiddle.
Were he to post his load, what would that tell you? A good safe, reliable load in 1 rifle may not be in another. That is why the reloading manuals give ranges.
Now were one to get velocities well over published data, that would indicate excessive pressure.
Reliable data has indicated that the velocities he is reporting are plausible for the cartridge.
Physics is physics, it aint that hard, though some make it so.

Democracy is not freedom. Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to eat for lunch. Freedom comes from the recognition of certain rights which may not be taken, not even by a 99% vote.
*Marvin Simkin* L.A. Times (1992)
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Exactly.

Originally Posted by FOsteology on 04/15/09 @ 2:36pm
JO... your lip has to be awful sore. Dude, spit that hook out already and swim away!

Told you almost 2 weeks ago!....

Page 82 of 173 1 2 80 81 82 83 84 172 173

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

543 members (01Foreman400, 2003and2013, 1234, 160user, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 58 invisible), 2,415 guests, and 1,217 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,465
Posts18,489,854
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.