-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 83 of 173 1 2 81 82 83 84 85 172 173
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
hell i'll take my 300rum slinging 200gr ABs at 3236fps when shooting out past 500yds, over either one of the others jeff is having a hissy fit over

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
HR IC

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
My favorite 7mm-.08 load is 62 grains of R-22 behind a 165 grain Partition in a .30-'06 hull... smile

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by FOsteology
Exactly.

Hook was set long ago...drag running hot...how much line is left...?

NRA Life Member

"All hunters should be nature lovers"
~Theodore Roosevelt~
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I came right after Bigstick left. Since he has came back I see nothing even close to being incorrect. Other than kicking the troll cage from time to time, he seems pretty damn helpful. Even while ratteling the cages he is spouting true and acurrate information. JO You have 20 guys telling you to get a life and use the search function. Then quote it, save it and jam it in your rifle.

Try a case full of Blue Dot, compressed load, mag primer. Jam the bullet tight into the lands.Use some crimp to keep your velocity consistant. Hold on it will be a one shot deal.
(Disclaimer: this load will be excessive in most rifles LOL. Anyone useing data from the internet is a dumbazz and will not have vison or fingers long)

Trying to figure out who is the bigger [bleep], me for reading 90+ pages of this chit or JO for not getting it. BTW IMHO anything bigger than a 7mm 140 should be puked from a 280AI. 7-08 for animals with 4 legs. 308 for animals with 2.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
This thread has lost its appeal without "Big Stick" posting high bandwidth photos of short men standing on logs. Puulllllease come back Larry!

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
IC B2

K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
I think Jeff O and Tryme should get together and have a shoot off, not shoot out with their favorite loads. Of course they would have to be shooting over a chronograph, and the target would be at 1500 yards. That might settle the argument once and for all.

Or we could try to get their debate on Myth Busters. grin

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Jeff,
I know this will not mean much to you, but here goes. What you fail to comprehend is that Larry does not have a "crew". What he has is a bunch of individuals-mostly individualists all-who have spent time with him in one capacity or another and have come to respect him and what he says. They stand up for him for no other reason. They respect and have faith in what he says because he has proven himself to them over time. They are not the kind of people who are fooled for long by another. When it comes to the outdoors, they pick out the pretenders quickly because most of them have btdt themselves.

I posted here before that "you would argue with a stump." I now think you believe that the stump is talking back to you. Get over it, let it go, because I think Larry is waiting for the opportunity to take the final cut. Actually he will probably do that anyway, so what the hell you may as well keep gaining momentum for the crash.

I'm sure this means nothing to you, but this spectacle is pitiful.

Waiting for: "Try me, post your load".

Last edited by battue; 04/27/09.

laissez les bons temps rouler
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It seems every frickin' thread in which I have an interest somehow turns into a pissin' match. Holy Crap!!! Threads with 100 posts. 40 of those from one guy, 20 from another and ten from another with the rest odds and ends like me. When I was a kid and burnt my hand by touching something hot, guess what, I didn't touch that hot thing anymore. How many times can you beat your head against a wall before it really starts to hurt? For me, it would be once, maybe twice. But guess what. I already know that pounding my head against the wall will hurt so I'm not gonna test my theory. Not even once, let alone over and over and over and over.

I apologize for the rant; but, God this is getting old. I'm not the brightest bulb in the box. At least I know and acknowledge that fact.
The good thing is, amongst all of the hair pulling and spit wads there is a least some good info to be found. Too bad I have to dig through the box of horse crap to see if I can find the horse.

Just because someone may be an A-hole doesn't make them wrong, as much as you may want that to be so. It just makes them an A-hole with a valid point or arguments supported by fact. Feeding an inflated ego does nothing to the owner of said ego and only causes lumps on the head of the great cisifuses of the world (see first paragraph).

I guess I shouldn't complain. Lord knows I've been coming back to watch this thread like one might drive around the block to get another view of the car accident. It doesn't change much, the carnage just becomes more evidently gruesome. Does that make me perverted?

Good night gentlemen.

Last edited by TheBigSky; 04/27/09. Reason: Eliminated a split infinitive.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Big Sky,
Your edit reason is the most impressive thing I've seen on this thread. Now if I just knew what the heck you corrected. blush
I'm gone also. Unfortunately to study up on English construction. frown

P.S. After reading this I don't feel that bad:

As the split infinitive became more popular in the 19th century, some grammatical authorities sought to introduce a prescriptive rule against it. The construction is still the subject of disagreement among native English speakers as to whether it is grammatically correct or good style. Henry Fowler wrote in 1926, "No other grammatical issue has so divided English speakers since the split infinitive was declared to be a solecism in the 19c: raise the subject of English usage in any conversation today and it is sure to be mentioned."[1] However, most experts on language now agree that the split infinitive is sometimes appropriate.[2] Those who use it consciously may see it as a form of hyperbaton (as discussed below), and it has been employed to good effect by some major poets.
Contents
[hide]

Last edited by battue; 04/27/09.

laissez les bons temps rouler
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by battue

JO posted HIS load on 4/26/07, no wonder nobody trusts him with load data:
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
I'll tell you my load but only if you read this first:

BY ALL THAT IS HOLY, THIS IS A *MAJOR* OVERLOAD ACCORDING TO EVERY LOADING MANUAL!!!!!! You'd be crazy to use this load from some idiot on the internet!!!!

Ahem.

That said, I'm using 46 grains of RL7 and 200-gn Hornady Interlocks. I've gone up to 47 grains/ 2650 fps then backed down, even though everything was still fine. I've shot this load on very hot days. I use re-sized Winchester .308 brass and F210 primers.

This is so far above book max, it's insane. However, IN MY RIFLE, my primers are round, extraction is easy, and brass life is indefinite- like 14, 15 reloads or more. There is NO sign of excess pressure- none.

My rifle is a Model 7 with a 20" Pac-Nor Supermatch barrel on it. I "found" this load because RL7 is the powder of choice for lighter bullets in .358. I couldn't get the velocity I wanted with the regular .358 powders, I3031 and I4895, without running out of case capacity so I thought I'd mess around with RL7... kept adding more a little at a time, and over the course of the summer I convinced myself that I was really onto something. I've since shot hundreds of rounds with that load, including today as a matter of fact!

Check the books carefully; I think book max is like 37 grains or something. Then do as you see fit. Don't be crazy and stick 46 grains of RL7 into a case and light it off- work up to it carefully, if at all. For all I know I have the one rifle that doesn't blow up with this load.

Please let me know how it works for you! I'm normally not so paranoid but this load is WAY above the books. Did I mention this load is way above book max?

:-)

-jeff

'Nuff said....

IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Jeff, you have gone the full sixteen rounds, and you are fighting with yourself. Seriously, it's time to throw in the towel. This thing as been over for quite a while now, and it's time to let it be. There are plenty of guys on here that are telling you they have used "the" load and are getting the results they are supposed to be getting. What more do you want? There is no point now if the load gets posted by TryMe or not, because you already know what it is. Go roll it up, and try it for yourself. What is the worst that could happen? Seriously.

R.

You can run, but you'll just die tired.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Twist my spitwad!

WAR EAGLE!

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by castandblast

JO posted HIS load on 4/26/07, no wonder nobody trusts him with load data:
I'll tell you my load but only if you read this first:

BY ALL THAT IS HOLY, THIS IS A *MAJOR* OVERLOAD ACCORDING TO EVERY LOADING MANUAL!!!!!! You'd be crazy to use this load from some idiot on the internet!!!!

Ahem.

That said, I'm using 46 grains of RL7 and 200-gn Hornady Interlocks. I've gone up to 47 grains/ 2650 fps then backed down, even though everything was still fine. I've shot this load on very hot days. I use re-sized Winchester .308 brass and F210 primers.

This is so far above book max, it's insane. However, IN MY RIFLE, my primers are round, extraction is easy, and brass life is indefinite- like 14, 15 reloads or more. There is NO sign of excess pressure- none.

My rifle is a Model 7 with a 20" Pac-Nor Supermatch barrel on it. I "found" this load because RL7 is the powder of choice for lighter bullets in .358. I couldn't get the velocity I wanted with the regular .358 powders, I3031 and I4895, without running out of case capacity so I thought I'd mess around with RL7... kept adding more a little at a time, and over the course of the summer I convinced myself that I was really onto something. I've since shot hundreds of rounds with that load, including today as a matter of fact!

Check the books carefully; I think book max is like 37 grains or something. Then do as you see fit. Don't be crazy and stick 46 grains of RL7 into a case and light it off- work up to it carefully, if at all. For all I know I have the one rifle that doesn't blow up with this load.

Please let me know how it works for you! I'm normally not so paranoid but this load is WAY above the books. Did I mention this load is way above book max?

:-)

-jeff

'Nuff said....

Nice work. I'm sure if we really went through Jeff O's posts, we could find some more gems..

B
BMT Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by OldCenterChurch
Twist my spitwad!

confused

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Do you mean Sisyphus, the guy with the rock?

Jeff

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
For some reason I'm reminded of the ol' "Quit hitting yourself" bit we all pulled on our younger siblings. Seriously it's been kinda fun to watch but enough is enough. Let it die.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Jeff,

Since you obviously ride the short bus regularly and the search feature overwhelms you and Fost quoting "the" load for you wasn't enough how about a direct link to Larry's Posted load.

7mm-08/162 AMAX loads

...might wanna take note of the thread title.

I'm sure Midway eagerly awaits your order. Don't forget the lapua hulls and the cci 200s.

Tell us all how you cain't get there. Course I suspect "cain't get there" has been the story of your life.

Check out my new website

http://www.howemtnknives.com/
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Jeff,
I know this will not mean much to you, but here goes. What you fail to comprehend is that Larry does not have a "crew". What he has is a bunch of individuals-mostly individualists all-who have spent time with him in one capacity or another and have come to respect him and what he says. They stand up for him for no other reason. They respect and have faith in what he says because he has proven himself to them over time. They are not the kind of people who are fooled for long by another. When it comes to the outdoors, they pick out the pretenders quickly because most of them have btdt themselves.

Exactly.

Can buschit the fans but not the players - Jeff you have no fans and you aren't a player. As for your accusation that there is some mass PM conspiracy to pile on you - prove it or be banded a liar. I haven't received a PM from Larry since he was here last as Big Stick.

Before you try to weasel and back pedal:

He knows that, and that's why he's posting pics of trees and fish and doing everything he can to change the subject, to include PM'ing his pack to come call names and so on.

I would also like you to find where he claims what you claim:

I want him to say what his load is, here, so that he can be accountable for it. If that's somehow out of line, well, sorry. But I find his claim that his load will run 2700 fps from a factory 22" tube loaded from the magazine to be a laugher, and I want to rub his nose in it.

Where did he claim it was a factory tube and factory mag? I know it can be done in said confines - there are several here doing it, but I want to see where you haven't projected your own little parameters onto a conversation.

There is no vast right wing conspiracy to make you look like a dumb [bleep] - you are doing it on your own. I know that goes against your liberal commie think but the facts are - you have been rejected by the group because of YOU not the group. Dumbass.

Me

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Jeff you gotta end this.It's gone beyond sad.Take a breath and move on..Nuttin to be gained anymore.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Once again for the window licker on the short bus

Originally Posted by Big Stick
40.5grs Re-15,Lapua hulls,CCI 200's,moly 162 kissin' lands.

2700fps via 22" tube.........................

Page 83 of 173 1 2 81 82 83 84 85 172 173

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

527 members (1Longbow, 160user, 10Glocks, 1936M71, 007FJ, 1badf350, 62 invisible), 2,409 guests, and 1,221 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,442
Posts18,489,508
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.