Print Thread
Hop To
Page 171 of 1,842 1 2 169 170 171 172 173 1841 1842
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I like that, I'll be sure to remember it.

Something clever here.

GB1

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Yeah, that weather was pretty nasty. I seem to call in a lot of hens at times too. I don't know if they are curious or plain mad. Some of them will try to out yelp and cluck me. It is fun to play with them when that happens..."madder than an 'ol wet hen" comes to mind.

Camp is where you make it.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by tzone
Yeah, that weather was pretty nasty. I seem to call in a lot of hens at times too. I don't know if they are curious or plain mad. Some of them will try to out yelp and cluck me. It is fun to play with them when that happens..."madder than an 'ol wet hen" comes to mind.

The rain doesn't bother me, but the lightening gets my attention real quick. Still coming down fairly steady here this morning, but at least it warmed up overnight.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Wow, its been a while now. That new gun looks nice Dave. i wish i could get them to follow me like that. The road looks a bit sloppy heading out to your place by the pics. sure hope it dries out sometime, this snow we got last night sure dont help at all either. Way Slimy!!! need to get the boat out pretty soon to get around. I tell you i was out in Vegas last week and it was mid 90's and i loved it. Nice heat out there! Good cocktails and got first round of golf in too!! Now if only we could get some sun here instead of this snow!! Fish ON!!!

It is a silly fish that is caught twice with the same bait!
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Our 90deg and 90deg in Vegas is a huge difference. Here the damn humididy is so high I can't stand it.

Out there...I could sure take a lot of that weather.

IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Not much you can do in the lightening but stay inside. Not a turkey in the world worth that mess. You chose wisely I'd say.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
My daughter was a teacher in Vegas for 14 years so the wife and I were usually out there a least twice a year. October through April is decent. May through September is a SOB. Once the ground and buildings heat up and start radiating the heat back at you it's like being in an oven. It may be a dry heat but its still mighty uncomfortable.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
the heat is a huge difference from there to here. i like that stuff. don't like much over 80 here. i was there last may as well, and it was about the same temp. don't want to go any later than that though.

It is a silly fish that is caught twice with the same bait!
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I was there a few years ago in mid March, I couldn't think of a better place to be at that time. Temps were perfect IMO, drinks were free and food was cheap...

I was trying to find somebody to take me fishing on Lake Mead, but we were only there 3 days and I came up short.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Well I'm back from my trip to PA for work. Flew out of Fargo to Mpls, then to Pittsburgh where I was pleasantly surprised with a real nice '07 Mustang to drive for the week. I drove two hours to my destination and all I can say is WOW! What beautiful country. Amazing hills and woods. Green cow pastures with red and white barns dotting the hillsides through the trees. Clear rivers and streams. No foliage yet but still very nice. I would love to to out there in the fall when the leaves turn color. It must be spectacular. Wednesday morning I was driving to work and seen the typical sign of a road kill. Blood and some guts splattered on the road...except....this wasn't your typical racoon or deer roadkill. It was a fairly large black bear laying on the shoulder of the road. Just guessing but about a 300 pounder. You don't see that everyday! I'm sure whoever hit it has the body shop on speed dial right now.

Lots has happened at camp chicken buck thread I see. Holy bats!

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

IC B3

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Welcome back Rooster. The wife and I may finally get out to PA later this year. My wife's brother lives just outside of Pittsburgh but we've yet to make the trip. Want to spent some time over at Gettysberg.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I always wanted to deer hunt out there. The tradition of deer hunting in PA intrigues me.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Rooster,welcome back.Sounds like you had a good trip.
On the subject of Gettysburg battlefield,that is quite an interesting place to go.Almost everyone who goes there gets a "spooky" feeling.I had never heard of this but I experienced it when I was there and couldn't understand it.A visit there will stir your patriotic blodd almost as much as a visit to the "wall" where the names of a lot of my friends are listed.

Stan

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by Stan_in_SC
On the subject of Gettysburg battlefield,that is quite an interesting place to go.Almost everyone who goes there gets a "spooky" feeling.I had never heard of this but I experienced it when I was there and couldn't understand it.A visit there will stir your patriotic blodd almost as much as a visit to the "wall" where the names of a lot of my friends are listed.

Stan

Stan, I've heard the same thing. Apparently some folks have even claimed to have seen ghosts of soldiers. My BIL told me that the best way to tour the battlefield was to hire one of the tour guides. They had a local history teacher for a guide and said it was a real learning experience.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I did a little work on my uncles elk/deer slayer last night. It's a late 60's, maybe 70 Weatherby Vanguard in 300 WM

I floated the barrel & bed the action last night. It will be held true & solid in it's stock now, turned out well.

I'll get it back in your hands this weekend Dusty, then you can test those primers you are wondering about, refinish your stock, work up your loads & practice for wapiti.

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Dave,

Do you have any pic of you truck project you and Weezy are working on?

I'd like to see that.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I will have to take some pictures. I think the only pics of it that I have are accidental shots with the truck in the background.

Something clever here.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Which truck?

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
ole browny.

my 77 ford 4x4.

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
as long as you don't name it, ole brown eye...

Page 171 of 1,842 1 2 169 170 171 172 173 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

536 members (10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 160user, 1936M71, 007FJ, 68 invisible), 2,467 guests, and 1,252 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,445
Posts18,489,603
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.