Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
C
Captain Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
On Drudge.... Arlen Spectre may be going to the other side. Recall anyone?

NRA Benefactor Member

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizenry still gets to vote!"
GB4

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Being from PA - good riddance.............

He's been a RINO for his whole career.

Adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
He has mostly spent his time in Congress imitating a democRAT anyway.

We could never count on him for a critical vote and I won't miss him at all.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
No surprises here, just surprised it took this long.

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Hell, he has always been a Democrat in sheep clothing , nothing new except he is now admitting it

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
IC B2

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
yup, he sure is. Just confirmed. At least he admits his true colors. Albeit 30 years late!

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
communist... traitor... warren commission...

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
It's a headline on the WSJ Online. Good riddance. Please take McCain, Grahamnesty, and other "moderates" with you Mr. Specter.

If the American People allow private banks to control the issuance of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks..., will deprive the People of all their Property,...Thomas Jefferson
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Does Spector being a Dem, plus Franken in Minn, now gives the Dems 60 seats in the Senate?

Harry M.

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Additionally this should not even be allowed. If you want to switch fine but you should have to resign and run as a Democrat. Then the Republicans would be allowed to defend their seat in Congress. The seat belongs to the people in PA who elected Spector and not Spector. If he feels he can no longer serve those who supported him or the party he needs to leave.

Other wise what's to stop anyone on any side from running as on party then switching as soon as they get in there by one side could in effect "steal" the other's party.

Am I making any sense on this??

Harry M.

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson

IC B3

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Yes it does.

If the American People allow private banks to control the issuance of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks..., will deprive the People of all their Property,...Thomas Jefferson
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
They needed to bump the NYC flyover off the news, thus the announcement.........

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
yeah, but it's happened before.

Spector is a RINO for sure and it won't matter on critical votes as we've seen how he votes already.

At least we can run a real Republican against him, if one can be found. And how much longer can he last. He looks worse than Teddy.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Pennsylvania Republican Sen. Arlen Specter, increasingly isolated from his party, said Tuesday he is switching parties and will run for re-election in 2010 as a Democrat.

The move gives Democrats control of 59 votes in the Senate, leaving them one shy of 60 needed for procedural control of the chamber. One senate seat remains unfilled, in Minnesota, where a close recount remains tied up in court. But analysts say Democrat Al Franken is favored to win that legal battle in the coming weeks, giving Democrats the majority they are seeking.

A Republican who is close to Senate GOP leadership said Republican leaders still hold a glimmer of hope to hold off Mr. Specter's party switch. But it isn't likely.

Associated Press
Sen. Arlen Specter at a county GOP meeting in Wyomissing, Pa., on April 15.
More
Statement: 'The Republican Party has moved far to the right'Mr. Specter, who provided President Barack Obama the critical vote for his $787 billion stimulus plan, faced a powerful challenge in 2010 from former Rep. Pat Toomey, who hoped to unseat Mr. Specter in a Republican primary. Vice President Joe Biden had been openly courting his old friend and colleague from the Senate Judiciary Committee, making the case that he could breeze to re-election as a Democrat.

"When I supported the stimulus package, I knew that it would not be popular with the Republican Party. But, I saw the stimulus as necessary to lessen the risk of a far more serious recession than we are now experiencing," Mr. Specter said in a statement. "Since then, I have traveled the State, talked to Republican leaders and office-holders and my supporters and I have carefully examined public opinion. It has become clear to me that the stimulus vote caused a schism which makes our differences irreconcilable. On this state of the record, I am unwilling to have my twenty-nine year Senate record judged by the Pennsylvania Republican primary electorate. I have not represented the Republican Party. I have represented the people of Pennsylvania."

"I have decided to run for re-election in 2010 in the Democratic primary," he concluded.

Write to Jonathan Weisman at jonathan.weismanwsj.com

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A good quote from NRO:

"I read that he was switching parties, but I was disappointed to learn he's still a Democrat."

Weiners are health food - My dad
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Senate Republicans need to strip Spector of his seat on the Judiciary Committee as soon as possible.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by toltecgriz
Senate Republicans need to strip Spector of his seat on the Judiciary Committee as soon as possible.

You can bet the Dem's already promised him that seat in exchange for switching parties.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Theres no room for "moderates" in the republowcrap party.Part of the reason there not in power,and wont be,for some time to come.
dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by Foxbat
Originally Posted by toltecgriz

You can bet the Dem's already promised him that seat in exchange for switching parties.

Yes but it will count against their quota and someone with a brain can fill the empty Republican seat.

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Way to go Specter! I say. He was one of the repubs brightest members. The brain drain continues from the republican party. Or did I miss something and you guys are gaining senate seats and popularity?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

419 members (14idaho, 16gage, 06hunter59, 1Longbow, 17CalFan, 160user, 49 invisible), 2,295 guests, and 1,287 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,989
Posts18,481,059
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.