-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
CAT, -- this has nothing to do or related to poison water, it's about keeping our arms makers in business here in this country. If they die where do we buy firearms? Just think no guns or water! [img]images/icons/wink.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/laugh.gif" border="0[/img] <P>When you get down toward Mineola give me a shout. Have a like new Dillon 650, with all the trimmings, bells and whistles, automatic everything rigged up for 45 ACP, with a custom plastic cover, mounted on a board for storage or moving. I will never use it, can be yours for cheap, you look and make offer. Might even take a Browning HP as trade. [img]images/icons/laugh.gif" border="0[/img] -- no

A hint to the wise is sufficient! Experience is the best teacher!

F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
It It Flies It Dies, <P>It looks like you are correct in writing: Also AOL, but I have not found another ISP that does what it does, so I continue to sleep with that devil. <P>Two of my former co-workers were swapping rifles between cars at an AOL site in Utah and were fired for moving cased rifles from one car to the other, afterwork in the AOL parking lot. <P>Seems that house rules were based on no posession of fire arms on the property no exceptions.<P>Might as well get a new S&W and a new Remington to go with your fire-arms friendly ISP....

Fish Springs
L
L
So let me recap this thread. We want Smith and Wesson, Remington, Colt and Ruger to go out of business. That will show em! Lets drive all U.S. gunmakers out of business. Makes sense to me! You guy's are grouchier than Trap shooters!<P>So far this year a purchased two Remington 1100's brand new. A .410 for myself and a twenty gauge for my youngest son in the youth model. Last year a purchased a new 1100 in 12 gauge and a Remington safe. If the year continues to go right I'm going to by a 11-87 3 1/2" camo turkey gun. I'm having the time of my life and am introducing as many new people as posible to shooting each month.<P>Open up the Remington catalog. Look at the number of youth models advailable. 1100's, 870's, model 7's, model 700's and blackpowder guns. Plus all of the inexpensive shotguns and rifles advailable for new shooters on a budget. Remington is doing more to get new people involved than any other firearms maker judging from their line of products. I plan to continue to support Remington and other American gun makers who have given me 30 plus years of joy hunting and shooting.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Need One:<P>It was an analogy, and I can do without Smith and Wesson and their deal with the Clinton Administration and if they go broke tomorrow that is one day too late. There will be someone to take their place, that is the way markets work.<P>Fish Springs:<P>Because I choose to use AOL primarily for the financial information access it provides, does not mean I agree with them, but they have not cut some deal with the government to abrogate my rights either. I am actively searching for a decent alternative, but there are not many out there.<P>But since you work or worked for aol,or at least say you did, then perhaps you have some more insight into the situation. As for me, I do what I want for the reasons I have outlined and you can certainly do the same, poison water and all.

"When we put [our enlisted men and women] in harm's way, it had better count for something. It can't be because some policy wonk back here has a brain fart of an idea of a strategy that isn't thought out." General Zinni on Iraq

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Hey Fish Springs and others,<BR>Nobody is promoting the idea of taking a wrecking ball over to the Ruger plant or any others, for that matter. We would like to see the management of those companies that show outright disrespect for the 2nd Amendment thrown out on their pointed ears, however. Want me to draw you another picture? What do we do when we think this country's leadership is stomping on the rights of it's citizens? Well, we do what we can to throw the [bleep] out of office. (Setting fire to the White House would have been the wrong answer here.) Does this help?

IC B2

F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
I love the internet. No where else can so many people get confused in real time.<P>Sorry, I have not worked for AOL but the SW (software)community in Utah is pretty small and you get to know people. Novell, where I did work, had a corporate pistol team and we shot on a range in Hobble Creek Canyon. It attracted a bunch of computer industry shooters and provided a way to keep track for former WP and Novell shooters. Those folks are all over the country now--some at AOL.<P>As for supporting shooting, my Remington worked just fine this weekend as did my kid's LT20. And we will continue to to wear Wrangler, shun Sara Lee and not use AOL. We will also support the remaninig U.S. manufacturers because it will be a sad day when Beretta or some other european group purchases the rest of the firearms manufacturing industry that got to whole revolution thing going way back in the 1700's...enjoy your boycott.<P>As noted above: "There will be someone to take their place, that is the way markets work."<P>It looks like the market is working to re-group the firearms manufacturing industry--maybe you ought to give Hammer and Co a call and have a discussion about there direction...I'd be interested in the results.

Fish Springs
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Fish Springs:<P>It was you who described the aol employees that were fired as "co-workers". If you wish to avoid confusion, I suggest that you be more precise in your choice of words.<P>I, too, shot a couple of Remington 700s today, and probably will shoot them tomorrow, but they, and your guns were not made after this agreement with Smith. So, to this point, we are on equal ground. I just do not intend to buy any more current production Remingtons or Smiths, until Smith nullifies or repudiates in some manner the traitorous agreements that they entered. As I said in a much earlier post, this is likely,but not certain, considering the pro-gun stance of the current administration. <P>Until then,I will continue my monetary support of the NRA and of other gun and conservation oriented causes, such as GCCA, Delta Waterfowl, Dallas Safari Club, and, to a lesser extent DU. I hope you do the same. I'm glad that I have stocked up on Remingtons, and the several that I normally would buy each year and the multiple Smiths, probably conservatively being 15 that I have NOT purchased, since they screwed the Second Amendment will not damage them much, and that is fine, I do what I believe is right and I live with the consequences of those actions. I wish Smith had the same attitude. And, this is a dead horse, and I am tired of beating it, everyone should make their own decisions as to what they believe is best for them and what they believe in. I've made mine and that is all I'm going to say on this matter on this thread. I didn't expect it to turn into a debate, either you get it or you don't.

"When we put [our enlisted men and women] in harm's way, it had better count for something. It can't be because some policy wonk back here has a brain fart of an idea of a strategy that isn't thought out." General Zinni on Iraq

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Cat,I get it!If it's what I think it is,I get it.If it's something else-in fact if it's anything else except what I think it is-then I suppose I dont get it.But I think I get it.Gene

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
WOW, -- Gene, profound statement, but since you mentioned it, I think I got it also. If we get a place to play with the shotguns up by Paris, you want to come try your luck? Will probably be a Type two hunt on the Grasslands.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
WOW, -- Gene, profound statement, but since you mentioned it, I think I got it also. If we get a place to play with the shotguns up by Paris, you want to come try your luck? Will probably be a Type two hunt on the Grasslands. -- no

IC B3

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

515 members (219DW, 1936M71, 1badf350, 222Sako, 1234, 10Glocks, 49 invisible), 2,444 guests, and 1,218 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,437
Posts18,489,382
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.