Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

I probably shouldn't even admit this on the Campfire......but I've been carrying the same model of knife for about 10 years now........... grin

Casey

Last edited by alpinecrick; 05/04/09.

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
GB1

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P

I have a black handle Case Sodbuster Jr. folder that has long been my favorite pocket knife ... every day.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I gotta break in a new one every couple of years or so. Kinda getting started on these two Benchmades.

[Linked Image]

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Many years ago, I won one of those Gerbers in an NRA sweepstakes. grin I carried for a couple of years, then lost it somewhere, sometime in the winter. frown Come spring, I was leaving the girlfriend's place and happened to look down by my truck tire. Lo and behold, there was my knife, none the worse for the winter weather grin

I carried it another year or so and lost it again frown . Since I needed a knife, and gifts for the guys in my wedding party, I bought Buck 2 bladed penknives for all of us, including the 10 year old ring bearer. It's been 15 years now and I still have mine.

I was at the ring bearers wedding last year, he said he still has his.

Dale

This space for rent

1B Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I also have the same Gerbers and greatly respect them.

Great little work/ocasional use knives. I can't keep them though, as I give them to my sons, friends, security guards at airports when I forget they are on me, and once in awhile to guys with high dollar blades just for the hell of it.

They hold an edge as well as most. And you can get older ones with a clip that makes them into a convenient belt/boot carry blade.

I now mostly carry every day a more sophisticated knife that swings into action really fast and fits my hand like it was made for it. But the Gerbers are always near at hand -- in my car, fishing vest, deer hunting pack, and survival kit.

1B

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Here's my everday pocket Knife, a 1970 Case One Armed Razor

[Linked Image]

Democracy is not freedom. Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to eat for lunch. Freedom comes from the recognition of certain rights which may not be taken, not even by a 99% vote.
*Marvin Simkin* L.A. Times (1992)
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by mcmurphrjk
Here's my everday pocket Knife, a 1970 Case One Armed Razor

[Linked Image]
Nice.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Got these 2 as backup, haven't carried them much yet.

Case Barehead Slimline Trapper, Stag, kinda unusual in that it has 2 blades.
[Linked Image]

This one is a Case Kentucky Bicentennial Stag Sodbuster Jr.
[Linked Image]

Democracy is not freedom. Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to eat for lunch. Freedom comes from the recognition of certain rights which may not be taken, not even by a 99% vote.
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Those are beauties. I have a few really nice pocket knives, but I'm afraid of losing them so don't carry them.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Those are beauties. I have a few really nice pocket knives, but I'm afraid of losing them so don't carry them.

That's kinda my problem, as well. And I don't quite get it. I have about 30 older Case pocket knives I have acquired over the years, and they have collector value, but not near as much as some of the rifles I hunt with and shoot with little concern.
I'll hunt a 98% pre-64 Model 70 in the rain, but don't want to carry a collectible pocket knife. Go figure.

IC B3

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Of late I've been carrying a Spyderco Endura 4 that I like. My favorite however is a Spyderco Military BG-42 (steel type) Carbon Fiber. Limited run, pricey and big, it's still a GREAT knife. I've carried it a plenty but for all the reasons just cited it's really a lot of knife to truly EDC.

If there's one thing I've become certain of it's that there's too much certainty in the world.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The knife Ive been using, loosing, finding for the last couple of years is a old colonial fishing knife with yellow plastic handles.

.99 at the pawn shop and just fits nice in the pocket and nice in the hand. Funny the things you find and like.

Its like this one

[Linked Image]

"We're all going to have so much [bleep] fun we'll need plastic surgery to remove our god damn smiles." - Clark Griswold

Remembering The 99
http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/1163424
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Grogel_Deluxe
The knife Ive been using, loosing, finding for the last couple of years is a old colonial fishing knife with yellow plastic handles.

.99 at the pawn shop and just fits nice in the pocket and nice in the hand. Funny the things you find and like.

Its like this one

[Linked Image]
Yellow handle usually means high carbon steel.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I had one of those composite Gerber LST's for a number of years. The composite cracked at the pivot. I replaced it with another Gerber but one of the AR 3.00 with metal handles. I carry that one every day.

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by mtmisfit
I had one of those composite Gerber LST's for a number of years. The composite cracked at the pivot. I replaced it with another Gerber but one of the AR 3.00 with metal handles. I carry that one every day.
Well, I never use it as a pry bar, so the composite has held up perfectly for me.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by mtmisfit
Well, I never use it as a pry bar, so the composite has held up perfectly for me.

No prying, just cutting. Cutting rope and hose puts a lot of strain on the thin area of composite at the top front of the pivot pin.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

153 members (338rcm, 160user, 300_savage, 44mc, 470Evans, 35, 11 invisible), 1,913 guests, and 1,080 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,326
Posts18,526,494
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.