-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I got the pull weight on my CZ 452 down to 1.75 lbs and could have went even less with the springs supplied. From the factory it was around 4 lbs. For me it was the creep that was really annoying, and the shims in the trigger kit took care of that.

I've said it before, but if you need a CZ trigger kit and are worried about Brooks, a guy on ebay sells the same thing. I bought my last kit from the ebay fellow and had it in a little over a week.

Last edited by Lonny; 04/15/09.
GB1

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Could be he's sick?

�Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program." -- Milton Friedman
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rifle
So I take it, the kit works,but you may or may not get it? It also appears to do a couple of rifles? Has anyone measured the pull reduction?

Measured mine at 16oz. Make sure you test it for "bump-fire" before you are done. The kit currently sold on ebay appears to be exactly the same.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Over on rimfirecentral.com, Mr. Brooks is taking quite a bashing for taking people's money. I have no first-hand knowledge, though.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
If the man feels well enough (if he has "health issues") to take another's money for a product, he feels well enough to ship the product in a timely manner.

To do less is not only a big dis-service to his customers, but causes one to wonder about his honesty, integrity & ethics. Certainly, after reading the comments here, I wouldn't order anything from him. Who needs te hassle?!?

After reading the comments here, I'm glad I bought the Model 453 with the single set trigger rather than the Model 452. With only a little "adjusting", my single set trigger is giving me a clean breaking trigger pull measurable in only a few OUNCES rather than "pounds".

Strength & Honor...

Ron T.

It's smart to hang around old guys 'cause they know lotsa stuff...

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Another member on rimfirecentral has just released an adjustable sear, priced around 40.00 bucks I think?

Life is just one damned thing after another
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
That's great!

Yes, Eric Brooks was well enough to take my money and ship one part, but cannot be bothered to send my $37 refund....

�That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.� George Orwell
bcp Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Could be he's sick?

This is from 2006. Maybe still going on?

http://shootersforum.com/showpost.htm?p=230502&postcount=6

Bruce

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Then why can't he be bothered to say anything or respond if he stillkeeps taking the money? It's not him that was ill, and that was from 3 years ago. At what point do you stop taking money under the false pretense that you are selling something?

�That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.� George Orwell
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by Calif. Hunter
Well, he has not replied to a single email and I can't get him on the phone...

I am in the exact same situation. I ordered on March 28 and have since emailed him 5 times. No response, none, and I figure I got ripped off.

IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
His website shows "Website removed." Maybe he is at least out of business now, and can't/won't rip off anyone else. I did file with several of the agencies lissted above, as well as the Oneonta, NY police dept. I didn't get a response, except from the NY Attorney General's office asking for more info.

A $37 lesson in how to order - use a credit card!

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Calif. Hunter
His website shows "Website removed."

His website was up on the 8th when I posted the links - had to find out where he was from. Hopefully he is feeling some heat and will face punishment for ripping folks off.

MtnHtr

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
A Sgt on the Oneonta PD, who has been assigned to this case, called me last week. The PO Box is registered to someone else, and shows both upstate and NYC addresses. He has checked out the links I provided and may try to contact some of the other aggrieved parties.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I just "dropped" in one of the Ernie springs.My 452 FS went from 44oz to 24oz and with a much cleaner pull,still a little creep.Off to the range this morning,we'll see.
It took longer to take the stock off than putting in the spring............rifle.

Come on America,
Athletes and actors are not heroes, only soldiers, airmen,marines and sailors get that respect�and let's add firemen and LEO's

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
amazing what a little help in the trigger department does.This is from a CZ full-stock,22LR @50 yards with Remington Target.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Come on America,
Athletes and actors are not heroes, only soldiers, airmen,marines and sailors get that respect�and let's add firemen and LEO's

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
The Sergeant fron the Oneonta PD called again, and there is at least one other complainant from COlorado who got ripped off by "Mr. Brooks." (Apparently an alias, but the PD knows who he really is.) The PD has gone to his house a couple times but not connected with him. They will continue to do so, as well as other means.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Well, whether it was because he got a visit from the police or because he finally got around to it, I got a refund today from "Eric Brooks."

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Good deal!!

Come on America,

T
T
Sorry to bring up a month-old thread, but I didn't read this before I placed my order. All of these people saying "buy this kit!" online doesn't help. With an update June 15th, 2009 on the website, I figured he was still in business, so I placed my order June 30th.

While it's only been just over two weeks, reading about this certainly doesn't make me feel better about the situation. I have sent him 3 e-mails over this time with absolutely no response and no receipt of items purchased.

Seeing how recent these posts are, I'm not expecting to receive what I ordered...

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

463 members (10gaugemag, 007FJ, 160user, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 163bc, 42 invisible), 2,118 guests, and 1,166 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,245
Posts18,486,168
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.