Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
D
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Took my wife riding on our Can-Am outlander(2-up machine) for a nice trail ride in central Wisconsin yesterday. I got to wonder who claims their state has the best public atv trails and where I could hook up for some good maps.

GB1

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Living in Utah for 30 yrs....I'd say Utah has some of the best off roading anywhere...whether a quad...side x side or Jeep CJ or any other off road machine.....off course we have the tree & bunny huggers wanting all the roads closed and on the BLM & US Forest properties....thats one of the big problems in the west...Utah is 70% public land....unreal trails & scenery.... [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Last edited by tikkanut; 05/10/09.

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Gonna be pretty hard to beat SW Co., especially around Silverton, Ouray, & Durango.

Eagles may soar, but a weasel never got sucked into a jet turbine!
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Idaho has the same problem as Utah. About 83% of Idaho is public land but huge chunks are being closed to off road machines.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Utah

IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Doughboy,

If your looking for some nice trails in WI, check out Clark Co. It is probably the closest to you that I can think of. There is a small riding park in Marathon Co, West of Mosinee, but it gets old real fast.

If you guys want to travel a bit, Price Couty, in the Park Falls area is great. A bit further north in Douglas, Bayfield, and Ashland Co's, there are hundreds of miles of ATV trails. From easy railroad grades, to muddy woods trails. It is beautiful up there any time of year, but the fall...well you know how it is here in the fall.

Tom

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by weaselsRus
Gonna be pretty hard to beat SW Co., especially around Silverton, Ouray, & Durango.

I'll bet there are way too many bunny huggers & private property in SW CO......

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
In the Sun Valley, ID area these's only 1 single ATV trail left open and it's only a couple miles long. About 1/4 mile from the highway, the trail goes through a bottleneck that's very hard to get around. Several years ago, I was up there bowhunting and I watched 2 local women hauling deadfall down the mountain to attempt to block the trail in the bottleneck. The idiots already have the entire area except this one short trail, but the greedy bitches want it ALL.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
As much as I love my Colorado Mountains. I think at least until recently Utah is way more ATV friendly. One of the few places that i have seen that in some places ATV's are legal to ride around town. And Trails start in town.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
If you can ever swing it, plan a week on the Paiute trail in Utah, there is so much beauty and wildlife and hundreds of miles of trails, I also stayed at Panguitch Lake, Duck Creek area once for a week, good fishing, great atv riding and they said they are going to hook it up with the Paiute trail so there will be that much more to see, they have one heckofa atv convention in Richfield every year, never been to it as I go to get away from crowds,, the Fish lake area is also incredible as well, I believe it would be impossible to beat what Utah has to offer

IC B3

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Yes.....Richfield is jamming with ATVs mid Sept...the Paiute Trail system is a very big draw for ATV riders....ride your ATV from your motel or RV to fuel up..to the cafe...very ATV friendly...plenty of trails for all abilities...another smaller ATV Jamboree is in Ferron Utah Labor Day week.....much smaller in scale....but the trails are ever so good.....high desert or very high mtn's.... [Linked Image]

Last edited by tikkanut; 05/17/09.

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

N
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
N
Brawley, CA, Yuma, AZ The Glamis Sand Dunes, also known as Imperial Sand Dunes Recreation Area, are located southeast of the Salton Sea in southern California at the border with Arizona and Baja California del Norte, Mexico. The field is approximately 45 miles long by 6 miles wide and extends along a northwest-southeast line that correlates to the prevailing northerly and westerly wind directions.THis is the best place I have ever been too.We all had 3 wheelers and the time there was fun and good.The Imperial Sand Dunes are the largest mass of sand dunes in California, with over 118,000 acres of land. OHV activities are permitted on some of the sand dunes, while other areas are permanently or temporarily closed. A camping permit is required upon arrival. You may be able to find maps on BLM land at their web site, and for other maps look under Games and Parks,this is where I look when looking for places to ride horses........tikkanut that is a beautiful photo,share some more.

God made some men big and some men small,but Sam Colt evened things up.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
How many ya want ?

[Linked Image]

Can you hear the elk bugle ?
Pics along local ATV trails...
Henry Mtns in final pic......
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Last edited by tikkanut; 05/22/09.

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tikkanut
How many ya want ?

[Linked Image]

Can you hear the elk bugle ?
Pics along local ATV trails...
Henry Mtns in final pic......
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

great pics. looks like nice place to ride. i like the trails in the white river nat. forest in north west co.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Thats because you're almost in Utah then...... laugh

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by tikkanut
Originally Posted by weaselsRus

I'll bet there are way too many bunny huggers & private property in SW CO......

Google SW CO 4X4 trails, we were there 4 days last August, could spend a month easily.

Eagles may soar, but a weasel never got sucked into a jet turbine!
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Taylor Park Colorado would be the place. People drive from all over the US to ride the trails. I know one guy that drives 980 miles one way to be able to ride 1000 miles on his ATV in a week and then turn around and drive home. He has been doing this for years and always finds new places & trails to go on.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Utah........... [Linked Image]

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
yet another trail...... [Linked Image]

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
yept...... [Linked Image]

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

562 members (1beaver_shooter, 222Sako, 2500HD, 12344mag, 257 roberts, 204guy, 56 invisible), 2,289 guests, and 1,266 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,506
Posts18,509,299
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.