-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I now watch the Trucks ,It is 100% better racing than the Vanilla racing that they now have in the SO called elite upper series of Nascar

I,d rather be LOST in the woods than FOUND in the City
GB1

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
Originally Posted by rost495
watching cars go around in a circle for a few hours... interesting....

and noise, lots of snarling engines....that too

the one area where I am not faithful to my redneck heritage is NASCAR, never cared a flip about it. my dad used to run dirt track racers after the war, and my brother hauled his kids to Talladega like it was a freaking shrine, but I'll pass, thanks.

just to show I'm not a communiss or something, I also don't care about drag racing, formula one, or indy. so there.

I just knew we would agree on somptin one day..LOL

The end of democracy, and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tzone
I'll take the good ol boys racing here on a hot Saturday night, any day of the week.

I can dig some weekend warriors wreching on their cars on a trailer holding a flashlight, to win $300 and a trophy. I like that better.

Plus, there are a lot more hoop earings and cut off Polaris shirts on the chicks here. smile. We're talking Brittney Spears hot here folks.

I can agree with that. There's several dirt tracks within an hour of my house, good times. The stock cars actually started out as stock cars.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The decline started when they ended racing to the line under yellow flags, then more and more safety rules, and the COT. You would think OSHA is in chage.
The back breaker was the "Chase". Locking out over two third of the drivers is stupid

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
More right turns.

IIRC, they're racing at Infineon (Sears Point) this weekend.

Guns are like guitars - you can never have too many.
IC B2

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Make them go right turns for a whole season, or at least half of it. (Or make half of them go right, and half left during a race- that would get some viewers?).
Restrict only the weight of the car and the gallons of fuel it can carry. Nothing else. They know the risks. Lem them go as fast as they want. Race in any weather. Turn the lights out halfway through the race for a few laps. That would bring up Saturday night viewing.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bikini carwash during pit stops under caution? 50 stray cats available for extra points? Beer chugging mandatory with each tire change?

Now with even more aplomb
dh1 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Was the 2005-2008 chevy Malibu the inspiration for the COT? [Linked Image]
Just add a splitter.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Nascar is not about the race any more, it's all about the show.
That's why the COT car was designed.
Fox has always had the best coverage.
If FOX is losing viewers, wait till mid season when the other station takes over. They really suk

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
The black puppet pretty much sums up nascar for me. He does blurt out a bad word towards the end...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JevDW11ZrF4

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I haven't wavered in my support of Nascar one bit. But I do think that Jr's decline this year is part of the reason for the poor ratings. Every time he takes the lead (which lately is seldom), the whole crowd comes to its' feet. I like the guy, but he's not the one I follow.

Also, FOX needs to can that Digger & Friends crap. Maybe they're trying to lure younger viewers, but it detracts from the race viewing experience.

All in all though, it's a good product and it's one of the very few things on the tube that I follow faithfully.

Go Tony!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'll watch it if I can find it. I don't care if it's on Sat or Sun, but just keep it there. Pizzes me off to look for a race on Sunday afternoon and find out it ran on Sat nite.

The road courses are OK, but you gotta put the drivers in a road course car...those big boats look strange turning right.

I agree with getting the drivers on different tracks, let them drive some sprint cars on small tracks...there seems to be 2 or 3 weekends off during the season, get them out amongst the people. 40 some drivers across the countryside would meet and greet with a lot of true blue race fans.

"I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man." --Robert Duvall.
"Fill your hand, you son-of-a-bitch!" --John Wayne.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I think 1 idea that would be great, is to have them run on DIRT! Like they do over at Eldora. I think dirt trackin would be a start in the right direction to bring back NASCAR.

maddog

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I wish to heck NASCAR would race real "stock" cars. A frame and shell with a sticker on the hood is complete bull shyte. Have any of you guys watched the European door-slammer circuit? On road courses, duking and denting the whole way, wipers and turn signals going in the pouring rain? Now THAT's racing.
Watching floaty-o's circle a bowl is more interesting than watching the same over-stickered blobs, that you CAN'T buy off the showroom floor, around and around in the Toilet Bowl 500. The only race I'll watch, and only shortly, is Darlington, and maybe Sears Point if I happen to catch it.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Need brand identity. Dump the COT. NASCAR needs to understand folks want to watch a race, not NASCAR Officials standing in the pits.

As for Jr. His crew chief is a post. Need someone who can think faster than drying pain.....

Sure miss Dale Sr.

Jim
N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by JPro
Bikini carwash during pit stops under caution? 50 stray cats available for extra points? Beer chugging mandatory with each tire change?

i would watch that.

Something clever here.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I used to watch flat track motorcycle racing; after that taxicab racing (NASCAR) is pure tedium. Dave Skinner's idea about European style sedan racing might help.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

LOL

...dude, we're hanging out.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by northern_dave

i would watch that.

Wath that...heck, I'd participate! Well only if the beer and the bikini's were free.

grin

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
...I'd participate! Well only if the beer and the bikini's were free.

I'm thinking that if you were out there in a bikini washing cars, viewership would really suffer...

Scott

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

108 members (10gaugemag, 257wthbylover, 907brass, 32_20fan, 1badf350, 19 invisible), 2,224 guests, and 929 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,643
Posts18,533,676
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.