Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Yeah well, what is your personal experience with simular scenarios?

I have been reading of similar accounts concerning ATF,BATF,BATFE for decades. Wrong address here, wrong person there, informant this, informant that, heavy-handed tactics, stongarm dealers,throw guns in the middle of the floor on a blanket, etc. etc.

Every decade or two they get yanked in before Congress and get their wrists slapped. At first I was sceptical of reports as I am very pro-law enforcement (my daughter is an officer in a federal agency). After forty years of watching I now view them with a very jaundiced eye. Sorry fella, you won't change my mind overnight, but the ATF could start trying.

NRA Benefactor Member

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizenry still gets to vote!"
GB1

Z
zeN Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Z
I wouldn't give 2 [bleep] in the wind for the opinions of most law enforcement users on a subject like this, that's like asking Cheney if he thought their was any kind of conflict of interest with his official capacity as Vice-President and his connection to the war profiteering Haliburton Corporation

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I don't want to change your mind about the ATF, but their screw-ups are generally those of bureaucratic stupidity and lack of practicle experience, not over-zealous, random acts of boredom and oppression that some clowns believe.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
I've read your complete lack of facts based posts and your incessant knock on the government/cops whiny-assed rants and your "2 schitz in the wind" comment was a perfect description.

You came here with a agenda, son, and you're as transparent as they come.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What doesn't make any sense is that the ATF took all 14 long guns,but left the only handgun,a Beretta auto.So the felon still has access to a firearm-an "evil" handgun to boot.

WB.

"You set your own goals for success, and when you succeed it don't necessarily mean that you're going to be a big star or make a lot of money or anything. You'll feel it in your heart whether you've succeeded or not." - Roy Buchanan
IC B2

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Agreed. But, that suggests to me that many gaps are still in need of being filled.

If I spent my entire legal career preparing by only relying on what the defendant and his mom and dad had told me, my jury verdicts win/loss record would be far different.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Z
zeN Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Z
Well you strike me as a closet homo internet stalker who is probably master****** as you type (trying to anyways), but they do have a procedure for that and it's called a
Cephalanalectomy
and I highly reccomend it for you, here's a little treat for you (ok, a diversion to get you off 24 for a bit) while you're dreaming of Sargeant Joe Friday

http://www.logoonline.com/video/mis...deo-from-ep-5-us-of-ant.jhtml?id=1585597

Last edited by zeN; 05/18/09.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
some of you fellas are sure ready to cut the BAT-thugs alot of slack .

I agree with the Caption , these guys have a VERY long history of such abuses.....as far as I'm concerned , they are guilty until proven innocent .

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Randy Weaver comes to mind.............

When it comes to choosing friends....I'm at an age where I'd rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just a question, during the period of time for the past eight years prior to Jan 09. Was the BATF Bush's thugs, or just the BATF? I am sure Obama got a call prior to serving the warrant seeking his approval, just as GB always got one. smile Obama is quite a few things, but a micro-manager of the BATF in their daily operations he's not.

IC B3

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by Captain
Yeah well, what is your personal experience with simular scenarios?

I have been reading of similar accounts concerning ATF,BATF,BATFE for decades. Wrong address here, wrong person there, informant this, informant that, heavy-handed tactics, stongarm dealers,throw guns in the middle of the floor on a blanket, etc. etc.

Every decade or two they get yanked in before Congress and get their wrists slapped. At first I was sceptical of reports as I am very pro-law enforcement (my daughter is an officer in a federal agency). After forty years of watching I now view them with a very jaundiced eye. Sorry fella, you won't change my mind overnight, but the ATF could start trying.
....I'm in complete concurrence with your post based on the repeated abuses I've seen from the BATF over the years. It seems that abuse is standard procedure with them. Several previous congressional investigations of thier abuses have each ended with recommendations that they be disbanded. They've even been caught illegally purchasing aircraft to build thier own 'air force' against congressional approval. Even that didn't get them disbanded. The Weaver case ended with them convicted of several counts of perjury during the Boise trial, and still we have no real changes there it seems...The first gov't agent shot at Waco was a BATF agent who shot himself accidentally,as he climbed a ladder to assault the compound. His wounding resulted in several of his fellow agents opening fire with m-16 fire through the upstairs windows into the "offending" compound inhabitants.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by WheelchairBandit
Pat,
I don't think the fact that the son is a convicted felon is in doubt.It's the complete over-reaction by the ATF that is being questioned.The guy was in on a forged check 34 years ago when he was a teenager.Not exactly John Dillinger.

WB.
+1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by ranger1
Am I to understand that it is a crime to have the keys to the safe in the house if a felon lives there? Would it also be a crime if you unknowingly had a felon to supper and your guns weren't locked up at all? Sure am glad I don't live east of the Mississippi - can't imagine why anyone does.
It's incidents like this that are motivating many states to insulate themselves and their citizens from Federal gun laws. If each state passed legislation nullifying Federal gun laws within their borders, and started arresting Federal agents for this kind of thing, it would stop.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
That felon living there comment is not making sense to me. Gordon Liddy is often fond of saying he doesn't own any guns (as a convicted felon) but his wife owns plenty of them.

This part as well as some other issues are still quite vague.A thorough reporter would have included the substance of the search warrant affidavit in her reporting. Her article doesn't even address the probable cause for the warrant. I can't imagine a felon living there as a basis for the search warrant unless Conn has some specifically related statute I'm unaware of.But, this is Federal so it's unclear to me thus far.

The search warrant included the seizure of home ownership information, as well.

So far, it's not a good day for the BATF but the affidavit and the evidence might make for another outlook.

Last edited by isaac; 05/18/09.

William Arthur Ward

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by zeN
I wouldn't give 2 [bleep] in the wind for the opinions of most law enforcement users on a subject like this, that's like asking Cheney if he thought their was any kind of conflict of interest with his official capacity as Vice-President and his connection to the war profiteering Haliburton Corporation

Dear dumbass:

Cheney got rid of his Halliburton stock before he became vice president.

The stock lost 80% of its value the first two years Cheney was in office. It didn't get back to its pre-election stock price for about five years.

The Iraq work was not profitable, it was other work that finally got the stock price up in 2007 and 8, before it tanked, while Cheney was in office. If he was trying to help Halliburton, he was doing a damn poor job of it.

Any other moonbat myths you want clarified?

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I don't want to change your mind about the ATF, but their screw-ups are generally those of bureaucratic stupidity and lack of practicle experience, not over-zealous, random acts of boredom and oppression that some clowns believe.

So what's your take on the Cavalry Arms situation that 2 years later still has no arrests, no transparency, no apologies and appears to be nothing more than a BATF over zealous, random act of oppression?

[Linked Image]

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
it is usually a mistake to blame a screw up by federal bureaucrats on actual malice.....that would require too much thought and effort.

if you go with incompetence and/or negligence, you'll usually be right

and before anybody makes too big a fool of themselves (too late for you, zen) over this case, I'd wait to hear a bit more

unless you really enjoyed that crow feast on the "Patriot Act teenager kidnapping" wink

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Z
zeN Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Z
Up Yours Dumba** Iraq was all about profit, sacking Iraq for contracts, insider deals, war profiteering in general, etc, also a smokescreen for curtailing citizen's rights, the creation and empowerment of new government bureaucracies including BATF, not to mention the treasonous influence on our governement by foreign lobbys such as AIPAC, who recently was under investigation for spying, that is to say Israel's influence on our officials, aka Jane Harman, connected to the AIPAC scandal- if I didn't have anything more important to do I might waste more of my time on you
Jerk

Last edited by zeN; 05/18/09.
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
I'm guessing your about 17 and have more tubes of Clerasil than you do toothpaste! And, you have flunked the GED exam at least twice.

'Bout right?

William Arthur Ward

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
does this child zen sound familiar to anybody else.....like someone with issues who was put in permanent time out a while back?

just contwolling his wittle potty mouth a little better right now?

Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

378 members (1beaver_shooter, 10ring1, 2500HD, 160user, 21, 17CalFan, 37 invisible), 17,094 guests, and 1,092 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,882
Posts18,538,383
Members74,050
Most Online20,796
Yesterday at 04:44 PM

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.