Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Z
zeN Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Z
So all the shootings, harrassment, violations of citizen's Constitutional rights-all that is incompetence? That's not gonna cut it with the citizenry anymore, I'm following the story in LA on youtube right now where a suspect, who is prone on the ground, hands clasped behind his head is attacked by a cop who comes running up to him, gun drawn, and full-force kicks him in the head-is that incompetence too? Give me a freakin' break, 'incompetence' is a codeword used by LE to get away with thuggery

Last edited by zeN; 05/18/09.
GB1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
you reversed the order of those two words just so no one would guess you were a regular player. laugh

I did? I'll defer to your expertise, bwana. wink
Yes, like you, I played in college. wink

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I was gonna say zen is Johnny Cochran, but he dead. Who was Rodney King's lawyer?

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by zeN
So all the shootings, harrassment, violations of citizen's Constitutional rights-all that is incompetence? That's not gonna cut it with the citizenry anymore, I'm following the story in LA on youtube right now where a suspect, who is prone on the ground, hands clasped behind his head is attacked by a cop who comes running up to him, gun drawn, and full-force kicks him in the head-is that incompetence too? Give me a freakin' break, 'incompetence' is a codeword used by LE to get away with thuggery
Whether incompetence or otherwise, the problem lies fundamentally in the depth and degree of power claimed over individuals by a distant and unaccountable authority. That's where the fight needs to be fought, i.e., reining in the Federal Government and police powers in general, i.e., restore the Constitution and federalism.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
That's not gonna cut it with the citizenry anymore

Ah, so in one thread you state that I can't speak for the members of law enforcement community and my opinion is my own. In this thread, apparently, you can speak for the citizenry.

Apparently your hypocrisy knows no bounds.

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
IC B2

Z
zeN Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Z
Yes you are a citizen, but you are also a policeman, you are paid by the very government that is under scrutiny here in such a forum, what exactly would we expect you to say? You are part of the apparatus that is being hotly debated, what CANNOT be allowed in a public forum like this is to allow someone like you to suppress, control or squash public debate,
because in case you haven't been paying attention, the internet is the vehicle for grass roots public resistance to these abuses,
but please, speak your mind-you can be sure I will, and I hope it encourages others to do the same, many of them are afraid to speak out, some have told me that;
the only thing we have to fear is fear itself
(and BATF, apparently)

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
what CANNOT be allowed in a public forum like this is to allow someone like you to suppress, control or squash public debate,
because in case you haven't been paying attention, the internet is the vehicle for grass roots public resistance to these abuses,
+++++++++++++

You are one whacked out goofball,dude! Paint thinner? Glue? Please tell me you have an excuse!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by zeN
Yes you are a citizen, but you are also a policeman, you are paid by the very government that is under scrutiny here in such a forum, what exactly would we expect you to say? You are part of the apparatus that is being hotly debated, what CANNOT be allowed in a public forum like this is to allow someone like you to suppress, control or squash public debate,
but please, speak your mind-you can be sure I will, and I hope it encourages others to do the same, many of them are afraid to speak out, some have told me that;
(and BATF, apparently)

Speak your mind and stand behind your opinions, I ceratainly will.

The difference is, I will do so without lumping together members of a subculture due to the abuses of a few. If you want me to, I can easily do so (priests, teachers, doctors, plumbers, soldiers: where do you want me to start?)

Again, you refer to "people like (me)". You have no idea who I am and what my beliefs are. Some here do. The fact is, IIRC, you're from California. Since we're classifying, you must be a pinko commie liberal (sorry to all the good Cali. folks, it's just to prove a point).

"People like me" want to see things discussed rationally. "People like me" want to see the problem cops driven off the job. "People like me" will be standing up with all the other goodly folks out there in support of the Constitution and the American way. If you knew half of what you think you know, you would be dangerous.

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by WheelchairBandit
What doesn't make any sense is that the ATF took all 14 long guns,but left the only handgun,a Beretta auto.So the felon still has access to a firearm-an "evil" handgun to boot.

WB.

as i read it, the 14 guns taken were in a case on the wall with the keys hanging where anyone living in the abode had access to them...
the handgun that was not seized was locked separately in a safe...

"Chances Will Be Taken"

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by zeN
(and BATF, apparently)

You're assuming, junior, that every LEO is a "company man" and doesn't think for himself. NOTHING could be further from the truth. If you were familiar with those involved in law enforcement you'd be aware that most of them have an uncanny ability to see through the crap and find the truth, probably why you aren't getting anywhere here.

"May the LORD bless you and keep you, may His face shine upon you, may He be gracious and give you peace"
from Numbers 6:24-26

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by isaac
what CANNOT be allowed in a public forum like this is to allow someone like you to suppress, control or squash public debate,
+++++++++++++

You are one whacked out goofball,dude! Paint thinner? Glue? Please tell me you have an excuse!

Actually "felcher" comes to mind.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by zeN

you self-important little twirp......"many" are afraid to speak out..."some" have even confided in you. What kind of fantasy are you living in, as a ....what, two week, 80 post forum genius?

go back to Kos and DU where you belong.....you'll get laughed at less

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
2ndwind Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Saw a tee shirt once that said, "The BATF should be a convenience store.... NOT a Federal agency!"

IMO there is a collective fear of oppressive government powers... be they LEO, IRS, left wing "activist" judges, Marxist Presidents... basically any power/authority sort that gets out of control.

It is my hope that due to recent political events this fear will result in any possible abuse of power being looked at very closely...

"Social activism" has been use to the point where a Klan member would not be likely to use "the N word" in public and similar "activism" has resulted in making the use of the word homosexual almost forbidden <not to mention more derogatory terms> the gay and lesbian power groups have seen to that...

Plan A would now seem to be to build on the 2 nd amendment rights gains to the point where there has to be a crystal clear reason given for any gun confiscation activity... with maybe a dozen extra forms to be filled out and made public to keep any such abuses in check...

BTW, might be time to start another religion thread to being back more harmony at the Campfirewink

Please don't feed the trolls!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Gentlemen,

Let us not be hasty in dismissing the views of this bright young newcomer to the fire we know as zEN.

Perhaps he has pieced together the threads that will weave into a vast tapestry that will be the undoing of the toxic right wing federal law enforcement conspiracy that was inflicted upon us all by Bush and Cheney.

Naaah,

It's probably just that glue he sniffed in his mom's basement while he was doing his homework for 10th grade. grin

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I like the LEO bashing. It keeps me on my toes. It's easy to forget that there are crazy people out there when you deal mostly with normal citizens. Meth monkeys and crack whores are "normal" citizens compared to dumbasses that are ate-up with conspiracy theories.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sounds like another Ruby Ridge or Waco to me.....

de 73's Archie - W7ACT

[Linked Image]

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
sounds like BPML is back with a new handle to me

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by ruraldoc
Perhaps he has pieced together the threads that will weave into a vast tapestry that will be the undoing of the toxic right wing federal law enforcement conspiracy that was inflicted upon us all by Bush and Cheney.
Right wing and law enforcement conspiracy are contradictory concepts. It is the left that seeks state power concentration to the degree that it might (will) pose a threat to individual liberty. Right wingers are the ones who distrust such concentrations of state power. Let's keep our terms straight.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
That's pure BS. It's just not as easy for the left to get away with it 'cause the right wrote the book on dirty tricks.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by ruraldoc
Right wing and law enforcement conspiracy are contradictory concepts. It is the left that seeks state power concentration to the degree that it might (will) pose a threat to individual liberty. Right wingers are the ones who distrust such concentrations of state power. Let's keep our terms straight.

if you care enough to look, the extreme right wing and the extreme left wing hold almost the same political positions, albeit based on radically different viewpoints... those who make the claim that there is "only one way, and everyone must conform", usually find similar methods to enforce conformity...

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (12344mag, 1234, 160user, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 06hunter59, 56 invisible), 2,191 guests, and 1,103 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,557
Posts18,531,558
Members74,039
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.