Hop To
Page 2 of 18 1 2 3 4 17 18
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Barkoff
We here do not think we are asking for too much

Who is "we here"?

He's referring to all those other voices in his head.

=====================
Boots were made for walking
Winds were blowing change
Boys fall in the jungle
As I Came of Age

GB1

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Out of my corner too ... just to say it appears to me that zeNII is out on parole. His cop-hating attitude MUST have come from a bad experience that way.

Dave
Z
zeNII Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Z
Well the Founding Fathers had a bias against law enforcement, and if they saw the bloated Police State and how they actively harasses and violates the rights of citizens under the color of law they would be screaming for revolution,
as far as their character goes their comments speak for themselves, I will let the readers make their own judgement on that:)
In the future let me reccomend that you confine yourself to the topic, and avoid making personal aspersions, I attempt to do the same but occaissionally due to the assinine remarks made by this little gang I must do a little arse-kicking myself, but rest assured I will attempt to avoid any collateral damage:)

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
yeah, I was wondering the same thing, highwayman.
If that is the case, I can understand it souring a guy SOMEWHAT, but not enough to assume that the whole organization nationwide is corrupt.

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It is called freedom of speech azzhat! And I am long retired but have a daughter that is still an active Deputy Sheriff, everything they do out on public is recorded at least on audio and a lot on the dash cam. GET A FRICKIN LIFE!

I don't care what you say, but reserve the right to call BS on what you say.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
As to the "Police State" that is reference to an over regulatory GOVERNMENT, not the Police or Sheriff's Departments.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by T LEE
It is called freedom of speech azzhat! And I am long retired but have a daughter that is still an active Deputy Sheriff, everything they do out on public is recorded at least on audio and a lot on the dash cam. GET A FRICKIN LIFE!

I don't care what you say, but reserve the right to call BS on what you say.
If you think his views are so self-evidently absurd, why not just destroy his position with counter arguments and contradicting facts? You'd have more credibility that way. Being the first to do the name calling thing just makes it seem like your arguments must be weak or non-existent.

I realize the fact that your daughter is a cop (and you're a retired one) makes it hard for you to keep your cool when this topic comes up, but it would be well worth the effort.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
everything they do out on public is recorded at least on audio and a lot on the dash cam.

Right there Hawk and the following post about "Police State".

PLUS my qualifier: "I don't care what you say, but reserve the right to call BS on what you say."

Aside from the fact I am tired of arguing with idiots like this, as well as the rest of the tinfoil hat club.

Last edited by T LEE; 05/20/09.

Old cat turd!

Z
zeNII Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Z
Originally Posted by T LEE
[quote]everything they do out on public is recorded at least on audio and a lot on the dash cam.

That is just pure rubbish!
Also, we need laws that make it a RIGHT (it already is) for citizens to videotape the police when they are making arrests, etc., if they are doing things right, why would they object? You will get harrassed, your video confiscated or arrested or ? if you try videotaping the police (knowingly);
The case for the public taping police can be made on youtube, scores of police misconduct are available for the public to view, and I will be posting them, good day!

Last edited by zeNII; 05/20/09.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It is FACT on our Department Sir. And sure saves frivolous lawsuits from idiots.

Old cat turd!

IC B3

Z
zeNII Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Z
here's another interesting site for citizens who want to investigate this subject in the LA area

DARE to break the Police Code of Silence

Since November, 2001, L.A. PoliceWatch has published information online about police misconduct in the Los Angeles area, including summaries of press-reported police shootings, recent important published opinions in the federal and California courts, and complaints of police beatings, shootings, false arrests, illegal searches, harassment, and prisoner abuses, providing contact information for thousands of victims to attorneys.

If you have been a victim of unlawful conduct by police in the Los Angeles area, or if you are a qualified civil rights attorney who is interested in further information, please call the L.A. PoliceWatch hotline (213) 387-3325. Dare to break the police code of silence.

On this website, you will find news about recent incidents of police use of force, as reported in the local press; summaries of recent cases ruling on signficant police misconduct issues; useful forms, including a sample form for use in reporting police misconduct to the LAPD, and filing notice of intention to sue a government law enforcement employer, as well as a sample form for making a California Public Records Act request for information from a law enforcement agency. You can use this website to contact LA Police Watch, help fund LA Police Watch, or read That's How It Works, the police blog

LA Police Watch

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by zeNII
Well, it's obvious the POLICE COMMUNITY and their little minions don't like the idea of the police being monitored by the citizenry, that's a big suprise, isn't it? LOL Oh well, it make some time for the LE community to realize that you work for us, and monitoring your activities is really a done deal, even if the Police State really happens, but you have to ask yourself, is it really appropriate for police officers to make replies on a citizens forum re: this topic? After all, on this subject, LE is the SUSPECT

Hands down one of the most ridiculous statements to date.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What we need is more, lots more, like you locked up in the funny farm.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Z
zeNII Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Z
Here's one case on LA Police Watch worth reading:

"Bruce v. Beary, 11th Cir. Case No. 06-15304, 9/6/2007. Based on report of improper VIN, sheriff�s department SWAT team conducts armed raid on auto repair shop as an �administrative search�; holds employees at gunpoint all day; refuses to consider evidence of lawful ownership; seizes business and personal property; retains it even after courts rule the search was unlawful. Trial court dismisses �1983 claims on summary judgment. Vacated and remanded. Administrative searches can be based on some suspicion of criminal activity, but must not be conducted like warrant-based search (e.g., holding employees at gunpoint for ten hours); must be limited in scope. This was a criminal raid.

Z
zeNII Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Z
Bigbuck are you a cop?

K
K
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
Why did you re-register as zeNII today.....did Zen the First get kicked off? Like you did before under you older handle?

I believe he is the anti military goof, that is on a 60 day ban from another site.

His rants are almost verbatem.

To those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know.

Unknown. Empty C-ration box, Khe Sahn 1968
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Are you doing anything to change the system or are you content at whining on the internet?

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
Z
zeNII Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Z
Here in this interesting case we have the LA police arresting a partially deaf man, and taking away his hearing aid batteries, the case is dismissed because he cannot communicate effectively (duh)

Robertson v. Las Animas County Sheriff�s Department, 10 Cir. Case No. 06-1027, 9/10/2007. Deaf plaintiff is jailed. Jailers booking him note that he has difficulty hearing, and book as property his hearing aid batteries. Later, he is unable to communicate with lawyer or participate in CCTV hearing, because he can�t hear what�s going on. District court dismisses his ADA claim of jail failure to accommodate his disability on summary judgment on ground that defendants were not aware of his disability because he had not reported to them his inability to hear. Reversed. Evidence raises material dispute, and even though at hearing charges were dismissed. His inability to participate in the hearing is an injury.

Z
zeNII Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Z
Here's an interesting statement from former Presidential candidate Bob Barr on the Liberty Papers site:

�Absent exigent circumstances, not present here, so-called no-knock raids are an affront to the Constitution,� explains Barr. �So is a shoot first, ask questions later philosophy by the police. Yet the Prince George�s police have done this before�last fall they invaded a house at the wrong address and shot the family dog. All Americans are at risk when the police behave this way. Just ask yourself what might happen if a suspicious package is delivered to your home and the cops bust in,� says Barr.

�But there is an even larger point. Law enforcement agencies have become more arrogant and less accountable in cases other than those involving drugs. Most people are aware of well-publicized examples like Waco and Ruby Ridge, but similar abuses are common across the country, though they usually receive little or no public notice,� notes Barr. �We all want police to do their jobs well, but part of doing their job well is respecting the people�s constitutional liberties.�

�As president I will ensure that federal law enforcement agencies set a good example for the rest of the country,� says Barr. �In a Barr administration, government officials will never forget that it is a free people they are protecting.�

http://www.thelibertypapers.org/2008/08/13/barr-weighs-in-on-no-knock-raids/

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have cameras on me from the moment I enter the facility, I now work in, to the time I leave. I could care less if I'm on tape because I do my job and do it well, along with the other 23 officers that I supervise. If you are arrogant enough to throw around the comment, we control you and you work for us, it would appear that you have forgotten that we too are citizens and pay taxes. Have you stopped to consider that I pay my salary too. I answer to the Sgt, the Lt, the Major, the Undersheriff, the Sheriff, the County Commisioners, the feds and most importantly the citizens that I have sworn to protect. That is much more control and oversight then you have working at Walmart answering to the night manager. You want to follow me around with a camera give me a call, I'll get it cleared through the chain of command and you can watch me all day long. It won't make one bit of difference in how I perform my duties. Ryan

Page 2 of 18 1 2 3 4 17 18

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

592 members (12344mag, 1936M71, 160user, 1badf350, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 55 invisible), 2,498 guests, and 1,237 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,408
Posts18,470,229
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.