GB1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by zeNII
Fish and Game Kills Hunter on his own Property, FOX NEWS

http://www.myfox8.com/wghp-hunter-killed-090412,0,4986126.story
Well, the man was hard of hearing so it was his fault, not the cops. If you're hard of hearing in this day and age, you just have to expect that a cop will shoot you for failing to immediately comply with whatever orders he shouts at you. We cannot have a society where folks don't instantly grovel in compliance to a cop's commands, can we?

Z
zeNII Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Z
CITIZENS, SHOULD MARGARET VISCHERS HAVE BEEN ARRESTED AND HUMILIATED BECAUSE OF "DISCRETIONARY ARREST?"

As they drove through the first dark intersection, neither of them noticed the park ranger's vehicle. Andre, 58, recalled seeing a stop sign and lightly touching the brakes but not coming to a full stop.
After they were pulled over by the rangers, Vischer said he told them about the bottle of wine he and his wife had shared during their four-hour dinner. Both Vischers were given Breathalyzer tests. Andre's blood alcohol registered .08, the minimum at which a person is considered legally drunk. Margaret tested at .06.
Andre was frisked, handcuffed, read his rights and taken away by two rangers. Another ranger drove the couple's rental car while Margaret remained at the side of the road where a male ranger frisked her, handcuffed her and took her to Yosemite's small jail to spend the night. There, she was fingerprinted, photographed, questioned and told to strip, shower and put on an orange jumpsuit.
When Margaret asked why she was being jailed even though her blood-alcohol level was under the legal limit and she was not driving, she said rangers told her they considered her a danger to herself and others. The next day she was released without being charged.
The couple spent Margaret's 60th birthday a few days later at the park's federal courthouse, where Andre pleaded guilty to driving under the influence and paid a $2,500 fine.
"The whole thing was totally intimidating and humiliating and totally unnecessary," Margaret Vischer said in a recent telephone interview from the couple's home in Sydney.
Cam Sholly, Yosemite's deputy chief ranger, said the decision to arrest Margaret Vischer was discretionary "This was a fine line between taking someone into custody for their own safety and releasing someone whose judgment is impaired to a degree that they could be a danger to themselves," he said.
But Margaret Vischer's story has a familiar ring to other visitors, employees and defense attorneys with similar accounts of alleged overzealous policing in a place where people come to relax and expect to be treated like guests. Most of the people who have questioned the conduct of park rangers acknowledged doing something out of line. Nonetheless, they contend that the treatment by park rangers was out of proportion to the minor infractions they committed and out of place in a national park.

http://articles.latimes.com/2004/dec/13/local/me-yosemite13

Last edited by zeNII; 05/23/09.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Fish and Game Kills Hunter on his own Property, FOX NEWS

http://www.myfox8.com/wghp-hunter-killed-090412,0,4986126.story
Well, the man was hard of hearing so it was his fault, not the cops. If you're hard of hearing in this day and age, you just have to expect that a cop will shoot you for failing to immediately comply with whatever orders he shouts at you. We cannot have a society where folks don't instantly grovel in compliance to a cop's commands, can we?

And you once again have judged without knowing the facts, haven't you? You have already judged that F&G officer of murder, and you weren't there, you have no idea if he was drawn down on.

I have a question for you. By judging this F&G officer without knowing the facts, aren't you acting in the very same manner that you regularly accuse the police of. Isn't this the same thing as cops pre-judging somebody and acting before they know all the facts? You just accused this officer of gunning down an old man becasue he was deaf, or becasue he did not comply, when in reality it is possible the officer had a firearm pointed at him. The truth does not concern you, you have pre-judged.. the very same criticism you level at LEOs.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Barkoff
I have a question for you. By judging this F&G officer without knowing the facts, aren't you acting in the very same manner that you regularly accuse the police of.
My "jumps to judgment" can never result in the death of a police officer. That's the difference.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have a question for you. By judging this F&G officer without knowing the facts, aren't you acting in the very same manner that you regularly accuse the police of.
My "jumps to judgment" can never result in the death of a police officer. That's the difference.

Really, how do you know?

How do you know that somebody on this very page will not be fired up by your opinion and then take it out during his next interaction with a game officer? How do you know that old man up in the tree reacting with anger towards that game officer was not the result of being whipped up by opinion just like yours?

That is a weak justification. Because you're feeling confident that your opinion won't result in death, does not excuse the prejudgment of others.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
That is a weak justification.
On the contrary, yours is a weak argument if you are suggesting that to express a steady state of suspicion concerning a roving force of armed uniformed men under the command and authorization of government agencies is the problem. If that's the case, you'd also better ban the publication, distribution, and possession of copies of the Federalist and Anti-Federalist Papers, but then that's likely right up your alley too.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
After exhaustive (and continued) research into the Police Mind,

is that what you call this absurd cut and paste exercise you've been doing?

you couldn't research a dog turd, kid

and to make matters worse, you've kidnapped TRH and have some lunatic posting under his handle

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Do you have a problem with the legality of the stop and arrest of the husband who was driving the veh.? Do you feel that it was a petty stop and arrest?

I don't know the reasons for the arrest of the wife other then what was posted by the writer in this case. I've seen people who were well below the legal BAC limit, but were stumbling and unable to care for themselves, darn sure not able to safely operate a motor vehicle.

If this was the case she should of been charged with Public Intox. And for that a BAC test isn't required, in this state anyway. There is a clause in the statute in this state, that does state if the offender may be endangered as a reason for arrest, this as many things in LE are discretionary.

This may also be the case in many other states PI laws. If she wasn't considered PI she should of been taken to a motel etc versus being held and released later.

I am not even going to speculate any more on this case involving the wife.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That is a weak justification.
On the contrary, yours is a weak argument if you are suggesting that to express a steady state of suspicion concerning a roving force of armed uniformed men under the command and authorization of government agencies is the problem. If that's the case, you'd also better ban the publication, distribution, and possession of copies of the Federalist and Anti-Federalist Papers, but then that's likely right up your alley too.

No, no, that was not suspicion you posted, that was accusation. Don't try to take accusation without knowledge of fact and turn it into something noble, worthy of our founding fathers. It was not suspicion, you posted accusation. You stated it as fact.

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Steve_NO

and to make matters worse, you've kidnapped TRH and have some lunatic posting under his handle
Hey, I can't say I mind the fact that Zen has siphoned off some of the heat that used to be directed at me, but I challenge you to demonstrate what aspects of my opinion have been altered of late. My views on political issues have been fairly consistent over time.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
No, no, that was not suspicion you posted, that was accusation ... You stated it as fact.
Really? Where?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steve_NO

Hey, I can't say I mind the fact that Zen has siphoned off some of the heat that used to be directed at me, but I challenge you to demonstrate what aspects of my opinion have been altered of late. My views on political issues have been fairly consistent over time.

I won't, and never argued that. Yes, you have been consistent. In the case mentioned, I have not exonerated that game officer, I just realize that sometimes we will never know what happened, therefore there are sometimes when judgment at all will be unfair to either of the parties involved, and that is unfortunate.

I'll go one further for you, if the cop would have died and the old man lived, I don't think the old man would have been afforded the same degree of trust, that this officer has received, that being said, it could have gone down just as the officer said, I can't know, I can't judge.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No, no, that was not suspicion you posted, that was accusation ... You stated it as fact.
Really? Where?

Well, the man was hard of hearing so it was his fault, not the cops. If you're hard of hearing in this day and age, you just have to expect that a cop will shoot you for failing to immediately comply with whatever orders he shouts at yo

You stated as fact that this man died only becasue he could not hear and comply, and we don't know that. If memory serves me, that was speculation by friends and family who were not there.

Z
zeNII Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Z
I am presenting these stories and allowing the public to make up their own minds about it, all stories are referenced, these reports are already public

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Well, the man was hard of hearing so it was his fault, not the cops. If you're hard of hearing in this day and age, you just have to expect that a cop will shoot you for failing to immediately comply with whatever orders he shouts at yo

You stated as fact that this man died only becasue he could not hear and comply, and we don't know that.

You must be reading something different than what's posted above if that's what you take from it.

Z
zeNII Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Z
I think this cop's attitude about the foreign elderlly woman, who broke no laws, as the story reports she was BAC .06 which is legal even in Mexifornia here, she gets searched, stripped, put in orange and in jail by a male, apparently for the comfort and safety of the officers-it sure as hell wasn't for HER comfort, and this is all LE can say?
Wait till it is YOUR wife, and tell me then pardners~

*You know the more I think about it, some people here are not morally fit to be LE, if they can justify this BS End Of Story

Wake Up Already

Last edited by zeNII; 05/23/09.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

You stated as fact that this man died only becasue he could not hear and comply, and we don't know that.

You must be reading something different than what's posted above if that's what you take from it.

Well, then my apologies for the misunderstanding, though I still have no idea how else to take it.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Well, then my apologies for the misunderstanding, though I still have no idea how else to take it.
Sarcasm: a mode of satirical wit depending for its effect on bitter, caustic, and often ironic language.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think this cop's attitude about the foreign elderlly woman, who broke no laws, as the story reports she was BAC .06 which is legal even in Mexifornia here, she gets searched, stripped, put in orange and in jail by a male, apparently for the comfort and safety of the officers-it sure as hell wasn't for HER comfort, and this is all LE can say?
Wait till it is YOUR wife, and tell me then pardners~

Wake Up Already

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
She may have been patted down on the road, by a male probably either using the back of his hand or an ASP baton. You have no proof that a male, stripped her down and watched her shower or dress or anything else. All your doing is taking some words and speculating.

Maybe if hubby had paid a little more attention to his driving or had the Mrs. drive they might of not been in the situation.

Page 8 of 18 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 17 18

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

516 members (22250rem, 1936M71, 10gaugeman, 219 Wasp, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 52 invisible), 1,786 guests, and 1,142 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,104
Posts18,522,429
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.