Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 14 of 18 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
He's providing a valuable service, if you ask me.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Only to the likes of a very goofy few.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
Pretty OCD, too.......this bizarre repetitive posting is pretty, uh, clinical, don't you think?

If an idiot like zen can provide it, then it can't be very valuable. What, you don't have your own google button, or you can't find prisonplanet.com?

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
B
BLG Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Pretty OCD, too.......this bizarre repetitive posting is pretty, uh, clinical, don't you think?

Hawke, I know you'll just say I can protect my own and don't need any LE assistance for anything, but if ever you and ZenII are in need of police assistance, when seconds count, I hope they are minutes away. Not wishing any ill will on you, but damn son, you really need help for your paranoia.

Clyde

The liberal mind is an endless black hole of stupidity.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by BLG
Hawke, I know you'll just say I can protect my own and don't need any LE assistance for anything, but if ever you and ZenII are in need of police assistance, when seconds count, I hope they are minutes away. Not wishing any ill will on you, but damn son, you really need help for your paranoia.
Paranoia? The Founders would have been positively ready for the rubber room by your standards, son.

PS I have never opposed the availability of armed assistance to citizens via the elected sheriff's office.

B
BLG Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
What standards would that be? Never stated any. I think there are good and bad in every profession. Obviously, most other professions don't have the ability to put you in jail or do you bodily harm. That being said, I really don't see this issue being as bad as you make it out to be. Are there issues with deriliction of duty and misconduct, sure. But, that is the exception rather than the rule, and there are avenues that can be taken to address said issues. A private police force does not make sense in today's world. Maybe at one time it did, but the misconduct in a private industry would be just as bad if not worse.

By the way, the "son" was just a figure of speech. Meant nothing by it.

Clyde

The liberal mind is an endless black hole of stupidity.
IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by BLG
Maybe at one time it did, but the misconduct in a private industry would be just as bad if not worse.
First of all, that's absurd. You can fire a private police force. Secondly, you may have confused me with Barak on this point. I favor policing by an elected sheriff and his staff with a high level of assistance by the public at large, not the elimination of legitimate authority. Far from it. Could private policing be part of that at the local levels? Certainly. That's not the same as advocating the elimination of lawful authority, which is essential for public order.

Z
zeNII Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Z
Originally Posted by BLG

Clyde

For your information for 99% of situations I neither WANT or NEED the help of current LE, if they were not involved in violating my rights and jacking the citizenry that would be just fine with me-the other 1% is what they are PAID to do, what is their OBLIGATION to do,
it's pretty clear from the responses that 99% of LE are not mentally or morally qualified to wear a badge

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by zeNII
Originally Posted by BLG

Clyde

For your information for 99% of situations I neither WANT or NEED the help of current LE, if they were not involved in violating my rights and jacking the citizenry that would be just fine with me-the other 1% is what they are PAID to do, what is their OBLIGATION to do,
it's pretty clear from the responses that 99% of LE are not mentally or morally qualified to wear a badge

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

War Damn Eagle!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Wow, your are such a fountain of Bullschitt zeN, you even have me beat, and that in itself is a feat! LEO basher's are downright pathetic. I truly hope the day comes when you need one, and they decide, "Sorry, we can't help you, it might denigrate your rights!"

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
no, little boy, I think you'd probably have serious need of LE if you ever had the misfortune to meet most members of this forum face to face. if they didn't split a gut laughing at you first.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BLG
Paranoia? The Founders would have been positively ready for the rubber room by your standards, son.

PS I have never opposed the availability of armed assistance to citizens via the elected sheriff's office.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Where do you get this silly concept that there's a difference between sheriff's deputies and police officers?

They both go to the same type of academy training and do the same type of work. They're both required to do the same type of continual training and carry the same type of equipment. They use the same type of procedures and tactics in dealing with situations.

Do you believe that deputies versus police officers, have more Constitutional training or act in a different way towards the citizens, because the sheriff is elected?

The sheriff as long as he/she doesn't get caught doing something too terribly illegal can stay in office forever. Most states have no term limits on the position. Do you think that unless it's in a small county that the sheriff is going to respond to your house or anyones house for calls of service.

They only have to get a small number of voters to vote them in. This due to the fact that the majority of folks don't vote or put much emphasis in local elections. This along with the fact that the vast majority of them are politicians first, lawmen second. They spend a lot of time campaigning on the job. Who's going to fire them? The county commission can't touch them.

I know sheriffs that the county commission is scared of them due to the power that the sheriff has politically, more power then they do. He can help run off a county commissioner, via supporting another candidate, who'll be more supportive to the sheriff.

Remember a sheriff has employee's who pretty well know if they get caught not supporting him it won't be good. They might not be fired due to civil service rules, but they won't get a slice of the pie, when it comes around regarding promotions and other career situations.

A county commissioner is just an individual. If the sheriff states that commissioner Y doesn't support the agency, and commissioner Z does. Who do you think the employee's and their family members are going to support?

I know a sheriff who's sued the citizens twice in his thirty year career. The cases went to court and a judge ruled in increasing the sheriffs budget. Both times causing a large property tax increase, and the citizens still reelected him. The last time was in 2005, less then a year before the 2006 election.

Chief's are hired by the city mayor or city council. They can be fired at the request of the mayor and a vote of the city council. Chief's positions are a whole lot more vulnerable to being removed from office as sheriff's are. But of course you have no knowledge or experience in the area, but you sure have opinions.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
it's a fever swamp thing.....sheriffs are elected and date way back in the common law....police chiefs are appointed and have only been around a century or two. sheriffs = good, police = bad.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
That zeN doofus probably got caught by LE stuck in one of his chickens crossing the road and that embarrassment causes him his current round of perpetual stupidity and LE bashing.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Z
zeNII Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Z
Now here is a situation in England years ago when some forms of hunting were banned, and people in society started to turn on each other, one group against another, being eyes for the police. The interesting thing to note is you could change the subject matter from "hunting" to all manner of other topics, like "speeding," "waving a flag," "posting comments on a forum," "speaking out against the police/government," "smoking," etc.
The real lesson here is that the Police State can never truly become functional unless and until they talk people into becoming wholesale informants:

"At long last (and with absolutely no thanks to the Labour Party or to Tony Blair) it looks as if hunting will soon be banned and as illegal as bear baiting, cock fighting and slavery. The hunters are taking it badly, poor dears. The thought of being deprived of the chance to chase stags, foxes and other wild creatures over the fields and through woodlands and gardens has driven them even pottier. Maybe it's the knowledge that they will soon have to buy pieces of liver from the local supermarket if they want to smear themselves with blood. Maybe they will just miss their ritual killings.
Many of the (soon to be) ex-hunters are now arrogantly shouting that they will defy the law and continue to hunt. Tut tut. When hunting was legal they were all such law abiding citizens - demanding that hunt sabs be hung, drawn and quartered for daring to interfere with the legal activities of the hunts. 'They won't stop me!' they cry. `I'll defy the law.'
Ah, what sweet joy this will be. How quickly they will capitulate when they are cornered by the police, tossed into vans, held in the cells and given criminal records.
What fun this is going to be.
Now it's our turn to see the hunters become the hunted.
The Welsh Princess and I have set up an informal organisation called LAUGH.
It stands for League Against Unlawful Grouping of Hounds.
And it is our task to help the police make sure that the new law against hunting is not broken.
We are forming a sort of Neighbourhood Watch for foxes and other animals.
If you would like to help us, and to become a good upstanding citizen, helping the police do their duty, here is what you do.
Keep an eye on your local paper and make a note of the names of all the local dignitaries, hunters and hunt supporters who are boasting that they will break the law.
Snip out the quotes.
Then all you have to do is send copies of the cuttings to the local police. The Government is constantly encouraging us to help the police stamp out crime. Let's do our duty.

Threatening to break the law, cause a breach of the peace, create public disorder and continue hunting is bound to be against several of Blunkett's new fascist laws. Would it not indeed be a conspiracy if several hunters announced their intention to break the law?
If you see a magistrate threatening to break the law (as some have done) report him to the Lord Chancellor. Magistrates who threaten to be lenient with hunters and hunt supporters will need to be removed from the bench.
If you hear about a solicitor saying that he will break the law, let the Law Society know. And the GMC will doubtless want to know about doctors who threaten to break the law. It is your duty to stop such criminal behaviour. Join LAUGH immediately.
After reporting hunters to the police it would be in the interests of the law abiding community for you to chase up the authorities to find out what action they have taken.
Keep an eye on local papers, local TV programmes, local radio programmes and so on.
Do your duty as a loyal, law abiding citizen.
Help us make sure that the new anti-hunting legislation is obeyed.
Joining LAUGH won't cost you a penny.
But knowing that you are helping to protect our nation against law breaking hooligans will make you feel warm inside.
Tell your friends about LAUGH. Encourage them to join."

http://www.vernoncoleman.com/laughdoyourduty.htm

Last edited by zeNII; 05/28/09.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
zeNII:

You are trying to use reasoning and logic on these people. You might as well give up, because there is no reason or logic gene in them.

No matter how much sense you make to me, and others on here, all you are going to get is more and more frustrated.

Some, probably most, of these people you are trying to reason with are LEOs, and I think, prosecutors. You will never reach them. If they were really interested in solving a problem that really needs to be solved, they would be more reasonable and join in, but they are just like those you have been writing about, who are bullies and abuse the system for their own profit and benefit.

They are not part of the problem. Them, and others like them are the problem.

The founding fathers gave us the Bill of Rights because they knew, over 200 years ago, how local police and constables of that time abused their authority. It hasn't changed today. That is why we have courts and judges, and some of them arn't much better than the ones they judge.

The founding fathers knew that the elected constables and sheriffs could and would not use sound judgment and would use the law to abuse, rob, and cheat people. They knew the rights of the people were too important to leave it up to the descretion of an appointed or elected sheriff or constable, charged with enforcing the law.

Even most police departments have an Internal Affairs division. What does this division do? It polices the police, or is supposed to. If an organization was trustworthy, would they need other policemen to keep them honest? I think not, and in addition, I don't think Internal Affairs does much to keep the other officers honest.

I don't need to name names. Just go back through the 15 pages of this thread and you can see for yourself who they are, and what they stand for. When you start a thread such as this, trying to use reason and logic, they jump in and squawk like a bunch of magpies, and it is always the same ones, except for a few of their followers who stand on the sidelines, hoping to run in and steal a bite of spoiled meat.

Read the previous threads and it will be obvious who these are, too. They are nothings, and it makes them feel important to jump on someone who is already down. They don't have the guts or intregrity to stand face to face. The let the others lead, then come along like scavangers to feast on the left overs.

Don't stop at this one particular thread. Go to others of similiar content, and the same names with the same BS will appear over and over, making no better sense than they make here.

There arn't but about ten of them, plus a few hangers-on, but throw out some bait, and you will be sure to catch one or more of them.

They don't want change. They don't want to clean up their act. They don't want to support anyone who wants to help them clean up their act.

Of the LEOs that are frequent contributers to this site, how would you like to be stopped and arrested by one of the ones I am talking about? You would be lucky to survive. If their attitude and true feelings comes out on a public forum like this, imigine what it would be like in the backroom of a police station with two or three of them, and you helpless and handcuffed to a ring in the wall.

I know, after writing this and making similiar comments, that if I were to be arrested by one of them, that my life would not be worth a plugged nickel.

Convicted prisoners are not members of high society, nor are they pillars of the community. Well, some of them were. Most are pretty low on the food chain. But, if a police officer is arrested and put in jail, they have to be kept seperated from the general population, because these inmates, as low on the food chain as they are, still look down on policemen.

If I were a cop, that is something I would not be proud of, to be looked down on and considered a lower class of humanity by other prisoners.

As mentioned, you are not going to make any headway. They are beyond your's or anyone's reach, when it comes to decency and trying to use reason and logic.

Just to give one example, a detective lied to me about a search warrant, and made threats, so that he could illegally confiscate property of mine. I wrote about it on another thread. While the detective was questioning me and threatening me about why I moved the property, I told him that I did not trust him not to plant evidence.

You haven't lived until have questioned the intregrity of a police officer, and tell him that you don't trust him to follow the law. When I told him I was worried that he might plant evidence, he went into a tailspin, threatening to sue me for slander and a bunch of other stuff.

While I was listening to him rant, I thought, sue me for slander? How could you slander a police officer? They are below slander.

What can I do about it? Who can I complain to? Why, Internal Affairs, of course, who are police officers themselves, who might as well be the foxes put in charge of guarding the chicken house. I did talk to the Internal Affairs officer, and the first thing she said to me was that she was positive that none of HER officers would even consider doing something like that.

Well, I knew better, because I was the one who had just come into contact with the dirty end of the stick. I dropped the complaint right then, while I still outside the cell.

Do we need people like that protecting us and looking out for our rights and well being? They are supposed to be honest and upright, but when a LEO has to lie and use deceit and threats, and threatens members of your family, to enforce the law, then there is something wrong with that law. Actually, it is not enforcing the law. It is lying and using deceit to get a conviction.

If a prosecutor has to lie and falsify evidence and encourage a police officer to commit perjury to get a conviction, they there is something very wrong with that law, and even more wrong with the intregrity of the prosecutor.

The few whose names appear most frequently on this thread and others like it won't agree, but it is fact. They are very easy to identify, because their posts are the most untruthful, hateful, bullying, disagreeing and self serving of anyone who uses this forum.

I am a member of a hunting club in south Georgia. One of the members is a deputy sheriff in the county our lease is in. We go by state game laws, plus a few others we came up with ourselves to improve the hunting, all legal.

Last year, we found some bait, a hundred or so pounds of corn which had been placed in the proximity of a stand. Baiting is illegal in Georgia. After an investigation, guess who we discovered had put out the bait, all around the area where he hunted, and who had built and hunted out of the stand?

Why, it was the deputy sheriff. Who else.

That is what this country needs-LEOs like this to protect our rights and safety and wellbeing.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 1234567
zeNII:

You are trying to use reasoning and logic on these people. You might as well give up, because there is no reason or logic gene in them.

No matter how much sense you make to me, and others on here, all you are going to get is more and more frustrated.

Some, probably most, of these people you are trying to reason with are LEOs, and I think, prosecutors. You will never reach them. If they were really interested in solving a problem that really needs to be solved, they would be more reasonable and join in, but they are just like those you have been writing about, who are bullies and abuse the system for their own profit and benefit.

They are not part of the problem. Them, and others like them are the problem.

The founding fathers gave us the Bill of Rights because they knew, over 200 years ago, how local police and constables of that time abused their authority. It hasn't changed today. That is why we have courts and judges, and some of them arn't much better than the ones they judge.

The founding fathers knew that the elected constables and sheriffs could and would not use sound judgment and would use the law to abuse, rob, and cheat people. They knew the rights of the people were too important to leave it up to the descretion of an appointed or elected sheriff or constable, charged with enforcing the law.

Even most police departments have an Internal Affairs division. What does this division do? It polices the police, or is supposed to. If an organization was trustworthy, would they need other policemen to keep them honest? I think not, and in addition, I don't think Internal Affairs does much to keep the other officers honest.

I don't need to name names. Just go back through the 15 pages of this thread and you can see for yourself who they are, and what they stand for. When you start a thread such as this, trying to use reason and logic, they jump in and squawk like a bunch of magpies, and it is always the same ones, except for a few of their followers who stand on the sidelines, hoping to run in and steal a bite of spoiled meat.

Read the previous threads and it will be obvious who these are, too. They are nothings, and it makes them feel important to jump on someone who is already down. They don't have the guts or intregrity to stand face to face. The let the others lead, then come along like scavangers to feast on the left overs.

Don't stop at this one particular thread. Go to others of similiar content, and the same names with the same BS will appear over and over, making no better sense than they make here.

There arn't but about ten of them, plus a few hangers-on, but throw out some bait, and you will be sure to catch one or more of them.

They don't want change. They don't want to clean up their act. They don't want to support anyone who wants to help them clean up their act.

Of the LEOs that are frequent contributers to this site, how would you like to be stopped and arrested by one of the ones I am talking about? You would be lucky to survive. If their attitude and true feelings comes out on a public forum like this, imigine what it would be like in the backroom of a police station with two or three of them, and you helpless and handcuffed to a ring in the wall.

I know, after writing this and making similiar comments, that if I were to be arrested by one of them, that my life would not be worth a plugged nickel.

Convicted prisoners are not members of high society, nor are they pillars of the community. Well, some of them were. Most are pretty low on the food chain. But, if a police officer is arrested and put in jail, they have to be kept seperated from the general population, because these inmates, as low on the food chain as they are, still look down on policemen.

If I were a cop, that is something I would not be proud of, to be looked down on and considered a lower class of humanity by other prisoners.

As mentioned, you are not going to make any headway. They are beyond your's or anyone's reach, when it comes to decency and trying to use reason and logic.

Just to give one example, a detective lied to me about a search warrant, and made threats, so that he could illegally confiscate property of mine. I wrote about it on another thread. While the detective was questioning me and threatening me about why I moved the property, I told him that I did not trust him not to plant evidence.

You haven't lived until have questioned the intregrity of a police officer, and tell him that you don't trust him to follow the law. When I told him I was worried that he might plant evidence, he went into a tailspin, threatening to sue me for slander and a bunch of other stuff.

While I was listening to him rant, I thought, sue me for slander? How could you slander a police officer? They are below slander.

What can I do about it? Who can I complain to? Why, Internal Affairs, of course, who are police officers themselves, who might as well be the foxes put in charge of guarding the chicken house. I did talk to the Internal Affairs officer, and the first thing she said to me was that she was positive that none of HER officers would even consider doing something like that.

Well, I knew better, because I was the one who had just come into contact with the dirty end of the stick. I dropped the complaint right then, while I still outside the cell.

Do we need people like that protecting us and looking out for our rights and well being? They are supposed to be honest and upright, but when a LEO has to lie and use deceit and threats, and threatens members of your family, to enforce the law, then there is something wrong with that law. Actually, it is not enforcing the law. It is lying and using deceit to get a conviction.

If a prosecutor has to lie and falsify evidence and encourage a police officer to commit perjury to get a conviction, they there is something very wrong with that law, and even more wrong with the intregrity of the prosecutor.

The few whose names appear most frequently on this thread and others like it won't agree, but it is fact. They are very easy to identify, because their posts are the most untruthful, hateful, bullying, disagreeing and self serving of anyone who uses this forum.

I am a member of a hunting club in south Georgia. One of the members is a deputy sheriff in the county our lease is in. We go by state game laws, plus a few others we came up with ourselves to improve the hunting, all legal.

Last year, we found some bait, a hundred or so pounds of corn which had been placed in the proximity of a stand. Baiting is illegal in Georgia. After an investigation, guess who we discovered had put out the bait, all around the area where he hunted, and who had built and hunted out of the stand?

Why, it was the deputy sheriff. Who else.

That is what this country needs-LEOs like this to protect our rights and safety and wellbeing.

You're just boring as hell!

War Damn Eagle!

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
And just as stupid.

2 guys who are often in confrontations with LE understand the logic of one another. Go F***in figure!

William Arthur Ward

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by isaac
And just as stupid.

2 guys who are often in confrontations with LE understand the logic of one another. Go F***in figure!

Not too surprising...happens to cell mates all the time.

=====================
Boots were made for walking
Winds were blowing change
Boys fall in the jungle
As I Came of Age

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've asked several here what they are doing to change the "wrongs" of LE. NOTHING! Not a damn thing. It's much easier to sit at the keyboard whining and crying.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Why in the world did either of you read it? There are people on this forum, when I see a post they make, I go right on by. Most of the time it is you two.

The only time I read your post is when it might be in regard to something I wrote.

Truth hurts, don't it?

You two are fine examples of those who are sworn to serve and protect.

.280, I guess this means that you won't answer my questions on the other threads.

That thread has hit about 60 posts, and you have made several replies, all sarcastic, nonsense and unhelpful, so I don't think I should hold on to any hope that this one will be any different. You claim to know the answers, but it is strange that you haven't come across with any helpful information.

What is wrong with you anyway? You act like you walk around with a king sized chip on your shoulder. I don't know what you have to do with LE, but it seems like if people don't give you the respect you think you are entitled to, then you will stomp their guts out or have someone else do it.

You are a sad, sad, piece of human creature. Just because you arn't as good or as smart as others on this forum doesn't mean you have to take it personal. I have been dealing with people who are less intellegent than me for most of my life, but I don't look down on them.

Some accept it as a way of life, but you seem to resent it.

Page 14 of 18 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

536 members (10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 163bc, 007FJ, 1234, 1_deuce, 52 invisible), 1,776 guests, and 1,183 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,106
Posts18,522,542
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.