Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Tacks,

What/who would you like me to respond to? I literally just walked in the door, been out of the country for a while. I think only one of us is having a problem letting it go. Other than rhetoric about putting it in my shoe, cheating the system, jeopardizing national security, and how I should conduct my hunts, I haven't read anything against my suggestion that can be substantiated. I posted my references and asked for any verifiable evidence that would rebut this idea. I hope this response satisfies you.

I am satisfied with the posts I received here and elsewhere. Thanks to all that responded rationally.

Stand up and be counted, join a shooting sports organization
GB1

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
see guy's,?

An inter-national travler tudragriz is,,but he caint spend a lousy 40 bucks ta get powder were he'll hunt 2 monthes from now,,,,poor little rich boy,,wwaaa,wwaaaboo-hoo,,

God bless you in your indevores griz,,best wishes.

Hope ya git a big one so ya can bring the meat home ta feed your family,,or maybe you'll get a big trophy rack to hang on the wall,,course you'll need to ship that home too won't ya,,after taxidermy work. Will ya be able to pack the rack in 45-70 shells too? Or just take photo's and call it "catch and release?". Leave the meat for the homeless,,,,

*ignore button on*

T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Just an update,

On a recent trip I personally spoke with a TSA Training Instructor that was knowledgeable in firearms. His response was that he saw nothing wrong with transporting small arms blackpowder cartridges as long as they met the criteria mentioned in the earlier posts.

I also wrote to Goex powder and received this response yesterday:

"Thanks for your inquiry. It is legal to fly with cartridges loaded
with black powder. You are not allowed to fly with powder in cans or in a
powder horn such as you would use with a muzzleloader. Loaded cartridges
are acceptable..." he then went on to describe specific trips taken with blackpowder cartridges.

Stand up and be counted, join a shooting sports organization
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

119 members (673, 10gaugemag, 2ndwind, 1minute, 29aholic, 12 invisible), 1,880 guests, and 911 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,758
Posts18,514,941
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.