Hop To
D
DMB Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
D
AND THIS IS JUST THE BEGINNING!

Is this the change the cult members wanted?

May 19, 2009
Letter from a Dodge dealer
letter to the editor
My name is George C. Joseph. I am the sole owner of Sunshine Dodge-Isuzu, a family owned and operated business in Melbourne, Florida. My family bought and paid for this automobile franchise 35 years ago in 1974. I am the second generation to manage this business.

We currently employ 50+ people and before the economic slowdown we employed over 70 local people. We are active in the community and the local chamber of commerce. We deal with several dozen local vendors on a day to day basis an d many more during a month. All depend on our business for part of their livelihood. We are financially strong with great respect in the market place and community. We have strong local presence and stability.

I work every day the store is open, nine to ten hours a day. I know most of our customers and all our employees. Sunshine Dodge is my life.

On Thursday, May 14, 2009 I was notified that my Dodge franchise, that we purchased, will be taken away from my family on June 9, 2009 without compensation and given to another dealer at no cost to them. My new vehicle inventory consists of 125 vehicles with a financed balance of 3 million dollars. This inventory becomes impossible to sell with no factory incentives beyond June 9, 2009. Without the Dodge franchise we can no longer sell a new Dodge as "new," nor will we be able to do any warranty service work. Additionally, my Dodge parts inventory, (approximately $300,000.) is virtually worthless without the ability to perform warranty service. There is no offer from Chrysler to buy back the vehicles or parts inventory.

Our facility was recently totally renovated at Chrysler's insistence, incurring a multi-million dollar debt in the form of a mortgage at Sun Trust Bank.

HOW IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA CAN THIS HAPPEN?

THIS IS A PRIVATE BUSINESS NOT A GOVERNMENT ENTITY

This is beyond imagination! My business is being stolen from me through NO FAULT OF OUR OWN. We did NOTHING wrong.

This atrocity will most likely force my family into bankruptcy. This will also cause our 50+ employees to be unemployed. How will they provide for their families? This is a total economic disaster.

HOW CAN THIS HAPPEN IN A FREE MARKET ECONOMY IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA?

I beseech your help, and look forward to your reply. Thank you.

Sincerely,

George C. Joseph
President & Owner
Sunshine Dodg e-Isuzu

Recession is when your neighbor loses his job.
Depression is when you lose your job.
Recovery is when Obama loses his job.

Don Buckbee

JPFO
NRA Benefactor Member
NSSA Life Member

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Welcome to Fascist America.

Most likely his crime against the State and Humanity was he supported the Republican Party. That seems to be the trend for yanking dealerships away from one dealer and giving them to another dealer.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That is terrible and doesn't sound very legal.

I'm speechless...

I
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I
"HOW CAN THIS HAPPEN IN A FREE MARKET ECONOMY IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA?"

I have recently attended some meetings and dinners where there were executives of large banks, big 4 accounting firms, and the like. Their attitude seems to be that things have changed, go with the flow, and everyone is afraid to rock the boat. Suddenly I have a little more sympathy for the "good Germans" during the 1930s.

But at least there's something we can do now. We can boycott GM and Chrysler cars. I will not buy a car fromn a company controlled by the Obamunists.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sad.............but unfortunately, this is just the beginning.

People had better wake up soon to what the power hungry & greedy idiots in DC are doing.

MM

IC B2

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
This is what happens to franchise agreements when a company goes bankrupt- they are null and void. Where are all the people who were chanting "let them fail" (Chrysler & GM) here awhile ago? If they would have, it wouldn't have been only 782 Chrysler dealers, it would have been all of them.
Not buying Gm & Chrysler cars isn't going to hurt DC- it is going to hurt guys similar to the guy who wrote this letter and his 50+ employees.

Hemi

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
How does closing a dealership like this one help Chryslers bottom line? I don't get it. Ken

�Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program." -- Milton Friedman
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Maybe this is like the winning presidential party giving away the ambassatorships to their friends and supporters. Dealerships in Obamas new public car companies for their friends and supporters. maybe this is why they pushed so hard for them to declare bankruptcy??

D
DMB Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
D
I hope that Mr. Joseph has a very good attorney, and that he goes after Chrysler with a vengeance. He has nothing to lose by doing that, and everything to gain.

Don

Don Buckbee

JPFO
NRA Benefactor Member
NSSA Life Member

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
That is pretty amazing, but it goes along with the Supreme Court's decision a few years ago allowing a town to condemn and take over by eminent domain private property to be given to another private party-- a developer.

Retired cat herder.

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by DMB
HOW CAN THIS HAPPEN IN A FREE MARKET ECONOMY IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA?
It cannot happen in a free market economy. But Obama is in the process of transforming us into a Marxist/Fascist society, and you cannot make an omelette without cracking some eggs.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
atrocity?

I guess people cried thier eyes out when the milkman lost his job, too.

All buisness ventures involve risk.

What if someone invented a water engine tomorrow? would eveyone be pouting over the loss of the gas stations?

No, this isnt even considered serious by me... sounds like another sales scam..
comon down and help us get rid of these cars.
Im supposed to feel sorry for a car dealer?
OK...

heres a little help for you...
A Fire Sale.

[Linked Image]

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by DMB
I hope that Mr. Joseph has a very good attorney, and that he goes after Chrysler with a vengeance. He has nothing to lose by doing that, and everything to gain.

Don

He would have a lot to loose- his money for a case that holds no water. Again, in bankruptcy your franchise agreement is NULL AND VOID. The franchise agreement he has is with a company that will no longer exist. Chrysler is forming a new company.

Hemi

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Should of let chrysler go belly up in the '80s...thats what I call a free market.

The end of democracy, and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by SAcharlie
Should of let chrysler go belly up in the '80s...thats what I call a free market.
Agreed. It set a very bad precedent.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

542 members (1beaver_shooter, 16gage, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10ring1, 12savage, 58 invisible), 2,689 guests, and 1,226 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,315
Posts18,505,694
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.