Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 17 of 18 1 2 15 16 17 18
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
And a 2007 update. Man, you're really on top of things!

I bet you're a real hit at the 7-11 coffee counter with all your fresh, current event stuff.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm rollin!

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 1234567
A lot of you are hitting on zen, but everything he has said makes a lot of sense.

If anyone has ever come in contact with LE in a negative way, then they know beyond a doubt that what both zen and myself are saying is factual, and more factual than any lawyer or LEO on here will admit.

Guilty or innocent, it doesn't matter. Get on their radar for any reason, and it is like trying to pick up a piece of sch*** by the clean end.

were you and zen really cellmates? or just sock puppets?

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Wow, all I can say is when I get to drinkin' I don't bash law enforcement. Not aimed at you Steve

Z
zeNII Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Z

92 YEAR OLD WOMAN KILLED BY POLICE

Finally here is one of the last updates:

Updated: 10:55 a.m. February 25, 2009
Atlanta police look to restore trust after drug raid killing
State senator asks department to release FBI report into fatal, botched raid

By BILL RANKIN

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Monday, February 23, 2009

The federal sentencing of three ex-Atlanta police officers for the illegal drug raid that left a 92-year-old woman dead closes only one chapter in the tragic case, the Atlanta Police Department said Wednesday.

�Restoring trust and confidence as well as healing the communities we serve are paramount in our efforts to rebuild a positive relationship with citizens of Atlanta,� the department said in a statement.
� Documents reveal details in Johnston slaying, cover-up
� Photos: The Johnston case

� Atlanta and Fulton County news

Atlanta police also will continue to review a report submitted by the FBI, which investigated the force after Kathryn Johnston�s shooting, �and take the appropriate action where necessary,� the department said.

The department statement came a day after a federal judge sent three fallen cops to prison for their roles in the raid on Johnston�s Neal Street home.

The judge said performance quotas influenced the officers� behavior.

�It is my fervent hope the Atlanta Police Department will take to heart what has happened here,� U.S. District Judge Julie Carnes said. After conducting an emotional two-day hearing, Carnes sentenced former officers Gregg Junnier, Jason R. Smith and Arthur Bruce Tesler to between five and 10 years in prison.

At the hearing, Tesler�s lawyer provided examples of other Atlanta police officers who broke the rules or violated the law and said a disturbing culture of misconduct pervades the force.

Following the sentencings, state Sen. Vincent Fort (D-Atlanta), who represents Johnston�s neighborhood, called on Atlanta police to release the FBI report. Federal prosecutors have said it contains recommendations that could lead to some officers being disciplined, fired or indicted on state charges.

�The public ought to know what that report says,� Fort said.

Carnes imposed the most severe sentence � 10 years � on Smith, 36, who obtained the illegal, no-knock search warrant allowing officers to batter down Johnston�s door.

A terrified Johnston, thinking she was victimized by a home invasion, fired a warning shot through the door. Narcotics officers responded with a hail of gunfire, killing her.

Carnes sentenced Junnier, 42, to six years in prison. Junnier, the most experienced officer, was the first to cross the �blue line� � the unspoken code of silence among police � and divulge to the FBI what really happened at Neal Street and how the officers concocted a sophisticated coverup.

For Junnier�s cooperation, Carnes cut his time from the 10 years recommended by sentencing guidelines.

The judge gave the biggest break to Tesler, saying prosecutors� recommendation of a 10- to 14-year term was �unduly harsh� because, overall, he played a �minor role.� She sentenced Tesler, 42, to five years in prison.

There is no parole in the federal system, but inmates can carve 15 percent off their time with good behavior. Junnier and Smith are to be sentenced March 5 in Fulton County on state charges, including voluntary manslaughter. Those sentences are to run concurrently with the federal time.

Tesler�s lawyer, Bill McKenney, told Carnes his client was being made �a sacrificial lamb and a scapegoat.� A former military man and a rookie on the squad, Tesler followed orders � including adhering to the script Smith provided for a cover story, the lawyer said.

After the shooting, Smith planted marijuana in Johnston�s home to make it look like a drug house.

In court, McKenney divulged details of an FBI report forwarded to Atlanta Police that shows how other officers broke rules.

McKenney said the FBI found that at least two other officers took �handoffs� from Junnier.

A �handoff� occurs when one officer collects information on a drug case and passes it on to another officer, who then falsely swears on a search warrant affidavit as if he or she had firsthand information about it.

Another officer, McKenney said, split a rock of crack cocaine seized in one case and used it for another case. One officer, he said, padded expense vouchers and used the cash to buy tinted windows for surveillance cars.

The FBI also found performance quotas of nine arrests and two search warrants a month expected of officers, McKenney said. Officers who failed to meet their quotas risked being transferred, he said.

This helped explain, Carnes said, why Smith, Junnier and Tesler � devoted family men and who gave selflessly to the communities � began cutting corners through lies.

�The pressures brought to bear� by the quotas had an impact on Smith, Junnier and Tesler, as well as other officers, Carnes said.

Following the sentencing, U.S. Attorney David Nahmias noted the Johnston tragedy prompted Atlanta Police to require new training and to revamp the narcotics unit. The prison terms also send a strong message to other officers who may think the �ends justify the means� by taking shortcuts or telling lies, he said.

Carnes also ordered all three former officers to reimburse Johnston�s estate the $8,180 it cost to bury her.

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/atlanta/stories/2009/02/23/johnston_sentencing.html

Last edited by zeNII; 05/29/09.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by zeNII
The FBI also found performance quotas of nine arrests and two search warrants a month expected of officers, McKenney said. Officers who failed to meet their quotas risked being transferred, he said.

Finally, something of interest from you. WTF is this?

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Z
zeNII Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Z
zeNII:

You are trying to use reasoning and logic on these people. You might as well give up, because there is no reason or logic gene in them.

No matter how much sense you make to me, and others on here, all you are going to get is more and more frustrated.

Some, probably most, of these people you are trying to reason with are LEOs, and I think, prosecutors. You will never reach them. If they were really interested in solving a problem that really needs to be solved, they would be more reasonable and join in, but they are just like those you have been writing about, who are bullies and abuse the system for their own profit and benefit.

They are not part of the problem. Them, and others like them are the problem.

The founding fathers gave us the Bill of Rights because they knew, over 200 years ago, how local police and constables of that time abused their authority. It hasn't changed today. That is why we have courts and judges, and some of them arn't much better than the ones they judge.

The founding fathers knew that the elected constables and sheriffs could and would not use sound judgment and would use the law to abuse, rob, and cheat people. They knew the rights of the people were too important to leave it up to the descretion of an appointed or elected sheriff or constable, charged with enforcing the law.

Even most police departments have an Internal Affairs division. What does this division do? It polices the police, or is supposed to. If an organization was trustworthy, would they need other policemen to keep them honest? I think not, and in addition, I don't think Internal Affairs does much to keep the other officers honest.

I don't need to name names. Just go back through the 15 pages of this thread and you can see for yourself who they are, and what they stand for. When you start a thread such as this, trying to use reason and logic, they jump in and squawk like a bunch of magpies, and it is always the same ones, except for a few of their followers who stand on the sidelines, hoping to run in and steal a bite of spoiled meat.

Read the previous threads and it will be obvious who these are, too. They are nothings, and it makes them feel important to jump on someone who is already down. They don't have the guts or intregrity to stand face to face. The let the others lead, then come along like scavangers to feast on the left overs.

Don't stop at this one particular thread. Go to others of similiar content, and the same names with the same BS will appear over and over, making no better sense than they make here.

There arn't but about ten of them, plus a few hangers-on, but throw out some bait, and you will be sure to catch one or more of them.

They don't want change. They don't want to clean up their act. They don't want to support anyone who wants to help them clean up their act.

Of the LEOs that are frequent contributers to this site, how would you like to be stopped and arrested by one of the ones I am talking about? You would be lucky to survive. If their attitude and true feelings comes out on a public forum like this, imigine what it would be like in the backroom of a police station with two or three of them, and you helpless and handcuffed to a ring in the wall.

I know, after writing this and making similiar comments, that if I were to be arrested by one of them, that my life would not be worth a plugged nickel.

Convicted prisoners are not members of high society, nor are they pillars of the community. Well, some of them were. Most are pretty low on the food chain. But, if a police officer is arrested and put in jail, they have to be kept seperated from the general population, because these inmates, as low on the food chain as they are, still look down on policemen.

If I were a cop, that is something I would not be proud of, to be looked down on and considered a lower class of humanity by other prisoners.

As mentioned, you are not going to make any headway. They are beyond your's or anyone's reach, when it comes to decency and trying to use reason and logic.

Just to give one example, a detective lied to me about a search warrant, and made threats, so that he could illegally confiscate property of mine. I wrote about it on another thread. While the detective was questioning me and threatening me about why I moved the property, I told him that I did not trust him not to plant evidence.

You haven't lived until have questioned the intregrity of a police officer, and tell him that you don't trust him to follow the law. When I told him I was worried that he might plant evidence, he went into a tailspin, threatening to sue me for slander and a bunch of other stuff.

While I was listening to him rant, I thought, sue me for slander? How could you slander a police officer? They are below slander.

What can I do about it? Who can I complain to? Why, Internal Affairs, of course, who are police officers themselves, who might as well be the foxes put in charge of guarding the chicken house. I did talk to the Internal Affairs officer, and the first thing she said to me was that she was positive that none of HER officers would even consider doing something like that.

Well, I knew better, because I was the one who had just come into contact with the dirty end of the stick. I dropped the complaint right then, while I still outside the cell.

Do we need people like that protecting us and looking out for our rights and well being? They are supposed to be honest and upright, but when a LEO has to lie and use deceit and threats, and threatens members of your family, to enforce the law, then there is something wrong with that law. Actually, it is not enforcing the law. It is lying and using deceit to get a conviction.

If a prosecutor has to lie and falsify evidence and encourage a police officer to commit perjury to get a conviction, they there is something very wrong with that law, and even more wrong with the intregrity of the prosecutor.

The few whose names appear most frequently on this thread and others like it won't agree, but it is fact. They are very easy to identify, because their posts are the most untruthful, hateful, bullying, disagreeing and self serving of anyone who uses this forum.

I am a member of a hunting club in south Georgia. One of the members is a deputy sheriff in the county our lease is in. We go by state game laws, plus a few others we came up with ourselves to improve the hunting, all legal.

Last year, we found some bait, a hundred or so pounds of corn which had been placed in the proximity of a stand. Baiting is illegal in Georgia. After an investigation, guess who we discovered had put out the bait, all around the area where he hunted, and who had built and hunted out of the stand?

Why, it was the deputy sheriff. Who else.

That is what this country needs-LEOs like this to protect our rights and safety and wellbeing.

Thanx for a great post,
I am well aware of everything you say, however I will not allow a gang to censor what the public needs to see and hear, I don't post for the benefit of some of the small minded miscreants who are attempting to censor public comment, but for citizens at large who do read (and perhaps do not comment out of fear of persecution) these posts and get something out of them-
thanks for your input and don't allow yourself to be censored or bullied on this forum, after a time more reasonable people will join the campfire and that will be a good thing:)

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
"Dumb and Dumber, The Sequel"

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Hey all, found a picture of zeNII, he really is a nutbag! he is just pissed off cause the police won't let him run around in his regular clothes. grin

[Linked Image]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You guys are nuts to keep even acknowledging his presence. I have quit, period.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Zen:

It is just people with simple minds at work. They know what we are saying is the truth and how it really is.

They keep making rude and derogatory comments to cover up their own insecurity. What is on this forum is just a small sampling of what is really out there, carrying guns, killing people, arresting people.

I know how it feels to have a police point a loaded gun at me. It was not the gun so much as knowing that the combined IQ of the two nuts pointing guns at me was less than room temperature. For what they make, low IQ people are the only ones they can get to do police work. No intellegent person would do what they do for the money they make.

Of course, there is the fringe benefits--they get to abuse, beat, and kill people with immunity. Of course, they get all the free donuts they want, too.

I believe now, and always will, that their intention was to kill me, not for the commission of a crime they errounously thought I might have committed, but to add me to their trophy list.

Many people on this forum do not and don't want to believe what You and I, and others are saying. That is because they know it is true.

I have been arrested and charged and accused of a crime I did not commit. I was taken to jail and I am well aware of how police can and will treat someone, and how cruel they can be.

If I did not know first hand, and had seen it with my own eyes, and experienced it, I would not dare post the comments I have posted on a public forum.

But, I have lived it. I have been there. I KNOW beyond a doubt what they are capable of.

I am not writing this to talk down to LEOs and to be insulting to them. I am writing it in the hope that word will get out to millions of people who might read this.

Calling me names and crazy and making outrageous comments about my intellegence is not going to stop me. The things they say and do on confirms what I am saying is the truth.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I was present when a Highway Patrolman was presenting a driver a ticket for a traffic violation. The driver made the statement "I suppose you're doing this to satisfy your quota." The Patrolman replied that his Watch Commander told him "There are no quotas on tickets. You can write as many as you want to."

Happy Trails!
NRA Life Member
N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N
Of course, there is the fringe benefits--they get to abuse, beat, and kill people with immunity. Of course, they get all the free donuts they want, too

I don't know anything about free donuts! Where are they, I might actually have to start eating them.

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Hey guys, I did manage to find a picture of 1234567 too, here he is in all his glory. Would explain a lot if you ask me!

[Linked Image]

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Les---Man I must say you have quite the collection of art. I'm impressed. Frankly I was bummed out when you pulled the babe down but this is getting more interesting by the post!

You makin' me laugh!! laugh

David Lee

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Someone, either on this thread or one of the others of similiar content posted a picture of a squalling kid on a bicycle with a square front wheel.

You don't even have enough sense to realize that if you had made the wheel in the shape of a triangle, you could have eliminated one of the bumps on each revolution of the wheel.

And you have the nerve to call me stupid?

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Zen:

What is on this forum is just a small sampling of what is really out there, carrying guns, killing people, arresting people.

What guns?! Who has guns??!! Nobody here has guns! I got a big stick.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Steve No wrote:

"1234567 is obviously one of those clients that lawyers get a feel for and then very quickly realize what they're dealing with and show him the door."

No Steve, that is not true. I paid him $2500.00 because he said that he knew the assistant district attorney and that she was as stupid as a bucket of rocks, and it would be very simple to win in court. He said the case would be an easy win.

He negociated, or else she offered a plea, to charges only slightly less that the penalty for aggravated assault. When I first contacted the attorney, I said that I would not plead to a lessor charge, because I absolutely refused to plead guilty to a crime I did not commit.

When he told me about the plea arrangment, I told him no, that I would go to jail before I pled guilty to a crime I did not commit.

THAT IS WHEN HE SHOWED ME THE DOOR and refused to represent me any more.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
No Steve, that is not true. I paid him $2500.00 because he said that he knew the assistant district attorney and that she was as stupid as a bucket of rocks, and it would be very simple to win in court. He said the case would be an easy win.
++++++++++++++++++++++

Any lawyer who carries on like that (if he truly did) to a client, isn't worth a buck much less 2500 of them.

But, for the most part, you don't come across as credible, at all.

William Arthur Ward

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
"But, for the most part, you don't come across as credible, at all."

How do you mean?

I aggee with part of it, that he wasn't worth $1.00. He wasn't worth the $1.00.

In addition to what I wrote and the conversation I had with him, his paralegal sent me several e-mails outlining the plea, and the remarks about my intellegence for not taking the plea. I saved all the e-mails, plus documents in my file giving the details of the plea.

I kept them and made copies of them and I send them to the State Bar Association when I filed a fee dispute, and I also sent copies to the Office of the General Counsel of the State Bar when I filed a grievance against him for violating State Bar rules.

Would you like to see them? I scanned them and saved them.

I would like for you to read them. I won't post them here but I will send them in PM. The reason I am volunteering to do that is that you stated that I don't sound credible. Your seeing the copies of the documents will not prove that I am credibable, and I wonder why I am even concerned about what you think at all, but here I am, writing a bunch of what I know will be considered a bunch of idiotic rambling. I believe my former attorney said that to me, too, about some of the things I said when I refused to take the plea.

Oh, I have copies of the plea, also, if you would like to see that. Actually I have copies of two different pleas. They are the same, in that they both spell out what I am supposedly guilty of. But one states that I should plead guilty of one crime, and the other states that I should plead guilty to a different crime. Even if I wanted to make a plea, I don't know what I would be pleading to, because I have two different plea officers, stating the same charges and the same penalties, except the list different crimes.

I also sent copies of these to the State Bar when I filed the grievance.

If, after reading them, plus notes that the police made, then lost and I found, and then you want to still claim that I am do not come across as credible, then that will prove, to me at least, that you are no smarter than I am, and I have been referred to as being pretty dumb.

I can also send you a copy of the contract that I signed and my wife initialed, which states about what I said above. That is the second page of the contract, although it appears to be the only page, the way it is formatted. Trusting him, I did not ask for a copy of this contract at the time.

I can also send a copy of the first page of the contract, which was not attached when I signed the original. The first page spells out that if it goes to trial, I will owe him another $2500.00. That was what the big argument was about, that he didn't do anything for the first $2500.00 but spend 5 or 10 minutes negociating a plea, that I would fork over another $2500.00. The first $2500.00 was supposed to be to take it to trial, if he couldn't get the charges dropped.

If the first page had been attached, I would never have signed the contract. It took every penny I could borrow to pay the first $2500.00.

No, I don't have an attorney right now. I can't afford one, and the indigent defense will not give me a court appointed attorney, so the only choice I seem to have is to represent myself.

I have told my story on here. I will probably tell the same story in court to the judge and jury. If the ones who have been answering my posts are anything like the jury, there is no doubt that I will be convicted and go to jail. You have already found me guilty. There is no reason that a jury that I tell the same story to will think otherwise, even though I do have a sworn affadavit from the only witness who was present at the incident stating that what I am charged with didn't happen, but I don't expect a jury to believe that either.

The $2500.00, as he put it, was a bargain, because it would be such an easy win because the ADA was stupid as a rock and he (the lawyer) was close personnal friends with one of the officers who arrested me. That would be another reason for the easy win.

I don't come across as creditable? I could say that I'm sorry about that, but I won't, because I am not. I was there. I know what happened.

If I go to jail, I probably won't serve much time. In 2002, I had the second of two heart attacks, this time a massive one. It done a lot of permanent damage to my heart, and I take about 8 different medications a day. No too long after the second heart attack, the heart doctor told me that my life expectancy was a lot less that of a person without my heart condition. I kind of suspected that. That has been 7 years ago. I did not expect to make it anywhere near that long. When I was in jail, although I explained all this, I was refused all medication, even though I explained it to the nurseing staff. I also have a pace maker. I went 5 days without any medication. That includes diabetes medication, too.

If and when I go to jail, my outside estimate is that I might make it a month at the most without my medication. It might be that I won't make it a month even with my medication.

Do you think with the life expectancy that I have that I am worried or concerned about what any of you think or that I want your sympathy? Worrying about my longevity is not something that keeps me awake at night. If I go, I would rather go in my sleep, like a friend did, instead of screaming and yelling like everyone else on the airplane.

I would like to get the case dismissed and get out from under it, to be able to live in a little peace for the time I have left, without the charges hanging over me, however long that is, but it doesn't seem likely.

I shouldn't have written this reply, but somehow, your remark about credibility didn't sit too well, not that it matters to either you or me.

Page 17 of 18 1 2 15 16 17 18

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

496 members (10gaugeman, 12344mag, 22kHornet, 222Sako, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 50 invisible), 1,708 guests, and 1,187 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,099
Posts18,522,287
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.