Print Thread
Hop To
E
EWY Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
E
Last fall I picked up a Fausti Volo 20ga over under. This is the Cabela's exclusive. I have read mixed opions of this gun on the net and thought I would share my experience.
I attended a wing shooting clinic over the weekend and put anothe 75 shells through the gun making a total of about 200 through the gun. So far no malfunctions of any kind. Point of aim and point of impact are very close. The limited patterning I have done has been good with no big holes. While I know 200 shots is not much, I am very happy with this gun. Fit and finish are, in my opion, very good when you consider this a under $1,000.00 shotgun.

Ernie

George Washington - �Labour to keep alive in your breast that little spark of celestial fire,�conscience.�

God save the Republic
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Everyone wants an Over/Under....it's the classic hunter along with the fine side by sides.

That said, they're not cheap and a lot of folks have strived to market a cheap Over/Under to serve a large market but at a reduced price.

The only one that ever did a spectacular job of this is back a long time ago when Charles Daly bought us the Miruku over/Under....today known as the Citori from Browning.

This shotgun was the best bargain in shotgun history.....but to my knowlege the feat has not been repeated.

Try as folks may we still haven't seen "Citori quality" shotguns at half price.

IMO the least expensive "good gun" is the SKB 505 field.....a great gun for about $1,100 give or take a bit.

Last edited by vapodog; 05/31/09.
Z
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Z
EWY,
I think that's a lot of gun for the money, and would take it over any of the Turkish made guns.

Vapo,
Don't forget the Miroku made CDs were just a hair cheaper than the Win 101s and low end Berettas in the late 60's. I'm still looking for a Monkey Ward's Western Field SxS duck gun with 30" barrels - a Miroku made SxS with chopper lump barrels!

My 1971ish CD trap gun, with the Selexor switch, on the back of the frame, to change from ejectors to extractors. Nothing but luv.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ZeroGravitas
EWY,
I think that's a lot of gun for the money, and would take it over any of the Turkish made guns.

I had a 410 O/U from Daly. This was a recent model of about 2005 or so.....just before Daly was bought out by (I forget who) but the gun was nice....handled well and shot well.....everything I wanted in a quail gun. I shot skeet with it for a time as well....then one day the chrome came loose in the bottom barrel and finally shot out. The stuff was thick.....about .020 thick which destroyed the choke and left me with no chije at all. The thing threw shot all over the place.

I returned it under warranty and was told they don't cover it!

I made a press fit insert for the barrel and repaired it and it shot well again....only after I was convinced it was OK again did I sell it....and actually made a few coins on the deal.....but from that day I've not bought an import from anyone but a reputable company.....and I'm not sure what that means any more.

I gave up looking for a "cheap" O/U

I ordered and returned three American Arms 410 O/Us a few years prior to that for obvious flaws...one of them actually patterned a whole two feet from point of aim at 20 yards!......and only one of the barrels....the other one was fine.

For those that are successful getting a "bargain" O/U My hat is off.....it just hasn't been my experience so far.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The Fausti ladies aren't bad to look at either.

Me

IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

88 members (35, 6mmbrfan, 257_X_50, 2500HD, 7mm_Loco, 257robertsimp, 6 invisible), 1,419 guests, and 857 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,118
Posts18,483,511
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.