Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 112 of 173 1 2 110 111 112 113 114 172 173
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Just caught your posts, Tom.

You didn't lambast me. Consider the context of your avatar-altering, though. Things that are funny in one context, are taking a shot at someone in another. But regardless, I'm enjoying exploring this with you in a gentlemanly way.

I gotta run to the building supply store (baseboard and wainscotting trim) with the wife here... in the meantime, measure the LOP, and when I get back, I'll post a pic of my ugly mug, shouldering my WONDERFUL Model 7, with it's wacky Zeiss 1.8-5.5 on it <g>.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
HR IC

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Depends on the stock config but mainly 13 5/8 - 13 3/4

I am 6' tall and have looong arms.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Tom,

Had time to had the kid snap this (bad) picture.

Procedure: close eyes, mount rifle to the most natural position for me, open eyes, snap picture.

This is where that scope needs to be, for me, to work right.

[Linked Image]

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Sorry Jeff...........couldn't pass this up!!!

[Linked Image]

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Knew that was coming <grin>.

You pull off your big move yet, Rich?

-jeff

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
This thread has been so darn entertaining, I kinda hope real estate doesn't pick up in Oregon. Even if it does, you'll keep posting...won't ya Jeff? smile

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Knew that was coming <grin>.

You pull off your big move yet, Rich?

-jeff

Next week!!!

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I've gotta say looking at pic of Jeff I didn't know they had Conquest and Model 7s in the 60s! Wink

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
You wouldn't know, never having used that stock, with my LOP and that scope. Who's the pinhead talkin' out his okie butt here? Grin...

A guy mounting a scope where it works best for HIM... imagine that! It's almost like... like... wait a bit, it's coming...

It's almost like he's doing it based on his own EXPERIENCE!

The horror....

Laffin'...

Your assuming I've never shouldered a Model 7. Or owned one...

Your assuming that using your own experience means your exorcising good judgment.The pic of you shouldering your rifle tells a lot.

But hang in there JeffO. Good judgment comes with experience. And a lot of experience comes from bad judgment...

What you need is two or three experienced old men to kick you around some and mentor ya a little instead of assuming you know what your talking about. But to do that you'd have to shut up and listen a lot and by reading your posts that seems unlikely to happen real soon...

Good luck to ya though...

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
okie
"...exorcising good judgment."

That has to be intentional! wink And perfect! wink
art nodding yes

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Jeff
No need to stop now you are definitely on a roll!
art

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Knew I could count on you to catch that one Art...grin

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
The pic of you shouldering your rifle tells a lot

+P+

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Shrug. It's how I shoot, so sue me. Been shooting long guns offhand since I was about 6 years old, and I'm pretty OK at it, not gonna change anything now.

My point isn't that I'm some sort of expert, or that everyone else is wrong.

My point is, my rifles are set up for me. I like the scopes back a bit further than most of you. So?

It seems there's a tacit concession from Art and others that they misunderstood (to put it in nice terms) what I meant when I casually mentioned black around the image a while back. If not, then you still need to tell me how moving the scope farther away from me will increase the size of the image at full magnification, since it won't, and since I have the complete opposite of black around the image at lower magnifications...

So that one's dealt with, it would seem.

It also seems there's a tacit concession that the way my M700's and Kimber are set up is perfectly reasonable, given that I'm 1/4" to 1/2" away from what you guys seem to prefer.

So it appears that your whole thing is how that Zeiss is mounted on that M7. Since you guys have never seen or held one of those scopes, you'll just have to take my word for it that mounted right THERE is where it's perfect for me- which means it would be very close to perfect for most of you too, since we set other rifles up similarly. The scope just looks goofy on that rifle, and it's throwing your perceptions off.

And it's my phuggin' rifle anyway <grin>. Bite me.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
"It seems there's a tacit concession from Art and others that they misunderstood (to put it in nice terms) what I meant when I casually mentioned black around the image a while back."

Uh... No, there is no freaking concession from me on anything. You have painted yourself into a rapidly shrinking corner. I would be happy to deliver more paint, but it looks like you have a commercial account with Benjamin Moore...

I doubt you will ever understand what you do not yet get... But it is entertaining.

If I knew as much as you do about scopes I would be asking advice not giving it... (blatantly stolen from Tad)
art

Last edited by Sitka deer; 06/02/09. Reason: attribution

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
So let me get this straight.

You think, that when I spoke of black around the image it was because... because...I have my scopes mounted SO CLOSE to me that I'm into the point where I lose the full image at LOW magnification!? THAT'S what you think?

There's no other explanation for your position. You know I see black around the image at some settings, and you think my scopes are mounted too far back towards me. You can't be talking about black around the image at full power- that would only increase, with a Leupold, if the scope is moved further away from me as you advocate doing. So, you can only be saying that my scopes are so close that I'm out of the eye box. Do you even know how close to the damn thing I'd have to be for that to happen, Art? CLOSE.

That's just comical, Art. Stop it. It's just silly, and you aren't that dumb- and *I* sure as heck am not. You are trying to bluff your way out of the fact that you, once again, attacked someone for no good reason- and over-reached again, as you often do.

Art, you lost this one. Just stop.

Last edited by Jeff_O; 06/03/09.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
So now you're claiming "victory" on this one too?

Judges?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
To get back to the subject, the .308 is better than the 7mm-08.

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing 1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~
FVA Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
How did you ever make out with your air compressor Jeff?

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
And the "ghost ring" comment was also a casual reference?

Actually you cemented Art's original statement re: contorting your body to make something work.

Straight up head position with what appears to be shooting off flat feet may work in the living room, but leaves something to be desired in the field. Recoil must move you around a bit also.

However, the one thing you are right about is that it's all about you so go on your way. It seems in your case there is always the way of experience and then there is Jeff's way. The two seldom cross paths.

Eye dominance?

laissez les bons temps rouler
Page 112 of 173 1 2 110 111 112 113 114 172 173

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

528 members (10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 160user, 1936M71, 007FJ, 65 invisible), 2,438 guests, and 1,247 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,444
Posts18,489,584
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.