Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 25 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 24 25
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
BW

Do you happen to have any photos of Mt. Edgecomb? The harbor with it in the background is one of the most awesome settings I have seen.

Larry
"Speed is fine but accuracy is final" - Bill Jordan
"We do not exaggerate when we state positively that the remodelled Springfield is the best and most suitable "all 'round" rifle".......Seymour Griffin, GRIFFIN & HOWE, Inc. wink
GB1

KC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

1akhunter:

Rick was our taxi driver in '04.

KC

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 1akhunter
nice pics, whatcha doing with Rick Grant's airplane? (grin)

Barkoff cabins dot the landscape here, many on what is now deemed FED land have been burnt by the Park Service.

In days gone by, no one locked their cabin, folks traveling were free to use it whether the owner was there or not. but folks had etiqutte back in the day, if you burned wood you chopped it, and refilled the wood box and kindling bucket.

if you consumed food, you made arrangements to replace it either by leaving some you had with you or jottin down in the journal when you would pass that way again better supplied or leave notice how for the cabin owner could get hold of you in town so you could repay them.

thus the journal, it was the way of communication concerning that particular cabin.

I've never been to a cabin that didn't have a journal, some of the old ones, volumes of them. but I'm sure there are cabins without them.

my cabin neighbors still leave their cabin unlocked, though the rest of us lock ours. they have a journal on the kitchen table as you walk in.

they staked that land in the early 70's to my knowledge they've only been ripped off a few times. Couple of times in the last year or so.

We held a memorial service and they buried the ashes of his father this last Sunday out in front of his dad's cabin. I truly couldn't have any finer back country neighbors.

Sadly even the country isn't what it once was.

tis interesting reading some of those old cabin journals.

a candle, an old journal, a good fire in the stove on a cold winter night, makes for good entertainment for me.

Thanks for the explanation, that's pretty neat stuff.

BW Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Idared
BW

Do you happen to have any photos of Mt. Edgecomb? The harbor with it in the background is one of the most awesome settings I have seen.

Pretty much the typical Sitka picture...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Brian

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
KC what is your budy behind you in the blue 180 trying to say? Did you shoot his caribou or what?

IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
See a problem here?

KC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

skudrunner:

I never noticed that before. That's the pilot. He got one over on me.

KC

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

KC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I found one more good one.

[Linked Image]

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Very cool thread.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by BW
BW

Thanks for posting BW. It is the first thing that come to my mind when I think of Sitka, although I do enjoy the totem poles also.

Larry
"We do not exaggerate when we state positively that the remodelled Springfield is the best and most suitable "all 'round" rifle".......Seymour Griffin, GRIFFIN & HOWE, Inc. wink
IC B3

S
SLM Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S
All the pics. are awesome thanks again.

Scott

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
BW that is such B.S. you guys get 2 days a summer that look like this and then the rest it rains.Hell that is probably 3 year worth of pics.If Sitka looked like that all summer I would move.

Originally Posted by BW
BW

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
They are very cool pics though.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by elim
BW that is such B.S. you guys get 2 days a summer that look like this and then the rest it rains.Hell that is probably 3 year worth of pics.If Sitka looked like that all summer I would move.

Awe, surely a person can get a photo like this 150 days or so out of the year, can't you? laugh

[Linked Image]

Larry
W
W

Thanks for posting BW. It is the first thing that come to my mind when I think of Sitka, although I do enjoy the totem poles also.

Funny, when I think of Sitka, I think of standing at attention in the rain, wondering if anyone would notice I was trying to sleep with my eyes open wink

-=Brett=-
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Awesome pics guys, simply awesome!

Karma and Trouble have busses, and there's always an empty seat.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I got through the second page and I just absolutely can't stand this! I want to go to alaska SO bad!

-The only real power comes out of a long rifle-
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
well damn!!!!

looks like a tourism brochure

very nice, thanks for sharing!

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
You guys have some major BLLS to post those lousy pictures. Oh sure, I'm certain it was terrible and not fun and all getting them.
YOU ALL SUCK!!!!!

Great job fellas!!!!!!!!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

With these parting shots I would like to say "Good bye" and "Fare well" to all of you guys till end of september - ish.

More pictures need taking - I will drag myself of the puter now and head to AK to get some more.

I will report.

Member of the Merry Band of turdlike People.

Page 6 of 25 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 24 25

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

379 members (12344mag, 257 mag, 160user, 163bc, 10gaugemag, 264mag, 32 invisible), 1,612 guests, and 940 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,867
Posts18,497,418
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.